CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We sold him for £1 + bought him back for £18 - if we can get £30m we might recover a large part of what we've already "lost" on him.
Gerrim selt.
Gerra decent cheaper replacement.
Gerra decent CB or 2.
Gerra creative MF.
Eh? I can kind of see where you went with this but as soon as we get anything above 18m then we've already flattened the 'loss' on him and are back to being 1m up on him. Anything between 18m to 32m is then pure profit on top of the initial 1m.

Eh? I can kind of see where you went with this but as soon as we get anything above 18m then we've already flattened the 'loss' on him and are back to being 1m up on him. Anything between 18m to 32m is then pure profit on top of the initial 1m.
Dem Cherries made £17m which could have been ours + represents an opportunity loss. We get £18m for him we've still "lost" the £17m dem Cherries made instead of us - we need to sell at £35m to recoup that back.

Dem Cherries made £17m which could have been ours + represents an opportunity loss. We get £18m for him we've still "lost" the £17m dem Cherries made instead of us - we need to sell at £35m to recoup that back.

whilst I agree - that’s pretty much 2020 hindsight. It’s obvious now we should have kept him in terms of how good he can be.

but the million or so we got probably paid for JOC and Moore that season and might not have happened without the sale.

Was he a better keeper than hendo 3 seasons ago? Would we have been promoted with him in net instead of hendo?? Who knows!

we can moan about sales but until we amongst the biggest fish we are always going to struggle if someone fancies out player and that’s even if we were still a PL side.

£25 mill + add ons I’d sell

Remember when jack butland was worth £50 Mill

That makes zero sense how did we lose £17m

You could say if we kept him then we don’t get John Fleck & courts which started the journey to getting £240M in prem TV money

People still ignore the fact that when we sold Ramsdale on 31 January 2017 his contract had a few months to run. If Bournemouth had waited until 1 July we would have got a lot less than £1m from a tribunal.

Suely you're not saying we need £35m to break even on someone we've paid a net of £17m transfer fees for? The £17m we "lost" is the the same £17m they "gained". The transfer back to us wiped out any opportunity cost as we once again own that opportunity. Assuming the transfer fees are correct and forgetting about wages and sell ons, as soon as we hit £17m we are even.

Anyway, what's gone is gone. I'd like to see Rammers in net next season, but if we get a silly offer and he wants to go, so be it.

If Ramsdale was motivated by money, he would not have re-signed for the Blades when he left Bournemouth.
The only incentive for him to go to Arsenal and sit on the bench, is a big increase in wages.
He will get more exposure to playing games, and enhance his England reputation if he stays put.

His finances will improve if he plays his part getting the Blades back to the PL.

If Ramsdale was motivated by money, he would not have re-signed for the Blades when he left Bournemouth.
The only incentive for him to go to Arsenal and sit on the bench, is a big increase in wages.
He will get more exposure to playing games, and enhance his England reputation if he stays put.

His finances will improve if he plays his part getting the Blades back to the PL.

This is it IMO. Ramsdale has already said he not interested in a move and would like to settle down, why would he move agian to sit on the bench for a mid table premier league side. Secondly staying at UTD and playing week in week out, is not going to hinder his chances of further England call ups, I’m almost certain with his cameo this summer his foot is well in the England door.

We are lucky to have characters like Ramsdale and Berge (who don’t seem to be in it for the money) - WBA have a very similar problem to us, however, their midfielder has chucked one in and won’t play and their keeper is arsenals second choice happens to be a lot cheaper. WBA, unlike Fulham don’t have a wealthy owner. The damage that could be done to a promotion rivals if we find a way to keep both at the expense of them would give us an edge.

I'm hoping he's a footballer who wants to play football, rather than getting really rich instead of very rich.

He needs to look how Deano's value went up from having a great season in the Championship, and hopefully a promotion on his CV which looks better than 2 relegations

This is it IMO. Ramsdale has already said he not interested in a move and would like to settle down, why would he move agian to sit on the bench for a mid table premier league side. Secondly staying at UTD and playing week in week out, is not going to hinder his chances of further England call ups, I’m almost certain with his cameo this summer his foot is well in the England door.

We are lucky to have characters like Ramsdale and Berge (who don’t seem to be in it for the money) - WBA have a very similar problem to us, however, their midfielder has chucked one in and won’t play and their keeper is arsenals second choice happens to be a lot cheaper. WBA, unlike Fulham don’t have a wealthy owner. The damage that could be done to a promotion rivals if we find a way to keep both at the expense of them would give us an edge.

He only made the England squad because of injuries, he’s currently 5th choice behind Pickford, Pope, Henderson and Johnstone. It’s unlikely he’s going to move further up the pecking order playing in the Championship.

Arsenal haven’t done well recently by their standards, but to call them a mid table Premier League club is a bit ridiculous. They could easily be back in the Champions League within a couple of seasons and they’ll always be in the mix to win an FA or League Cup. If there is genuine interest from Arsenal, I’d be amazed if Ramsdale didn’t want to pursue it.

