Better side won but

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't think we'll be relegated on goal difference.

I realise that statement could be taken two ways, but even with scratch sides we've managed to stay in games right to the end.

I don't think any of us complain about how much effort they've put in to these games, which is all any fan can really ask for.

On another day man city would of won 6 nill, so I'm happy with the result, its a shame once we drew level we defended like a Sunday league team , utb

We have to do better when we have the ball. Lots of aimless kicks.
We are better than that, we just didn’t try and keep it and instead just launched hopefull long passes.

It has to improve.

Expected the loss today when we levelled it you knew what would happen next and so it was. As for the officiating, one sided and we know it.

We have to do better when we have the ball. Lots of aimless kicks.
We are better than that, we just didn’t try and keep it and instead just launched hopefull long passes.

It has to improve.
They were shattered. Playing against possibly best team in the world your summary is harsh. Heckys plan was to hold out til late then give it a go. We gave them a scare that is absolutely all you can ask for - Anel nearly gave us a point. We were no disgrace at all. Loads and loads of positives.

Is this one of those 'populist posts' I've heard about?

I’m proud of my team today. Never gave up against a much better side. Defended well the majority of the time. Could have nicked a point in the end. Lots of positives from the game

Played 100 times better than we did at Wembley.

With that ref and City's quality to go up a gear it was a tall order to get the draw.

Today was about performance rather than result

Up against the best team in the world, we lose 2-1
meanwhile media darlings go down 3-1 against Villa
3 opening games lost by the odd goal

Get these players operating as a unit with Archer - fuckin hell if we add in McAtee, Pellestri, and Doyle and this team has the energy to finish mid table

As a minor criticism for me Hecky should've made his first subs earlier. In the first half City had 15 shots on goal. By the time they scored the opener they had already had 11 shots in just 15 minutes.

Our players did well repelling the constant waves of attacks, but it will become mentally draining having to concentrate to that level for so long, particularly with City pushing harder from the get go in the second half.

Hecky has always made subs in reaction to incidents rather than to prevent them. He often did this last season where teams were applying pressure to us and were looking likely to score. Hecky wouldn't make subs until after they'd scored by which point it was too late. It's always been the main area that I'd like him to change and improve. I honestly believe that if he'd made subs 5 minutes before the opening goal, we'd have held out for a 0-0. That said when we had to attack to get an equaliser and brought McBurnie on we had 6 attempts on goal, leaving us pondering what might have been if we'd just have done that from the start and showed no fear instead of too much respect.

We couldve got something from that, and I think we gave Citeh a scare today, they were expecting an easy game and we gave them a battle!!
Larouci puts that ball into John Street, then we couldve drawn or even carried on our pressure and nicked it!
But was a fantastic performance from a disjointed team!
Well done Blades, well done Hecky and co, and well done to the fans, great atmosphere today too!!👏👏

As a minor criticism for me Hecky should've made his first subs earlier. In the first half City had 15 shots on goal. By the time they scored the opener they had already had 11 shots in just 15 minutes.

Our players did well repelling the constant waves of attacks, but it will become mentally draining having to concentrate to that level for so long, particularly with City pushing harder from the get go in the second half.

Hecky has always made subs in reaction to incidents rather than to prevent them. He often did this last season where teams were applying pressure to us and were looking likely to score. Hecky wouldn't make subs until after they'd scored by which point it was too late. It's always been the main area that I'd like him to change and improve. I honestly believe that if he'd made subs 5 minutes before the opening goal, we'd have held out for a 0-0. That said when we had to attack to get an equaliser and brought McBurnie on we had 6 attempts on goal, leaving us pondering what might have been if we'd just have done that from the start and showed no fear instead of too much respect.
More likely that he thought the subs only had so much game time in them and didn't want to risk reinjuring them

I don't think we'll be relegated on goal difference.

I realise that statement could be taken two ways, but even with scratch sides we've managed to stay in games right to the end.

I don't think any of us complain about how much effort they've put in to these games, which is all any fan can really ask for.

I’m still permanently scarred by what happened 16 years ago.

Not getting humped in these games is an absolute blessing.

Back
Top Bottom