4th Round Draw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Been to Wrexham twice and lost 4-0 in the old second-division relegation season in 1979. beat them 5-1 Edwards got four in the fa cup 1983.
If you want info on all grounds inc, non-league. go to http://footballgroundsguide.com.info how to get to the ground pubs for away fans etc.

Arsenal away for me. Walking distance. And the 1.1 draw there in 1995 when Dane Whitehouse equalised was a cracking day. Missed the replay which we won 1.0 Carl Veart? The 6.0 thrashing against Arsenal's reserves in the League Cup a few years ago was grim mind. Or Man U at home. Or Liverpool. They are beatable.

If you can,t get to the football grounds website link above.
Just google it.

FA site says Wed 1st March

Fuck knows what that means

If they were all midweek, why would it state Wed rather than Tue as the commencing day

If they were at the weekend, why would the commencing day be Wed and not Fri/Sat ?

Maybe the gents at the FA are a bit senile and think Wed comes before Tue
Fleetwood will definitely play Sheffield Wednesday.

I'll get me coat....

It's a pet peeve of mine that the draw is done before all the weekends' games have been played (replays not included, of course). Should be either Monday night following the final fixture or Tuesday evening
That's true. It could provide teams with an unfair advantage.

An example - Say Salford were playing on Monday evening against United, but the draw is made Sunday and it turns out it's Man Utd away. That puts a whole new perspective on the game. Salford are concentrating on the league and so may have rested players etc. but the prospect of playing local big shots changes the fans, players and managers mentality all ends up.

Been to Wrexham twice and lost 4-0 in the old second-division relegation season in 1979. beat them 5-1 Edwards got four in the fa cup 1983.
If you want info on all grounds inc, non-league. go to http://footballgroundsguide.com.info how to get to the ground pubs for away fans etc.

Same two occasions I went there.
The first one was on our way out of the second division downward for the first ever time. We were lucky to get nil. Away end was weird, below the level of the pitch and no steps, thoroughly depressing day all round.
Only went second time because it was the FA Cup and never used to miss cup ties back then. Edwards master class, including one of his free kicks if I remember it right.

Same two occasions I went there.
The first one was on our way out of the second division downward for the first ever time. We were lucky to get nil. Away end was weird, below the level of the pitch and no steps, thoroughly depressing day all round.
Only went second time because it was the FA Cup and never used to miss cup ties back then. Edwards master class, including one of his free kicks if I remember it right.
Likewise. Think we also got seats further up the away end in cup though.

How many games get chosen for TV?

Is it 7? - Friday PM, Saturday AM & PM, Sunday x3, Monday PM

When the draw first came out i thought we were nailed on for TV, but looking at it. Here are games i feel will be selected before us:

1. Preston v Tottenham
  2. Man Utd v Reading
  3. Derby v West Ham
  4. Walsall v Leicester
  5. Man City v Arsenal/Oxford
  6. Brighton v Liverpool/Wolves
  7. Boreham Wood/Accrington v Leeds/Cardiff
I'd say we're the 8th choice. You know they love a PL team on TV

I vaguely recall a defeat in the early 80s, there was a huge stand there with a small cover at the top. We didn't take many.

I was difficult place to get to and I woke up the following morning in a static caravan in Mold, an even harder place to get home from:) Those were the days.

That's true. It could provide teams with an unfair advantage.

An example - Say Salford were playing on Monday evening against United, but the draw is made Sunday and it turns out it's Man Utd away. That puts a whole new perspective on the game. Salford are concentrating on the league and so may have rested players etc. but the prospect of playing local big shots changes the fans, players and managers mentality all ends up.
Agreed. I do wonder now whether Arsenal will literally field the kids against Oxford tonight as an away fixture against city isn’t that appealing all things considered.

How many games get chosen for TV?

Is it 7? - Friday PM, Saturday AM & PM, Sunday x3, Monday PM

When the draw first came out i thought we were nailed on for TV, but looking at it. Here are games i feel will be selected before us:

1. Preston v Tottenham
  2. Man Utd v Reading
  3. Derby v West Ham
  4. Walsall v Leicester
  5. Man City v Arsenal/Oxford
  6. Brighton v Liverpool/Wolves
  7. Boreham Wood/Accrington v Leeds/Cardiff
I reckon our game is more appealing that 1,2,3&4

And more appealing than 7 if Cardiff get through.

Wrexham only none league team definitely through to the fourth round.
I would be very surprised if it was not on tv live.
Apart from us, everyone else would like to see Wrexham win.
As the old saying goes everyone loves the underdog.

It's already been mentioned but respectfully disagree.

A non league team playing at home in the 4th round is big news.
They could be playing any team from the top 2 divisions and it's guaranteed to be on TV.

It's these types of matches that really capture the imagination of the public, so there will be big TV viewing figures for this match.
I'm not that bothered about the other FA cup games but if Wrexham were playing another higher level team it's a game I'd want to watch.
The FA Cup is all about "the under dog" and cup upsets. Most of the nation will be hoping Wrexham win.

It's already been mentioned but respectfully disagree.

A non league team playing at home in the 4th round is big news.
They could be playing any team from the top 2 divisions and it's guaranteed to be on TV.

It's these types of matches that really capture the imagination of the public, so there will be big TV viewing figures for this match.
Just hope it's on Saturday or Sunday. Can't be arsed going if it's Friday/Monday evening

Good chance for Jebbo again. It's a difficult tie to be fair not an income win or a result win. Look to put in a professional performance with a few rested

Sat at home with the dogs watching the FACup on ESPN+ tbought I'd watch the Cod Army play. Seems they're playing another team in Sheffield. Can't be that good as their Kop is empty. Still if we beat Wrecsam then would love to play the blue and white stripped team, they don't seem very good. Still, come on Fleetwood as they play in red and white.

Ipswich doing us a small favor too...an extra, unwanted game for Burnley could be nice ....for us

Ipswich doing us a small favor too...an extra, unwanted game for Burnley could be nice ....for us
Vincent Kompany has already said he's glad to have a replay because he has "a squad of players dying to prove themselves"! (I just hope Ipswich make more changes than we do!)

Back
Top Bottom