A year since we signed Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brewster and McBurnie up top against Bournemouth maybe, but doesn't fill me with confidence.

The worst signing in football history, so far and by far.

Kepa for Chelsea is the only one I can think that comes close.
This kid will come good ,i'm convinced of it. Slav says it so it must be true. I honestly believe that when he gets off the mark we will see the lad who burst onto the scene at Swansea.

And hes still a better sub than he is a striker!

"Maybe today's the day"

"Maybe he'll score today"

"Rhian will get 3 today"

I truly want this kid to prove me wrong but how long do we have to keep it up. A lot of Blades complain when he's on the bench and then moan when he gets game time because he just doesn't perform. The lad may very well be a top player but he clearly doesn't fit in with our system.

Surely at this point we're wasting time and potentially his talent. If we aren't going to get him playing to his potential here, get him to a club that will.

A year ago today we finally signed Rhian Brewster after one of the longest transfer sagas in our history. It has not worked out for him yet, but maybe today will be the day for him to score his first league goal?
A year ago !! fucking hell feels like 5 !
Waste of a shirt on the bench !

This kid will come good ,i'm convinced of it. Slav says it so it must be true. I honestly believe that when he gets off the mark we will see the lad who burst onto the scene at Swansea.

He looks great. Shame I’ve not seen a hint of any of the attributes shown in that video. I’m far from a knocker of players but sadly it’s true.

The worst signing in football history, so far and by far.

Kepa for Chelsea is the only one I can think that comes close.
Griezmann, Pjanic etc nearly put Barca out of business
Bebe and Taibi at Man Utd
Ross McCormack to Villa
Torres to Chelsea was a disaster

But Brewster has a chance to go down in history

It certainly feels like that waste exception/a bit of a fluke.

No fans, weak league etc. I feel sorry for him. He'd only played 22 adult games when we signed him. He jyst isn't ready. He needed to go back to Swansea for another year to figure out what sort of player he actually is. Because based on his showingsdor us he has no idea of what's required to play at CF

There isn’t one player in the history of footballer who has been able to prove his worth whilst sat on the bench not one

He needs a run of games in Osbornes position even then he’s out of position

He won’t though and will end up at somewhere like Norwich/Brentford next season and bang 30 goals in the champ

I cannot for the life of me understand why we didn't insist on a loan with an option to buy for him. He was unproven anyway at Premier league level, and had only played a handful of games for Swansea. If Liverpool had said no, then we should have moved on. For me it was Wilder thinking he was getting one over the big boys (same as Berge), when in actual fact it was them getting one over on him.

Griezmann, Pjanic etc nearly put Barca out of business
Bebe and Taibi at Man Utd
Ross McCormack to Villa
Torres to Chelsea was a disaster

But Brewster has a chance to go down in history

Griezmann is a 'good' shout, Torres to Chelsea at least he had some moments, Shevchenko was worse. These are all players at big clubs that can afford for the most part expensive flops.

Relative to what a club has paid for someone and for what they needed to do, I can't think of worse than Brewster.

Griezmann is a 'good' shout, Torres to Chelsea at least he had some moments, Shevchenko was worse. These are all players at big clubs that can afford for the most part expensive flops.

Relative to what a club has paid for someone and for what they needed to do, I can't think of worse than Brewster.
Denilson didn't do much at Betis. Bolasie to Everton. Owen to Newcastle.

But non-injury related, Brewster is a bad one

Denilson didn't do much at Betis. Bolasie to Everton. Owen to Newcastle.

But non-injury related, Brewster is a bad one

Denilson is an 'excellent' shout, I had forgotten about him. Not wanting to quibble with you but Everton and Newcastle could afford those signings to be a failure, relatively speaking. Everton have a huge budget and Newcastle got 30 odd goals out of Owen at least before they went down.

Though we agree, Brewster has been shocking and hard to think of many that come close.

Denilson is an 'excellent' shout, I had forgotten about him. Not wanting to quibble with you but Everton and Newcastle could afford those signings to be a failure, relatively speaking. Everton have a huge budget and Newcastle got 30 odd goals out of Owen at least before they went down.

Though we agree, Brewster has been shocking and hard to think of many that come close.
It'd have to be a promoted/second season team. Jordan Ibe! I knew there was someone

It'd have to be a promoted/second season team. Jordan Ibe! I knew there was someone

I suppose Joelinton might be one if Newcastle go down this year. Ibe was a disaster, still available on a free now I think! Though Bournemouth could afford for him to be a flop so it doesn't make it as bad for them. Put it this way, they didn't get relegated because Ibe. Whilst we got relegated because we blew our budget on Brewster who did nothing, and are still paying for it even now.

Back
Top Bottom