6769 at Madjeski Stadium

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
It must be their lowest league crowd at their ground. Bad weather but I'm surprised it is so low. They can't include season ticket holders surely!

Can't be right surely? They're averaging 17k

Reading are a league 1/2 club that have overachieved since the early 2000s leading to bigger attendances ... They used to average about 3 to 6 thousand between mid 70s and late 90s ... Fair enough they have a much bigger ground these days though

730 Blades on the away end.

Its Readings lowest league attendance since 18/12/1999 when 6223 watched a 2-2 draw v Wrexham. 409 games ago.

I assume Reading don’t include season tickets where as at most other clubs season ticket holders are automatically included.

It must be the lowest crowd in the Championship this season, not including Burton Albion (if that makes sense).

Bad weather or not if the game was at the Lane tonight there would still have been over 20k there

Thought it looked empty on the stream but if that figure is true it’s even more embarrassing that they name their fans in the subs bench hahah

28280091_1677389942347820_6697038947538962796_n.jpg

Didn't realise the "13" next to the Reading fans meant how many were at the game :D:D

28280091_1677389942347820_6697038947538962796_n.jpg

Didn't realise the "13" next to the Reading fans meant how many were at the game :D:D

The whole number 12 being retired and dedicated to fans makes me cringe.. but what the significance with 13?? Also not as if Reading Fans are a known noisy bunch who attended in large numbers? Proper odd and proper plastic.. bit like the stadium and the club

Even when getting smashed and effectively game over at 1-3, their fans were persisting with the ironic cheers following a poor pass or sloppy control from one of our lads, the kind you normally hear when that set of fans' team is in control and the game is winding down to an inevitable win. Odd club, always thought so.

I remember going to Elm Park in the 80s and there was about 4k there.

We lost 1-0 in a shite game :(

I remember being stood behind the goal at Elm Park when they had a young Shaka Hislop playing for them.
He was the man of the match and made loads of fantastic saves, think we lost.
They always had gates of 5,000 and were a similiar sized club (maybe a bit smaller) than their big rivals Oxford United.

Reading ..................... the original plastic fans, always were a scummy little division 3 outfit until they got their sugar daddy.

So so true, they are the original plastic club.
If they go down to league 1, their hardcore support will be back down to about 6000 or so.

Back
Top Bottom