A trip to Sunderland confirmed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Liverpool blade

Reaction score
Well after today's prem results . It's a trip to the stadium of shite. It's always a good day out though!!. A long journey to Swansea is also on the cards unless they pull off a great escape?.

also they will bring quite a few to the Lane.......

Sunderland has had this coming for years because when 5 managers in recent years have had to perform great escapes to stay up. As i believe sbragia di canio poyet advocat allardyce all provided miracles & theres only so many times you can go to the well. Really they just be greatful for defoe because If it wasnt for him they would have less than 21pts

Actually this might be good thing as the need a clearout

Quite ironic in a way if Swansea do come down (which I think they will). They went up to the PL winning the Play Offs that same season we got relegated to L1, and our last game in the Championship was at their place and they beat us 4-0 and (I think) we fielded Long for the first time that day.

Now we'll likely be playing each other next season after spells in the PL and L1 respectively.

Well im hoping to get to more away games next season, maybe one I may try to get too, but I honestly don't know how hard it will be getting tickets for any away game next season.

Quite ironic in a way if Swansea do come down (which I think they will). They went up to the PL winning the Play Offs that same season we got relegated to L1, and our last game in the Championship was at their place and they beat us 4-0 and (I think) we fielded Long for the first time that day.

Now we'll likely be playing each other next season after spells in the PL and L1 respectively.

I think Long's first outing was at Orient when he came on as sub for our injured goalie. He played a blinder, which just goes to show how first impressions can be deceiving !

I think Long's first outing was at Orient when he came on as sub for our injured goalie. He played a blinder, which just goes to show how first impressions can be deceiving !

We must have played Orient in a Cup game that season then?

Never been a fan of the Mackems in truth.

Like the Pigs with their short memories when it comes to crowds.

In fairness I quite liked Roker Park despite getting pelted with bottles outside when we beat them '91, but considering the empty spaces that day and the crowd figure including about 3500 Blades, you have to laugh when some of their fans like to make out 30k plus crowds have always been the norm for them.

Never forget when they beat us at t'lane 3-0 in the cup when we were flying high under Warnock and they were in some unknown league called Div 1 or something...

Great away day, Sunderland, and not played there since about 2005. Was at Uni there 20 years plus ago so always marked down as an away day next season for me.

Unless the parachute payment shores them up. Oh yeah it will.

Oh yeah, like parachute money is the same as being in the Prem, and like oh yeah this will offload their debt.

OH YEAH.

Sounds daft, but it could be a good thing thing for them going down It's been coming for years and might help them shift some players out. I think they'll go straight back up unfortunately.

Shit hole, plastic fans, plastic stadium, plastic Geordies, fans who believe their own hype and a police force of wankers, it's a no from me.

There are a number of away fixtures next year where we have a poor record historically. Sunderland is one such place.

Our last 3 wins at Sunderland:

I think we've won 2 of the last 39 games there in all competitions.

Back
Top Bottom