A couple of positives from today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I cant believe the rhetoric coming out of some "fans"
we drew a game , against a side that won 4-2 at chelsea after being 2 down

they snatch a late point due to the pitch decieving Howard
anyone would think we lost 0-5

we must be the first club to secure a play off that has fans demanding the manager go

what expectation levels do some have, its mind boggling
I said some years ago some blades fans would moan if we were 3 games to go top of the prem 9 points clear after just beating chelsea 6-1 some blades would be on radio sheffield moaning about the one we let in
I was 100% spot on ,
we seem to have a few who have caught massive syndrome , from close proximity to the pigs

Bradford lost 6-0 at home in the week, so who was more confident? You move the goal posts china.

lol, didn't they also concede 6 last week at home tho?

Fair result imo

We don't look anywhere near good enough to win the play-offs imho

The fans are a bit too negative, on that we agree. But I'm starting to think you're on a wind up regarding the rest of your posts.

There is some reason for the negativity though, you know. We are the footballing equivalent of watching paint dry.

UTB

The fans are a bit too negative, on that we agree. But I'm starting to think you're on a wind up regarding the rest of your posts.

There is some reason for the negativity though, you know. We are the footballing equivalent of watching paint dry.

UTB
Again what do you expect , swindon fans will be the same
bournemouth blew a late lead , its the pressure stops the football
not just us
theres the odd good day by them all
but like us they feel it

Thought we played extremely well today. 10/10 in all departments we pressed their back 4 constantly making them panic and make mistakes. We were effective through the centre and down both flanks and the defence looked rock solid. Can't see any of the substitutes making more than a cameo appearance in any of the 2 or 3 play off games. On this form I can see the play offs as a walk into the park ending on the championship. Well done lads and excellent tactics and team choice Mr C. :):):):):):)

Going up going up going uppppppppp

Edit forgot to mention the fans. Shame they don't turn up in more numbers to witness this high level of commitment from a professional squad of players. Shame on you.

not just us
but like us they feel it

Truth in some part of that but are you honestly saying on looking at how we are playing right now we look like we would win a play off?

I want to be wrong but we just don't click often enough to inspire me.

Truly pathetic.

Yes you are, I,expect you think it has been a terrific season and that was another thrilling hard earned point today. Clough is driving fans away, see posts on this thread for confirmation, the sooner the über clappers realise this the sooner the board might and we may not waste another season going nowhere next year.

not just us
but like us they feel it
Watching us play is boring as fuck. Warnock's football, for example, was far more exciting.

You seem to be suggesting that entertaining the fans is an almost impossible act.

UTB

Thought we played extremely well today. 10/10 in all departments we pressed their back 4 constantly making them panic and make mistakes. We were effective through the centre and down both flanks and the defence looked rock solid. Can't see any of the substitutes making more than a cameo appearance in any of the 2 or 3 play off games. On this form I can see the play offs as a walk into the park ending on the championship. Well done lads and excellent tactics and team choice Mr C. :):):):):):)

Going up going up going uppppppppp

Edit forgot to mention the fans. Shame they don't turn up in more numbers to witness this high level of commitment from a professional squad of players. Shame on you.
Stop copying Deadly_D'Jaffo !

under achieved

under achieved ,,,, how
we finished reasonably well , but had some cracking loan players , we started well short of players as our targets were unavailable to us

we missed the play offs last season , we made it this without several players till january

cotteril had nothing like the circumstances
they needed 8 players and got them
weve had to start from scratch and brought in more than double as we had a much worse squad, but couldnt get key players till january so they got 6 months start
Yer talking shit again tut tut tut. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: the other day you was spouting Cotterill had the players in place last season until I proved otherwise now you saying he needed them and got them make yer mind up and stop with the gibberish.

Negative Nigel at his worst today. Bored shitless as usual in the 1st half. Scored and then we just sat back. Even at the end against 10 men we pulled every single man back. Shocking.

Loud boos at HT and FT.
Even with ten men? That would be for the five minutes of time added on!

Even with ten men? That would be for the five minutes of time added on!
You are right. I am being too harsh. It was yet another feast of exciting attacking football from Nige. Strange - but I did not hear a single positive comment in the ground or leaving it after the final whistle. Blades fans eh?

we should be praising a manager for getting a team from bottom in 18 months to a play off spot

No, we shoudn't.

Clough did a brilliant job last season in rescuing us after the disaster that was David Weir, you can't deny that. He then had all summer and and has assembled what can only be described as his squad, and we're miles off the top two. I assume our wage bill is the highest in the league too. Unless we win the play-offs this season can only be described as a failure.

You are right. I am being too harsh. It was yet another feast of exciting attacking football from Nige. Strange - but I did not hear a single positive comment in the ground or leaving it after the final whistle. Blades fans eh?
Did I say it was? You like twisting facts to suit your point don't you!

I thought that the game today was one of the more interesting ones. I didn't think it was boring at all.

They didn't deserve to lose although at one nil with ten to play we should have won.
Hang on guys. Was it interesting or boring? I wish you lot would make yer minds up. :)

Isn't a positive that clough didn't look to just preserve a 1-0 like so many have criticised him for but he brought on an attacking player to create a second...

Adams was positive and attacked whenever he could...

But then we concede a sloppy equaliser again

Isn't a positive that clough didn't look to just preserve a 1-0 like so many have criticised him for but he brought on an attacking player to create a second...

Adams was positive and attacked whenever he could...

But then we concede a sloppy equaliser again

Maybe I am being overly harsh, but I thought Howard's reaction time was poor yet again, that was a weak shot that bobbled in. The second goal last week at Oldham was the same,

I did say last season we needed better than Howard, yes he was an improvement on Long but still not good enough. Maybe we have been spoilt over the last 20 years or so for keepers but still we could have done better.

Maybe I am being overly harsh, but I thought Howard's reaction time was poor yet again, that was a weak shot that bobbled in. The second goal last week at Oldham was the same,

I no it sounds daft , but i said the same , and does he actually need new contact lenses , as his judgement seems to be at a kilter .

UTB

Howard never seems to save anything hit either side of him anymore. He's only getting a game for me because Judd's confidence is shot and Dangerous Iain is even worse.

Well I'm having a tenner on SU to win the playoff final, and I would wager NC will still be the manager next season, back the team, back the manager but most of all back each other.

Yes you are, I,expect you think it has been a terrific season and that was another thrilling hard earned point today. Clough is driving fans away, see posts on this thread for confirmation, the sooner the über clappers realise this the sooner the board might and we may not waste another season going nowhere next year.

Clough is driving some fans away. Some are turning up to watch football they like.

Myself and Foulkes Jr Sr have already renewed for next season and are looking forward to it in Division 3 or Division 2.

UTB

Watching us play is boring as fuck. Warnock's football, for example, was far more exciting.

You seem to be suggesting that entertaining the fans is an almost impossible act.

UTB

Again some fans.

There was one clear instance today when the ball was played forwards too early for Davies. It was simply the wrong choice to a player outnumbered and outpositioned but it seemed pretty clear to us whoever played it forward had done so bc they were being urged on by some vocal elements of the crowd.

Of course we lost possession.

Back
Top Bottom