A year since we signed Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can remember not so long ago,Blackburn fans saying what a flop Ben Brereton had been for them,but look what happened now.

Worth every penny. At this rate he'll be worth a penny soon..

I cannot for the life of me understand why we didn't insist on a loan with an option to buy for him. He was unproven anyway at Premier league level, and had only played a handful of games for Swansea. If Liverpool had said no, then we should have moved on. For me it was Wilder thinking he was getting one over the big boys (same as Berge), when in actual fact it was them getting one over on him.

At the time Brewster was one of the hottest young English properties in football that’s a fact
Shows how badly we have treated him that he can’t even get on the Pitch

This kid will come good ,i'm convinced of it. Slav says it so it must be true. I honestly believe that when he gets off the mark we will see the lad who burst onto the scene at Swansea.

I think that just reinforces for me how much of a poacher he is. Would seem to make sense with the sounds coming out from the manager and other players that he’s absolutely clinical.

I really think the issue we have is how the team plays. I can’t recall a single chance like his where we have found him within the penalty box from a good delivery or cleaver interplay.

Other stand out thing for me is how many of his goals in the clip come from clever movement from the likes of Ayew dragging a defender away or from a superb ball in from Gallagher.

If we start playing like Slav got Fulham and Watford playing at the top of the pitch and he gets a run of games, he’ll score. I think we need a refresh of midfield and some wingers in to get anywhere near that.

Ched Evans scored goals at this level for Norwich and came through the Manchester City Academy and played in Europe for them...

I get your point I really do but I think we can go up this season, and playing Brewster will more likely take us further away from that possibility rather than closer towards it.

Dont forget Ched was absolute dog shit for the first two seasons

At the time Brewster was one of the hottest young English properties in football that’s a fact
Shows how badly we have treated him that he can’t even get on the Pitch

In it tho!! Everyone always wanting him to do well, to score goals and succeed!

Set o bastards

It's funny that in the film Brewster Millions, Brewster had to get rid of £30 million

With wages we've got rid of almost the same

Thing is Denilson at least helped Betis get promoted back to La Liga, if Brewster's performances were replicated across the team we would be close to League one :(

In the Premier League, Wilder was pinning the tail on the donkey with almost all his signings.

Not one of them are regulars now in the Championship besides Osborn, never mind at the top level which just goes to show how much money we've 🍆💦 away.

Fair enough, but he MUST have something mustn't he ? He's scored at this level before , come through the Liverpool academy (my mate who is a Liverpool supporter said we had a great prospect - at one point they were tagging him the next Robbie Fowler and didn't want him to go ) - and after all we did pay a club record fee of £23.5m on him - doesn't make it right i know but we cant afford just to write him off like other clubs who can afford to take gambles on multi million buys . IMHO until we have given him every opportunity we will never truly know.

I see this season as part of a two / three season rebuild -i`m not expecting promotion or playoffs - so i see us having time to give Brewster & Ollie Mac a sustained try out as a partnership with hopefully Mousett also playing a role (this one highly unlikely i know) and Slav eventually getting the widemen and midfield he wants (selling Berge to help us to do this).

What we got to lose?
Agree. Particularly the second point.

Back
Top Bottom