4th Round Draw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What a fantastic, intriguing draw.

I’ve watched the whole of the ‘This is Wrexham’ series and as a result of that and us riding high in the Championship there will be some excellent coverage. It’s bound to be televised too with them being at home so there will be some reasonable tv money into the mix.

Yes there will be some stupid all Prem plain vanilla choices, as if we don’t have enough chance to see Chelsea or Man City vs Arsenal FFS but I reckon there is enough intrigue to get us picked.

It’s a ground many will not have had a chance to attend as well or not for some time.

It’s certainly not the beige sort of draw we got with Millwall away or Wednesday have with same division Fleetwood at home.

Add in the fact that, with all due respect to them, a team in the top two of the à championship has to fancy beating a team in the top two of the National League.

Really chuffed that it’s such a different and interesting one that we haven’t had for some time.
To add to the intrigue their assistant manager is a Blade

There’s a fair chance we’ll be promoted, or very close to it, by the time the rearranged fixtures come round.
This fixture pile up is all the more reason to put everything into these next 4 or 5 games. Could really do with that buffer because after this little run the next 10 or so are hard enough anyway

Who remembers the Football league trophy games there in the 80s?
Went to the group game, then we drew them in the knockout
Game was called off on arriving 😣
Went a few days later, lost in last minute
3 trips in a few weeks
Yep. Remember them well. Stopped in Glossop for a few beers on way back from the postponed game. Called off about an hour before kick off

Yep. Remember them well. Stopped in Glossop for a few beers on way back from the postponed game. Called off about an hour before kick off
I was on the coach from the Lane
We had no idea, pulled into the car park when a steward got on and told us it was off
Think we got free or reduced travel for the rearranged game

We'll take that, decent draw because

1: Potential banana skin but it's a game, if we approach it with the right mentality then obviously we WILL win
Unlike some teams (at PL level) think Hecky will take it seriously and play a strong side.
Also think Hecky will drill it into the players this could be a really tough match and there's no way he'll under estimate Wrexham, even though it's a non league team.

2: Will be a full house with a great atmosphere

3: It's opposition we hardly ever play, new ground for most of our fans.

4: It's a match that should capture the imagination and no doubt it will be shown live on tv, always good to receive publicity on national tv.

Last edited:

Good draw, and I think it'll definitely be on TV. Planning to go, but doubt I'll be able to get a ticket 🙁

5 of our next 7 league games are at home (it could be more as the Reading game is postponed), so we could really get some big points on the board by the end of February.

A cup tie away at a non league team is as good a draw as we could have hoped for. They've got promotion ambitions too, so they'll have the same dilemmas we have.

UTB

5th round is in midweek isn't it?
FA site says Wed 1st March

Fuck knows what that means

If they were all midweek, why would it state Wed rather than Tue as the commencing day

If they were at the weekend, why would the commencing day be Wed and not Fri/Sat ?

Maybe the gents at the FA are a bit senile and think Wed comes before Tue

I would much rather see all PL ties (especially the top 6) this early in the cup.

Means later stages will look slightly different then the usual fare and it gives other teams the chance to progress higher.

(Obviously a Boreham Wood vs Man City tie would have been amazing, but I much prefer to see City v Arsenal then City v Championship side)
Yeah I’d like to see plenty of all PL ties to get them knocked out. That wasn’t my point. Throwing them on tv is boring as.

Having a televised all PL tie completely misses the romance of the cup. They should always be looking for lower placed team at home vs far higher placed opposition.

For all the exposure Wrexham have had of late; Sheffield United are by far the biggest team they have played in a competitive game since Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenie took over.

When a big favourite is playing a big underdog then mental approach is key in these types of games.

Daft as it sounds if we were playing away to a mid table non league side or an out of form league 2 side....then I'd be more worried about us not turning up.

however Wrexham would go top of the National League if they win their 2 games in hand
Also they've just beaten (scoring 4) Coventry City away, who we all know are a decent team.

So all this proves that Wrexham are no mugs and a better team than their non league status suggests.
We're not one of these Southern softie arrogant prima donna teams, so I'm confident Hecky will be preparing for and expecting a really tough match.

Aren't we getting a tad over confident worrying about when the 5th round is?

Went there years ago got battered 4-1think Mike Trusson scored in the first minute
Begging buckets outside ground as they almost went bust

Back
Top Bottom