Player Suggestion Abraham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would be fuckin reeet player for us.

If Villa fuck off and scout their own players for once it could happen.

When would Abraham, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson Adoi ever come down to our wage bracket? Sorry, but it’s never going to happen. Unfortunately we’re in the position to find new gems/take a risk, not fork out a huge fee/wage on a near finished article.

This is obviously oversimplyfying things be we can afford players upto and around £20m.
We'd pay those players around £20k a weeks which over 3 years is £3.3m.

Obviously with loan players there's no sell on fees and most will never be available to buy but even a player on £50k a week would only cost us £3m roughly.

OK thats a lot for 1 season, especially for a player thats not ours, and thats if their parent club doesn't add a loan fee into the deal but Wilder has said he wants to use the loan market this season.

Being a newly promoted side we will only get stronger and stronger every season we stay up. If a wage busting loan gives us the fire power to push on and put us in a better financial footing the season after then I cant see the harm.

3m for one season is a snip. They would probably want a loan fee as well to be fair, I know Stoke paid around 5m + Wages for Zouma for one season.

What is this thing with people saying we can’t afford the wages of a loan player.

When it comes to loans the vast majority of the deals the wages are subsidised.

What is this thing with people saying we can’t afford the wages of a loan player.

When it comes to loans the vast majority of the deals the wages are subsidised.

Those days are long gone, I'm afraid. Loan fee plus wages meant that buying Ramsdale was cheaper than getting Henderson on loan. The elite are paying kids a fortune and want a return which is why any PL to PL loan deal will also involve full payment of salary.

Reactions: RWE
The good thing about paying a couple of loan players big money is it doesn't break the wage structure. The bad thing is we aren't developing our own players.

Bringing someone like Abraham in and paying him 60k a week means we get a top class striker for 3m plus any loan fee. Compare that with Villa apparently willing to pay Watkins 70k a week and a 25m transfer fee and I know where the value is.

Sound scouting and coaching trumps throwing money at it. There are some hugely pricy outfits that play as a bunch of individuals. The longer we stay in the EPL the bigger the improvement in our financial position and spending power. Evolution not revolution. Our club got very lucky in landing CWAK and otherwise is a model for others to follow.

I think this would be the most obvious off to Villa move you would get for obvious reasons

Villa would be stupid not to get him if they can and seeing as they practically bid on anyone who is mooted as available you would assume they would

I'm amazed this thread has got to 4 pages! If there was ever a player who Villa were likely to go for its him, as reported, and even if Villa weren't interested, he's played all of last season for the, scored 15 goals for Chelsea last season so if Chelsea were going to get rid you;d think a 22 year old, England International who's just scored 15 PL goals would cost about £50m minimum I'd say. Even if its lower there's so many more clubs who would want him with bigger budgets than us.

Maybe our policy should be buying from Villa for the players that are no longer first team regulars, we'd probably make far more of their talent than Dean Smith does! Like James Bree (full back), Mbwana Samatta, Jota, and Marvelous Nakamba! Ok, I know nothing on most of them, but the latter's Zimbabwe international called Marvelous - what's not to like! ;)

You clearly rate Abraham above any of our current strikers. I think he is okay and to be honest 'Bambi on ice is harsh' but seemingly along with may others I don't think he is great and not really value for money in comparison to what we have! What do you think he brings to the table that our current strikers don't have, which would justify his enormous unaffordable wage packet?
Double digit goals tally in the premier league. 15 I think

That would be nice! He bagged 15 last season playing for Chelsea. Just wonder what attributes he has that our current strikers don't, that would enable him to score more goals in our team? Can't really see us getting him anyway owing to wages.

This would really be the marquee signing which has been threatened for the last 12+ months. I would have thought he'd be perfect for Villa and Palace though...

Clear he won't get game time at Chelsea anytime soon.

Before this gets out of hand let me explain: I’m on my hols with in laws one of which is a member of staff for utd. He received a random call from a fellow staff member stating efforts have been made to signnAbraham on a perm. That is all.

Did he recieve a random answer?

Let me indulge in this as a fantasy.

"So Tammy, join us. No, we cant match the wages of some, but as long as you perform anything like you can then you will be starting in the prem with international tournaments upcoming. We establish further and you either get a wage rise befitting increased status or you get the move to a top top club but you would be going back as a starter as opposed to where things stand at the moment"

Can't see it (at all) but it's nice to dream.

Can't loan him, we couldn't pay his wages anyway
Chelsea are unlikely to sell him to us, we couldn't afford the fee or the wages
He wouldn't sign for us

Back
Top Bottom