A message to Brentford fans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It all started to go wrong when they closed Brentford Nylons and formed a club in the mid seventies. I think it was polyester that finally did em ( wankers ) 😎

I always think comments like this, ‘about back in your place’ are just as arrogant as their comments.
Their place is in the Premier League at the moment. They have played their way up there and avoid relegation. They might have a rich owner but their success is more down to the systems and processes that they have in place than the owners money. It’s totally irrelevant how many more years that we have had in the top league compared to them.
Next season we will be in the Championship, as that’s our place with the owners and players that we have and Brentford will still be in their Premier League place.
I can accept it from big clubs that have had shed loads of seasons in the top flight, but from a team enjoying their first spell in the top flight since the 1940s, putting Sheffield United, "back in our place"... nah that doesn't sit right with me. This is coming from a team who have spent 72 seasons in the bottom 2 divisions.

It's all very Wrexhamy

I can accept it from big clubs that have had shed loads of seasons in the top flight, but from a team enjoying their first spell in the top flight since the 1940s, putting Sheffield United, "back in our place"... nah that doesn't sit right with me. This is coming from a team who have spent 72 seasons in the bottom 2 divisions.

It's all very Wrexhamy
I just realised it was me that said “back in your place”…

I’d had a little tipple yesterday 😂

HOWEVER… there’s a few comments in Roy’s view from that is from entitled Brentford fans, so I agree with my pisses up self 😂

A complete 'nothing' club. Nobody's real rivals, no real history or accomplishments of note. A sterile ground and fan base despite being established in the premier league.

They are footballing wallpaper.
"Footballing wallpaper"😆
Classic mate
Anyway Bladulike's told em to flock off.

🤪Coyat's on already👍

We were talking to 6 Spanish lads in the pub next to the ground after the game, who travel to random games all over Europe. they support Espanyol and Barcelona, but say Barca has just become too touristy for them. 2 things they did say, Souza is quite possibly the worst player ever to wear their shirt, they were hoping to laugh at him on Saturday.
And Sheffield United are the most passionate, loudest fans they have seen so far, especially when losing.
Yes well we have lots of experience of losing so we’re well practiced at that part 🤣

As a club we are now clearly not waving but drowning in terms of survival and I wanted to say a couple of things before we disappear beneath the final tidal surge that this league has generated for us.

First up, seriously well done to you as you further establish yourself as a Premiership club. You have achieved what we never came close to this season in terms of coping with the difference in terms of strategy, planning, player quality, management and overall running of the club. I wish we had the same business and footballing acumen that you have clearly achieved over the last couple of years.

Second, I would like to say in relation to your fans’ comments and attitude, both as reported on our website by the legendary Roybgiv and as I heard on leaving the ‘Gtech Stadium’ yesterday I would like to say just f*** off and, when you get there, please just do us the favour of f****ing off again. Don’t get me wrong, I can deal with relegation, God knows I have experienced enough of them over my decades of supporting the Blades but your fans’ attitude really? I mean really?? They say if you sup with the devil, you need a long spoon - it’s a spoon you may end up choking on so just be wary when you deign to say we ‘aren’t worthy’ of being in the same league as you. Of course you should celebrate and even take the p*ss a bit as all fans do but be careful of contracting the Premiership delusion that being in the in the same league as you is an entitlement rather than an earned reward. Otherwise you are in danger of becoming becoming a bunch of jumped up wankers rather than a proper football club

We have indeed been rubbish this season. We have consistently put in a series of embarrassing performances over the year. But we are still Sheffield United and have a history of which we are and always will be proud. More importantly, we will be back. If you are still there, we look forward to meeting you again :)
Bravo

Don't forget Bradley Walsh played for them and until about 7 years ago that was the only thing anyone (apart from BB by us Blades) knew about them I bet half their fookin fans in the ground had never been to Griffin Park. West London wanking nobodies.
Wasn't that Barnet?

I just realised it was me that said “back in your place”…

I’d had a little tipple yesterday 😂

HOWEVER… there’s a few comments in Roy’s view from that is from entitled Brentford fans, so I agree with my pisses up self 😂
This isn’t a criticism of Roysview but he does always get a cross section of opinions with a mix of relatively sensible to down right abusive. Before we cast too many stones there’s plenty of similar sorts of views expressed on here in previous seasons. It’s almost like all teams have fans that say stuff like that or something

That reported price tag is even more ludicrous than the rumoured £150-170m for us.

How much should a well run Premier League club in a premium location with a brand new stadium and decent enough set of players sell for then?

How much should a well run Premier League club in a premium location with a brand new stadium and decent enough set of players sell for then?

A fairly well-run PL club in a decent location but with limited catchment owing to the presence of a multiple-PL and two-time CL winning club within 5 miles and two huge clubs in North London not too far away. Brand new stadium yes but one with the third smallest capacity in the PL. Decent enough players but their talisman is about to leave. £200m (±£25m) for me.

FWIW I'd value United at £125m last summer and about £80-100m now.

Back
Top Bottom