Academy Prospects?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Liaminho9

Reaction score
Has anybody heard any rumours of who could be next to step up to the first team?

was that McFadzean that kid that was shown off at the lane the other week? Or was a different youngester? I cant remember much about it just that Gary Sinclair said that he was the next big thiing....

UTB

A defender again though! Don't we produce strikers?!

About one every 10 years, and we sell them quick.

2000's - Billy Sharp
1990's - Lee Morris
1980's - Clive Mendonca
1970's - Keith Edwards

Expect another forward to appear in about 2017, and for him to be sold to a Humberside team about 18 months later.

jack adams was 1 to look out for until he did his crutiate ligament but he due to return in a months time and he says hes ready to start firing again also connor brown and phil roe

jack adams was 1 to look out for until he did his crutiate ligament

Indeed, we seem to keep getting some of the most promising picking up long term injuries though :(

As "prospect" is a very loose definition and can mean anything from 13 year old good at stepovers to 18/19 year old regularly producing MOM performances in the ressies, how close are these lads to the first team right now?

As "prospect" is a very loose definition and can mean anything from 13 year old good at stepovers to 18/19 year old regularly producing MOM performances in the ressies, how close are these lads to the first team right now?

As the Lord of Hoof prefers Ryan France on the bench or going with only 6 subs instead of seven, I would say not very close.
A different manager may think differently though!

Theres a quality 17yr old over striker at Ferencvaros -playing in the U19 squad ..... was sent over there last August scored 10 in last 8 games ... really fast left footer!

I went to watch the Under 18's against Liverpool the other day. I'd say 3 of them have a realistic chance of getting near the squad in the next 18 months or so.

Connor Brown is a very good right back, Maguire looks a pretty decent holding midfielder and is very well built, and a centre forward called Ahmad. Had a very good all round game and scored a peach of a goal. Very impressive.

Theres a quality 17yr old over striker at Ferencvaros -playing in the U19 squad ..... was sent over there last August scored 10 in last 8 games ... really fast left footer!

what's his name?

Nathan Thomas

I've heard good reports on this lad from 'those that know'. He's one that the club think alot of, expect him back over here and if not in the 1st team, out on loan in Div 1 getting some experience. Got the one thing we seem short of, supposed to be a proper Billy Whizz!

Had a very good all round game and scored a peach of a goal. Very impressive.

I was very impressed with him, for those who weren't there, here's the goal in question:

[video=vimeo;11146452]http://www.vimeo.com/11146452[/video]

What special about that, I score goals like that every night in my dreams, when I am the Blades star striker in the Champions league final. Not bad though is it!!

Back
Top Bottom