A New Era ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mickle-blade

Reaction score
Not that long ago it seemed we were light years ahead of our porcine, truffle hunting chums from S6.
Then we let things slip and they caught up with us a bit (until relegation last season ).
Now that the Co-op Bank have finally, it seems (according to the Mirror) lost patience and appointed an Administrator to oversee the 'last rights' at the rust bucket, let us now kick on and finally get back to being 'light years' ahead of them again.
Come on Mr McCabe..........Do the right thing and back the team. It's not going to cost a lot.:)

SouthYorkshires1.png

:thumbup:

I think, as arrogant as it is, we know that Donny can't sustain it long term. As proven by their chairman having to pay Sharps wages himself.

I think, as arrogant as it is, we know that Donny can't sustain it long term. As proven by their chairman having to pay Sharps wages himself.

They're another one that will end up pushing it too far. They're at their level now and have hit the roof, so should be happy for it and leave it at that.

They're another one that will end up pushing it too far. They're at their level now and have hit the roof, so should be happy for it and leave it at that.

Oh, but the temptation... If they're in with a shout at Chrimbo, Ryan will find it too hard to resist. Promotion = dreamland + all his money back.

Mwahahahaha!! Fools!! Fancy thinking having an altruistic Chairman is a good thing. Where's the foreign investements Ryan you tail?

Really?

I would put them pretty much on a par with Wigan from a "size of club perspective". Surrounded by "bigger clubs", bankrolled by one man, not long out of non league and punching above their weight. Wigan did it and, crucially, survived those first couple of seasons in the top flight. Donny could well do the same.

and Petey, they're bound to finish above your boys because they're in the league above.

Really?

I would put them pretty much on a par with Wigan from a "size of club perspective". Surrounded by "bigger clubs", bankrolled by one man, not long out of non league and punching above their weight. Wigan did it and, crucially, survived those first couple of seasons in the top flight. Donny could well do the same.

I think in most ways, you're right with that, but there is a crucial difference. If/when Wigan tumble, their 'fans' won't give a monkey's. They hadn't had a League side for donkey's years - I *think* Wigan Borough were once a League side way back when - before 1978. Gates were terrible too.

At least Donny had a history of League football, even if it did generally mean bumbling around the bottom two divisions. They only went to the Conference because of Ken Richardson, and lost their fans too. Again, I'll grant you that Donny has its fair share of the 'Leeds Mafia', not to mention us and that lot, but I wouldn't liken them to Wigan. Personally, I see them as more of a Blackpool, without the glory in the 50s.

But then I'm in a really shite mood, and just fancied disagreeing with someone

:D

Not that long ago it seemed we were light years ahead of our porcine, truffle hunting chums from S6.
Then we let things slip and they caught up with us a bit (until relegation last season ).
Now that the Co-op Bank have finally, it seems (according to the Mirror) lost patience and appointed an Administrator to oversee the 'last rights' at the rust bucket, let us now kick on and finally get back to being 'light years' ahead of them again.
Come on Mr McCabe..........Do the right thing and back the team. It's not going to cost a lot.:)
Now is the opportunity for our chairman to get us moving upwards again.
In the Green Un you state that our manage rcould turn out to be as good as Fergie and Wenger now give him the tools to complete the job.
We have had many words and statements over the years since promotion but what is needed now is some more funding please.
UTB
Ps Micke and Kent say lets band together and make our voices heard.

Back
Top Bottom