7 figure bid

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah I was about to ask does that mean that they have to match our bid?

Also can we continue to have discussions with the players representatives if we have permission to do so from arsenal?

In theory yes, or there'd have been an amount agreed during the loan contract (ie option to buy for £1m). Either way, I imagine it will either expire at the end of the month, or a set number of days after our initial bid was placed/accepted.

I'm with Mouth of the South - I'm pretty surprised we're bidding £1m+ for a player, I'd be very surprised if Millwall did.

In theory yes, or there'd have been an amount agreed during the loan contract (ie option to buy for £1m). Either way, I imagine it will either expire at the end of the month, or a set number of days after our initial bid was placed/accepted.

I'm with Mouth of the South - I'm pretty surprised we're bidding £1m+ for a player, I'd be very surprised if Millwall did.
Cheers Bill hopefully it is Ballard and we can get it over the line as he ticks a lot of boxes in terms of players we’ve looked at previously.

Cheers Bill hopefully it is Ballard and we can get it over the line as he ticks a lot of boxes in terms of players we’ve looked at previously.

I'm intrigued that its in defence we're spending. Whilst we clearly need some reinforcement there, I assumed we'd be keeping JLT/Egan/Bash as our main 3 and just buying back up/cover, whilst developing Gordon and Lokata. If we're spending £1m+ on someone, it's not for them to sit on the bench.

So Ballard would play... LCB instead of Robinson?

Or are we selling Egan to play him middle of the 3?

Or is Ballard a (logical) guess?!

If we're spending a million or two on a CB, then we must have money to spend on Attacking Midfielders as well.

So Ballard would play... LCB instead of Robinson?

Or are we selling Egan to play him middle of the 3?

Or is Ballard a (logical) guess?!

If we're spending a million or two on a CB, then we must have money to spend on Attacking Midfielders as well.
Its not Ballard.

We went in for the RCB at Bolton (6ft 7 lad?), but couldn’t agree terms and he signed a new deal down there instead. Source rock solid on that.

We’ve obviously been looking for an RCB as well as other positions.
That's interesting. So we were offering wages akin to a backup/youngster presumably. Which makes more sense than paying a 7 figure sum for backup to Basham or Egan.

We might sell Egan tbf. I'm not advocating it, but we might.

Maybe its Ben Davies? We have first refusal, but someone has bid more??
We didn't have a option to buy with him did we? I'm sure I'm remember reading that.
Plus, the way I interpreted the news today it sounded like it was a player who's been playing at another club.

Could be completely wrong though.
Lad at Millwall sounds more likely.

I'm intrigued that its in defence we're spending. Whilst we clearly need some reinforcement there, I assumed we'd be keeping JLT/Egan/Bash as our main 3 and just buying back up/cover, whilst developing Gordon and Lokata. If we're spending £1m+ on someone, it's not for them to sit on the bench.
I think Basham’s injury might’ve opened our eyes last year he missed significant time and we couldn’t find a replacement to give us that type of output. Bash has been an Ironman whilst he’s been here but as he ages it’s likely that he’ll start to pick up those niggley injuries and they’ll last longer. I could see us bringing someone in then split the work load with him and then ultimately take the starting role in a year or two. If Bash stays here till he hangs them up then it’s likely he’ll move backwards into a support role so for me it’s time to find that next player up to compete/cover in the first place and ultimately to be his successor.

Whilst we might see Gordon as being a future starter for us the Uremovic and Goode signings suggest we’re not comfortable with that right now.

We didn't have a option to buy with him did we? I'm sure I'm remember reading that.
Plus, the way I interpreted the news today it sounded like it was a player who's been playing at another club.

Could be completely wrong though.
Lad at Millwall sounds more likely.
"Dry loan"? I remember the term being used quite a bit last year (Olsen especially...phew)

If we have millions to spend I’d rather we spent them on getting Twine. We may well be looking at both, but I know how slow our recruitment team work and suspect one deal at a time 😂

If we’re going through the season without suitable cover for the back 3 we’re fucked. You need 5 capable centre halves, minimum. We have 3, with a big question mark over 2 young ens and Enda Steven’s. Not adequate.

We need to reinforce there, in midfield, and upfront. Wing back and in goal are the only positions I’d say we don’t need anyone in.

If we’re going through the season without suitable cover for the back 3 we’re fucked. You need 5 capable centre halves, minimum. We have 3, with a big question mark over 2 young ens and Enda Steven’s. Not adequate.

We need to reinforce there, in midfield, and upfront. Wing back and in goal are the only positions I’d say we don’t need anyone in.

My point entirely, I'm just surprised we're spending a large portion of our resource there. I wonder if we can insinuate that we're entertaining offers for Egan.

My point entirely, I'm just surprised we're spending a large portion of our resource there. I wonder if we can insinuate that we're entertaining offers for Egan.
I doubt we’d turn down any offers for Egan but I don’t think at the same time we’d be looking at a 22 year old to marshal central defence. But I’ve been wrong before 😊

Back
Top Bottom