4th Round Draw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The draw for the Emirates FA Cup fourth round will be broadcast by ITV1 on Monday 8 January.

It will take place at approximately 7.50pm in the build-up to Wigan Athletic versus Manchester United.

the elephant in the room of the draw, are Wednesday espically with the luck they've had 1st half. i had a look & interestingly the last steel city fa cup tie to be played in sheffield was march 1960 & we've only been drawn together to play at lane or Hillsborough 4 times in the last century 1925 1928 1954 & 1960

Yeah, too right. But a nice easy road trip would be nice. The big Mancs would give us 9k, with only 25k LP’s it’ll be rare chance to get away this season.

Rare? I have the same points as you and I've been able to get to 6/10 aways, and hit on the ballot in two of the other four. If you've got work commitments or money issues, then fair enough, but if I went to all the aways I could get to I'd only have missed Forest and Burnley

Rare? I have the same points as you and I've been able to get to 6/10 aways, and hit on the ballot in two of the other four. If you've got work commitments or money issues, then fair enough, but if I went to all the aways I could get to I'd only have missed Forest and Burnley
Managed Villa, but I mean’t easier.

the elephant in the room of the draw, are Wednesday espically with the luck they've had 1st half. i had a look & interestingly the last steel city fa cup tie to be played in sheffield was march 1960 & we've only been drawn together to play at lane or Hillsborough 4 times in the last century 1925 1928 1954 & 1960
wednesday were battered in that quarter final at the lane had 2 shots and won the game 2 - 0

We would have played them at Hillsborough in 1987 had we got past West Ham in Round 4 (We lost 4-0 at Upton Park).

We also drew them at home in 2013-14 in the quarter final, but they lost at home to Charlton.
Oh yes I forgot about that. I remember the debate on twitter as to whether we wanted them to win. I also remember the official SWFC Twitter announcing who they'd play in the next round and Charlton replying "We'll see about that".

Back
Top Bottom