6769 at Madjeski Stadium

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We should've scored more goals than they had fans.

I remember going to Elm Park in the 80s and there was about 4k there.

We lost 1-0 in a shite game :(
I remember that game 80-81 season for some strange reason their fans were singing Chelsea at times..we were proper shite that season..obviously..as we ended up in the 4th div

Elm Park was a bit of a dump like a lot of grounds at the time but it did have some character and some pubs near by. Talking of characters Steve Death and Wayne Wanklyn wouldn’t be allowed to play for them these days for marketing reasons - negative brand image don’t you know.:eek:

I remember that game 80-81 season for some strange reason their fans were singing Chelsea at times..we were proper shite that season..obviously..as we ended up in the 4th div
The Shaka FlipFlop game was late 80s, under Basset we went down to the 3rd division, lost 2-1

upload_2018-2-28_7-54-29.png

The went back there early next Season and did em 3 - 1

Elm Park was a bit of a dump like a lot of grounds at the time but it did have some character and some pubs near by. Talking of characters Steve Death and Wayne Wanklyn wouldn’t be allowed to play for them these days for marketing reasons - negative brand image don’t you know.:eek:

Steve De'ath, you mean?
Biscuit Men 'Keeper.
(They weren't called "The Royales" then)

The highlight of that game, for me, was getting hold of the ball after a Colin Morris run and cross ended in a goal kick.
(only one ball in those days - the spare was usually with the home team dug out)
Steve Death was at the edge of his area looking up field and talking to some of his defenders and it was my task to throw the ball back.
I had the notion to aim for the back of Death's head so bowled the ball out, overarm, in his direction.
It was all looking sweet and as the ball reached him I was sure it was going to land on its mark.
Just as it reached the potential point of impact Steve Death turned around - but the ball just missed the top of his head whilst he was on the turn.
The ball ended up behind him but Death didn't realise that and was asking for the ball back.
Proper pantomime moment, "it's behind you"

Pretty sure that Wayne would have been Wanklyn behind him ....

Hmmm. So where do you live correctly punctuated namesake? I can already guess it's somewhere in North Somerset
Correctly punctuated maybe, but like you appears to be unable to use capital letters correctly. Maybe it is a North Somerset thing.

Back
Top Bottom