7 figure bid

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm going to have a pop and say it's Sebaoui or Radic from Beerschot.

As money staying within united world, possibly why flexible on spending.

Anel 😮 - Bosnian International Centre back, was on loan at Bordeaux from Malmo who had the option to buy him but have just been relegated two leagues….we were linked with him in January so could be going in again? 😯

Anel Ahmedhodžić, 23, and 6ft 5. If its true that we bid for Bolton's CB (also 6ft 5 ish), then its a great shout and follows the pattern of us looking for more height at the back, which we need.

My first thought was Hickey at Bologna but looked him up and he’s a LB and his previous club was Hearts so there’s no chance it’s him.

Hickey is meant to be a great player with a big future. Not a chance we could afford him.

EDIT - SufcBilly post above seems to agree with me 🤣

"Had a good conversation yesterday on whether we could push and press on others. We're looking to get on with things."

I find that a bit odd? I would've thought that conversation would've been had prior to the window opening not two weeks in? All this about getting job done early and we're pressing on others starting now?

Hecky wants six players.... We have reached out to two. Training started yesterday. I don't get it.
His six would include youngsters who were not in the squad last year, either because they were out on loan or not then good enough. They will be training with us already.

"A good conversation" stinks of 'we are hoping that a player accepts us if they can't get better elsewhere'.

It doesn't bother me that we are skint, it's the naivety of Bettis trying to convince players who are out of our reach because they represent a bargain. His comment about "we can get a 70k a week player on a loan" is downright stupid - Newsflash SB - Nobody on £70k a week in the PL really wants to be at Bramall Lane.

If our Execs had any gumption they'd look at Huddersfield Town. They were in a similar position to us - relegation, had to clear the decks, free up some budget, signed a few players from leagues below, a couple of well scouted loans and if it wasn't for bad refereeing in the PO final it almost paid off for them. Last month they signed Will Boyle; a 25 year old, 6ft 5", set-piece scoring LCB from Cheltenham on a free transfer which ticks every box of what we are lacking.

In the meantime, we hold out for lost causes. Did our esteemed Execs learn nothing last summer?

Whilst ever this shitshow ownership is in situ the recruitment will continue to be haphazard and the Manager will be hamstrung.

Our only hope is that Hecky can make do and pull a promotion rabbit out of the hat.

His six would include youngsters who were not in the squad last year, either because they were out on loan or not then good enough. They will be training with us already.
Thats a concern, I don't see any players in our youth teams I wouldn't rather be on loan in L1/L2 than be with the first team. Its never good to rely on a player who is not ready, I feel like we did that in L1 with Reed/Kennedy/Long and didn't get great results.

Thats a concern, I don't see any players in our youth teams I wouldn't rather be on loan in L1/L2 than be with the first team. Its never good to rely on a player who is not ready, I feel like we did that in L1 with Reed/Kennedy/Long and didn't get great results.
Just because they start the season in a squad of 23 we don’t need to be relying on them at the start or indeed at all. Our first season in the Premiership rarely if at all used the whole squad.
More experienced players would not come to fulfil that role

"A good conversation" stinks of 'we are hoping that a player accepts us if they can't get better elsewhere'.

It doesn't bother me that we are skint, it's the naivety of Bettis trying to convince players who are out of our reach because they represent a bargain. His comment about "we can get a 70k a week player on a loan" is downright stupid - Newsflash SB - Nobody on £70k a week in the PL really wants to be at Bramall Lane.

If our Execs had any gumption they'd look at Huddersfield Town. They were in a similar position to us - relegation, had to clear the decks, free up some budget, signed a few players from leagues below, a couple of well scouted loans and if it wasn't for bad refereeing in the PO final it almost paid off for them. Last month they signed Will Boyle; a 25 year old, 6ft 5", set-piece scoring LCB from Cheltenham on a free transfer which ticks every box of what we are lacking.

In the meantime, we hold out for lost causes. Did our esteemed Execs learn nothing last summer?

Whilst ever this shitshow ownership is in situ the recruitment will continue to be haphazard and the Manager will be hamstrung.

Our only hope is that Hecky can make do and pull a promotion rabbit out of the hat.
It’s also Leigh Bromby who is in charge of recruitment for Huddersfield and he was the one who spotted Corberan and got him in as manager. Wonder if we could tempt him back to the Lane?

It’s also Leigh Bromby who is in charge of recruitment for Huddersfield and he was the one who spotted Corberan and got him in as manager. Wonder if we could tempt him back to the Lane?

We'd have a good conversation trying.

I'm going to have a pop and say it's Sebaoui or Radic from Beerschot.

As money staying within united world, possibly why flexible on spending.
& i'll have a pop & say this 7 figure sum they're going on about is more around the £1m mark - No where near the £9.99m some might think it possibly could be.

Back
Top Bottom