7 figure bid

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Egan plays LCB for Ireland. Maybe that's the plan?

Egan plays LCB for Ireland. Maybe that's the plan?

Isn't that in 2 tho?

Wide CBs in a 3 spend a lot of their time wide of, or close to, the 18 yard box on the 1/2 turn so very different type of defending. Not sure I could be confident that would suit him if that was ever a plan (although could be wrong).

Isn't that in 2 tho?

Wide CBs in a 3 spend a lot of their time wide of, or close to, the 18 yard box on the 1/2 turn so very different type of defending. Not sure I could be confident that would suit him if that was ever a plan (although could be wrong).
I thought they played with a back 3.

At CB last few games of the season Bash was costing us a goal per game with huge positional errors. A bit like JLT was at the start of the season. Egan had a dodgy spell post Christmas and kept falling over and passing to the opposition. None of them score enough. Question marks over all 3 of them for me. None of them dominate in the air and they are all vulnerable to pace on the turn. Whats the crack with JOC he's far and away our best CB, it can't be long before he calls time on it, don't we need to decide on that? I dont think 3 CBs really works without him....

I think we might both be right here... 😂

Just looked back and some are a back 4, some listed as a 3. Interestingly Egan's listed as LCB, CB and RCB in 3 consequtive games.
I think overlapping CBs are things of the past. He does like a gallop forward though.

My first thoughts were it'll be Ballard like most have guessed on here. I do think we should be signing at least one permanent player this summer, whether that's free or a transfer fee. Ballard would be a decent signing and some intention of ambition for the top two.

Well we will all be surprised when this turns out to be a full international from any of the following nations

Scotland
Wales
Northern Ireland
Republic of Ireland

And yes agree with the above-mentioned it will be someone who has been on loan at another club and they had the option to turn that loan into a permanent deal. which means we are essentially wait to see if Millwall either want or can afford him

Seven figures? I assume they have included the pence.
Nah, the 'seven figures' will be far more tinpot than that...

We've offered our 7 best action figures:
Action Man
Hulk
He-man
Cyclops from X-Men
The Red Power Ranger
Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog
Buzz Lightyear.

Last edited:
At CB last few games of the season Bash was costing us a goal per game with huge positional errors. A bit like JLT was at the start of the season. Egan had a dodgy spell post Christmas and kept falling over and passing to the opposition. None of them score enough. Question marks over all 3 of them for me. None of them dominate in the air and they are all vulnerable to pace on the turn. Whats the crack with JOC he's far and away our best CB, it can't be long before he calls time on it, don't we need to decide on that? I dont think 3 CBs really works without him....
The headers at either end are the only issue.

The squad is very much still built for 3 at the back. Including to backup Norwood who'll still be a key cog next season.

It's Troy Parrot, it's Troy Parrot.
It is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!

It is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!
Well it's never the chants you expect that catch on...

Alot was talked about doing our business early. I think we can still class right now as being early for deals to be fair.
However this time in 2-3 weeks if we've not made at least 2 new signings ideally more we can be saying that we haven't succeeded at getting business done early.

I do get that transfers are like dominos. Often when more movement is happening at the top clubs it has a trickle down effect as players are then replaced from who they have lost.
However not all transfers work this way and interestingly when Slav got frustrated last season we say us being in 4 new signings. Yes they were loans etc. But none the less we seemed to up the ante.

Alot was talked about doing our business early. I think we can still class right now as being early for deals to be fair.
However this time in 2-3 weeks if we've not made at least 2 new signings ideally more we can be saying that we haven't succeeded at getting business done early.

I do get that transfers are like dominos. Often when more movement is happening at the top clubs it has a trickle down effect as players are then replaced from who they have lost.
However not all transfers work this way and interestingly when Slav got frustrated last season we say us being in 4 new signings. Yes they were loans etc. But none the less we seemed to up the ante.
Don't know why this expectation gets trapsed out every summer. It isn't realistic and there are no prizes for assembling your squad first though this is better than starting the season with an incomplete squad.

Unless you're the biggest club in the pile, you are waiting on other dominos to fall before you clearly know who will be available.

Going extremely early in all likelihood is going to deprive you of good players who only become available later in the window. Yes you could miss out on some who are free to move early but there has to be some balance.

We still have a decent core. This issue will come next year when some key players are out of contract and we could be looking to replace some of the team's spine. Ideally this gets addressed before next summer because you don't want to be scratching around last minute for key starters.

Back
Top Bottom