He only made the England squad because of injuries, he’s currently 5th choice behind Pickford, Pope, Henderson and Johnstone. It’s unlikely he’s going to move further up the pecking order playing in the Championship.

Arsenal haven’t done well recently by their standards, but to call them a mid table Premier League club is a bit ridiculous. They could easily be back in the Champions League within a couple of seasons and they’ll always be in the mix to win an FA or League Cup. If there is genuine interest from Arsenal, I’d be amazed if Ramsdale didn’t want to pursue it.
I agree arsenal still carry some weight but the longer they aren’t challenging at the top the greater the risk is that they do just become a middling side. There’s an increasing number of teams capable and willing to compete with them financially Villa, Leicester and wolves can all compete with and have in some cases have outcompeted arsenal for players and obviously Leicester offer a greater chance of winning something as well. Arsenals position in the game is under legitimate threat right now.

I agree arsenal still carry some weight but the longer they aren’t challenging at the top the greater the risk is that they do just become a middling side. There’s an increasing number of teams capable and willing to compete with them financially Villa, Leicester and wolves can all compete with and have in some cases have outcompeted arsenal for players and obviously Leicester offer a greater chance of winning something as well. Arsenals position in the game is under legitimate threat right now.

They have definitely slipped and aren’t competing with the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man U and Liverpool at the moment, but for all their recent issues they’ve still won an FA Cup and made a Europa League final recently.

For the real top talent, Arsenal aren’t going to be in with a chance, but for players like Ramsdale, they’re going to be a very attractive club based on history, stadium, facilities, current squad and of course money.

They have definitely slipped and aren’t competing with the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Man U and Liverpool at the moment, but for all their recent issues they’ve still won an FA Cup and made a Europa League final recently.

For the real top talent, Arsenal aren’t going to be in with a chance, but for players like Ramsdale, they’re going to be a very attractive club based on history, stadium, facilities, current squad and of course money.
I agree they’re still at a point where with the correct strategy they can recover their standing and they definitely have a draw but it’s now no longer a forgone conclusion that players will choose arsenal. Buendia was a stark example of that.

The chance to triple / quadruple his wages, play European football at some point during his contract, enhance his profile and live in London with all that it offers for those with plenty of clover.

He would be mad not to go IMHO.

I've no idea why Arsenal want him, and it seems most of their fans are similarly baffled. But if they want to chuck £30m+ at him then be my guest.

I doubt we'll get 30 out of arsenal and certainly not 32. My guess is 25 is their ceiling and they might just offer slightly more upfront so we get into the early twenties.

If they do offer 30, it'll be with insane add ons. 15 up front but 30 if Rammers achieves cold fusion and wins the Nobel peace prize in his first year.

I doubt we'll get 30 out of arsenal and certainly not 32. My guess is 25 is their ceiling and they might just offer slightly more upfront so we get into the early twenties.

If they do offer 30, it'll be with insane add ons. 15 up front but 30 if Rammers achieves cold fusion and wins the Nobel peace prize in his first year.

If the Board seriously wish to get us straight back up and demonstrate that they don't drop their shorts as easily as previous SUFC Boards they will stand firm and demand £35m+ (not made up with unrealistic add-ons) :rolleyes:
And if Arsenal don't like it ..... buy Johnstone or Pope instead ;)
Simple ......
UTB & FTP

The chance to triple / quadruple his wages, play European football at some point during his contract, enhance his profile and live in London with all that it offers for those with plenty of clover.

He would be mad not to go IMHO.
Just so he can warm their bench? He should stay with United, and I believe he will. Sorry to disagree but there it is. Not everyone is motivated by money.
I could be biased, because I don’t like London at all . 🤗
My dad was an Arsenal fan and I didn’t like him much either. 😊

Just so he can warm their bench? He should stay with United, and I believe he will. Sorry to disagree but there it is. Not everyone is motivated by money.
I could be biased, because I don’t like London at all . 🤗
My dad was an Arsenal fan and I didn’t like him much either. 😊

Why would Arsenal spend £30m+ on a back up keeper? If they spend that kind of money on him, he’ll be given every opportunity to compete to be number 1.

If they’re after an out and out number 2, they could get a keeper for a lot cheaper!

If a club comes in with an offer of £35 mill + (before add-ons) then I believe the decision will be made for him by our board. However, as I doubt that will be the case, I'd expect that Rammers realises that he has age on his side, especially for a keeper and will be in no rush to move as it has already been stated he wants to make roots here at United at this point in time and on a salary 23 year olds could only dream of. Plus, he knows he can break into the England squad still playing for us. Now if he was 5 years older, I'm sure he would wish to move on to try to get to the highest level in his career and earn mega bucks and who would blame him. Because of this factor of his age, I'm convinced he'll stay for this season.

Hope he goes to Arsenal,dont think he could handle playing infront of our fans,drops his first clanger and then goes to pieces,and daddy Wilder is not here anymore to pat him on the head.

Maybe I’m overthinking here but that clap and wave at the end tonight felt very much like a goodbye clap and a wave.

Back
Top Bottom