A year since we signed Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There isn’t one player in the history of footballer who has been able to prove his worth whilst sat on the bench not one

He needs a run of games in Osbornes position even then he’s out of position

He won’t though and will end up at somewhere like Norwich/Brentford next season and bang 30 goals in the champ
I agree - he needs a run and a long run - if he doesn't produce or look any good after this then we will all at least have given him every opportunity

I agree - he needs a run and a long run - if he doesn't produce or look any good after this then we will all at least have given him every opportunity

I'd say we need to cut our significant losses now, rather than keep trying to dig ourselves out of a hole.

The more he plays, the more he costs us and not just in appearance fees. His value goes down, he does less for the team etc.

I'd say we need to cut our significant losses now, rather than keep trying to dig ourselves out of a whole.

The more he plays, the more he costs us and not just in appearance fees. His value goes down, he does less for the team etc.
Fair enough, but he MUST have something mustn't he ? He's scored at this level before , come through the Liverpool academy (my mate who is a Liverpool supporter said we had a great prospect - at one point they were tagging him the next Robbie Fowler and didn't want him to go ) - and after all we did pay a club record fee of £23.5m on him - doesn't make it right i know but we cant afford just to write him off like other clubs who can afford to take gambles on multi million buys . IMHO until we have given him every opportunity we will never truly know.

I see this season as part of a two / three season rebuild -i`m not expecting promotion or playoffs - so i see us having time to give Brewster & Ollie Mac a sustained try out as a partnership with hopefully Mousett also playing a role (this one highly unlikely i know) and Slav eventually getting the widemen and midfield he wants (selling Berge to help us to do this).

What we got to lose?

Fair enough, but he MUST have something mustn't he ? He's scored at this level before , come through the Liverpool academy (my mate who is a Liverpool supporter said we had a great prospect - at one point they were tagging him the next Robbie Fowler and didn't want him to go ) - and after all we did pay a club record fee of £23.5m on him - doesn't make it right i know but we cant afford just to write him off like other clubs who can afford to take gambles on multi million buys . IMHO until we have given him every opportunity we will never truly know.

I see this season as part of a two / three season rebuild -i`m not expecting promotion or playoffs - so i see us having time to give Brewster & Ollie Mac a sustained try out as a partnership with hopefully Mousett also playing a role (this one highly unlikely i know) and Slav eventually getting the widemen and midfield he wants (selling Berge to help us to do this).

What we got to lose?

Ched Evans scored goals at this level for Norwich and came through the Manchester City Academy and played in Europe for them...

I get your point I really do but I think we can go up this season, and playing Brewster will more likely take us further away from that possibility rather than closer towards it.

This kid will come good ,i'm convinced of it. Slav says it so it must be true. I honestly believe that when he gets off the mark we will see the lad who burst onto the scene at Swansea.

90% of those goal come within 10 yards of centre of goal he just hasn’t had those sort of chances for us on a regular basis. Right player wrong time, hopefully he gets the chance to show us what he’s about.

Reactions: Gee
Comes to something when Moose by name Moose by appearance can get a game over Brewster. Does Slav not rate or what..? I honestly don’t know what we should do with him.

A Liverpool fan asked me about him the other day and I just didn't know what to say

Issue is, giving him a run of games means someone else misses out

Griezmann, Pjanic etc nearly put Barca out of business
Bebe and Taibi at Man Utd
Ross McCormack to Villa
Torres to Chelsea was a disaster

But Brewster has a chance to go down in history
Off topic I know but Barca have made some absolute shockers. It’s very easy to see why they’re in such a dire financial mess. In addition to the two you mentioned, Dembele and Coutinho signed for a combined £275m, which almost makes Brewster look like a bargain!

Edin Hazard at 130m for Real has been a disaster.
Most of Barca's signings.
Winston Bogarde.
Ahmed Musa
Robert Soldado and Vincent Jansson

There's been loads, just we couldn't afford a record signing flop.

the way things are going for us i think we might as well stick mcburnie and brewster up front in this next run of games personally dont rate either of em but just maybe stick em together and they might just click doubt were going anywhere this season anyway so might be worth a shot

the way things are going for us i think we might as well stick mcburnie and brewster up front in this next run of games personally dont rate either of em but just maybe stick em together and they might just click doubt were going anywhere this season anyway so might be worth a shot

Believe the same approach would also work for Selena Gomez and me. Somebody - please stick us together!

There isn’t one player in the history of footballer who has been able to prove his worth whilst sat on the bench not one

He needs a run of games in Osbornes position even then he’s out of position

He won’t though and will end up at somewhere like Norwich/Brentford next season and bang 30 goals in the champ

Steve Heighway

You look at the footage of him 2 seasons ago & he looks such a natural finisher , you look at his performances now for us and his confidence looks rock bottom. The Preston game I wish Fleck had squared it to him and he puts it away and you think it might get they monkey off his back .
Maybe a loan out somewhere would him the world of good ??
Would love to see the Rhian Brewster in the footage above for us but as things stand he’s only gonna get cameo sub appearances

Think this is where you miss the old Cebtral League for the reserves , it gave fringe or out of form players compete effectively match practice at a good standard . Though U23 football has its merits for the younger players coming through its nowhere near the standard of the old Central League IMO ⚔️

You look at the footage of him 2 seasons ago & he looks such a natural finisher , you look at his performances now for us and his confidence looks rock bottom. The Preston game I wish Fleck had squared it to him and he puts it away and you think it might get they monkey off his back .
Maybe a loan out somewhere would him the world of good ??
Would love to see the Rhian Brewster in the footage above for us but as things stand he’s only gonna get cameo sub appearances

He hasn’t started one game up front as no9 this season or maybe one

It’s utter madness

If he isn’t going to start games loan him out in January send him to forest where Cooper is

He hasn’t started one game up front as no9 this season or maybe one

It’s utter madness

If he isn’t going to start games loan him out in January send him to forest where Cooper is
that could well be where he ends up now coopers in charge

Back
Top Bottom