72 hours ago

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many of the mentioned before deadline day

Votes: 17 9.1%

Votes: 34 18.3%

Votes: 75 40.3%

Votes: 60 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

There's no way we don't sign defensive cover. We have too many issues with the wing backs on both sides, Anel likely missing games, and even Egan's form

Holgate would have been extremely suitable but I'd take McNair too

1. Archer
2. McAtee
3. Balde
4. McNair

👀 👀 🤫
I’m not ITK, but my daughter went to Belfast last weekend drinking with her friends and they bumped into Paddy McNair. They were telling him who they supported, which was a mix of Leeds, Pigs and my daughter - a blade. McNair said he didn’t like Wednesday but liked Leeds and Sheff Utd and said to them watch this space, wink wink. When my daughter told me I just laughed thinking we didn’t need another CB.
So make of that what you will.

I’m not ITK, but my daughter went to Belfast last weekend drinking with her friends and they bumped into Paddy McNair. They were telling him who they supported, which was a mix of Leeds, Pigs and my daughter - a blade. McNair said he didn’t like Wednesday but liked Leeds and Sheff Utd and said to them watch this space, wink wink. When my daughter told me I just laughed thinking we didn’t need another CB.
He’s off to Leeds then😉

Maybe there are other “Paddy McNairs” in Belfast. Did they spot the one who plays football ?

Pretty confident the plan is 1 permanent + 2 loans, so that would be 3 quality players coming in.

Still expect it to happen, the problem is.....we might not get our 1st choice loan targets and might be forced to go for the 2nd choice loan targets.

Archer and 2 domestic loans, I also think they’ll be a deadline day money signing, maybe Balde Or Doyle, would love both though.

Archer and 2 domestic loans, I also think they’ll be a deadline day money signing, maybe Balde Or Doyle, would love both though.
How are you fitting them in, assuming the loans?
Do you think we’d spent a huge investment in Doyle for him to sit on the bench? If not Doyle who are you benching surely not the loans?

I just don’t see how we can make the numbers work on a Doyle signing, both in terms of fee and wages. It’s the kind of signing that I feel could screw us over if we don’t stay up and I’m not sure he’s worth that gamble. For all the talk that has gone on over the Brewster transfer, Wilder at least clearly thought that his signing would be pretty transformative, or keep us up basically. We know that’s not Doyle as we’ve seen him play for us.

How are you fitting them in, assuming the loans?
Do you think we’d spent a huge investment in Doyle for him to sit on the bench? If not Doyle who are you benching surely not the loans?
Might be some outgoings of course, Max Lowe, Adam Davies being two possible ones. Frees up the roster a bit.

I would expect 2 PL loans and possibly 1 perm.

Maybe even a sale or two.

Will still get the usual unresearched nonsense from so called experts that we've brought noone in and sold our 2 best players.

Do we even need 2 attacking midfielders? I think just McAtee would do. Especially if Balde is signing

If I had to whittle it down to 2 I'd go for McAtee and a LWB (Maouassa)

There's no way we don't sign defensive cover. We have too many issues with the wing backs on both sides, Anel likely missing games, and even Egan's form

Holgate would have been extremely suitable but I'd take McNair too
Anel's not injured also is he!? He looked fit yesterday! I'm assuming it's inevitable he will end up missing some at some point, in which case Bash would be in. We need someone who can play in more than one position I'd say, like Trusty has also played left back as well as centre half. Can McNair play RWB for example also?

Anel's not injured also is he!? He looked fit yesterday! I'm assuming it's inevitable he will end up missing some at some point, in which case Bash would be in. We need someone who can play in more than one position I'd say, like Trusty has also played left back as well as centre half. Can McNair play RWB for example also?
McNair can play RWB. Might be a push at PL level, but he can

Anel missed a lot of games last season, I expect him to miss games again, at least through suspension, and I don't think we can really get away with Bash there. Baldock maybe, but he'll be needed at RWB because you have to assume Bogle will be injured

Back
Top Bottom