45 points for safety ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just to have some context, how many points did we have after 19 games in 2006/07 under Warnock.

I think we're unduly worrying as 3 or 4 more wins should be enough although with our history it's hardly surprising.

Halfway through the season and we're where we are on merit, no doubt we'll drop down the league given our upcoming fixtures but there's no way we're going to get pulled into the relegation battle imo.
Take anything we can from the next 5 and then we can kick on again after.

If you're really concerned then we're 66/1 for relegation so stick a couple of quid on
It’s funny you mention the odds of us going down
I am crap at betting so steer away
I certainly would be uncomfortable betting against the Blades
But anyhow it reminds me of just before the Villa game 2007
Can’t remember if it was Betfair or somebody else but for new punters they were offering to match your bet up to £50
So you put on £50 they did so your stake was £100
Blades were 25/1 to go down so £2500 return for your £50
I couldn’t do it but I know a number of pals that did

4 wins should do it. The way we have been playing aswell expect a few unexpected draws to be picked up here or there. I know I shouldn't say it but we are pretty much already there?!

View attachment 67324its who's going to be that 3rd bottom.team and unless someone goes on an.ansoloute car crash of a run I cant see anyone not picking up enough points for us to not worry
West ham for example will sack pellegrini and bring someone in pike they did with Moyes last season ,Brighton might drop in maybe Bournemouth but they all know how to win premier league games
I'm.not saying we will go down but I can see this season being the highest points total needed to avoid the drop
Why??????

No where near 45 points to stay up. I do think it will be way above the average in recent years though. I wouldn't be surprised if 40 points and a decent goal difference was required.

The fixtures are horribly unkind to us in January, so I just hope we don't start to feel any pressure if, as is very likely, we only pick up a couple of points. I'm sure though, come the end of the season we will be fine!

At this stage, if you look at goal difference, its definitely worth a point or two. Should be fine, but the blades way and experience tells us that nothing is achieved yet.
Maybe , but GD could change in next 2 games !

Strange how it's Wet Sham who hold the record highest 42 points for getting relegated - maybe 43 will see us right.
So we need 14 points from 19 games. 14 from 19 ?
If we are gonna fade that badly , we'll attract no decent players in the summer + defo get some lured away , so relegation beckons in 2021.
So we better keep aiming for top six , grab some ace recruits in January whilst we're riding high + then have top players busting our door down in the summer for the chance to appear on the European stage.
I'm sure that the club will have considered both scenarios + selected a plan to achieve one or the other.

Halfway through the season and we're where we are on merit, no doubt we'll drop down the league given our upcoming fixtures but there's no way we're going to get pulled into the relegation battle imo.
Take anything we can from the next 5 and then we can kick on again after.

If you're really concerned then we're 66/1 for relegation so stick a couple of quid on
Will do!

Just to have some context, how many points did we have after 19 games in 2006/07 under Warnock.

I think we're unduly worrying as 3 or 4 more wins should be enough although with our history it's hardly surprising.

We were 9 points worse off in the Warnock season

42 points should be enough.

I think we will finish on around 50 points.

For me this is all will be a result of our mentality:
if we try to scape safety, nerves will kick in and we may just start losing games we are drawing and drawing games we are winning.
If we think like winners and aim for the top 6/Europe.... the likelihood is we will fail as inevitably squad size and resources will hit us, BUT.... in trying to achieve the higher target we will comfortably achieve the ultimate goal of safety !

we gotta think positive and try to achieve, rather than safe and avoiding calamity.

CWAK have shown they are more than capable of achieving the unexpected, one game at a time and i am sure they will continue to focus on those above us rather than below us

View attachment 67324its who's going to be that 3rd bottom.team and unless someone goes on an.ansoloute car crash of a run I cant see anyone not picking up enough points for us to not worry
West ham for example will sack pellegrini and bring someone in pike they did with Moyes last season ,Brighton might drop in maybe Bournemouth but they all know how to win premier league games
I'm.not saying we will go down but I can see this season being the highest points total needed to avoid the drop

Looking at the table, if the current rate of points accumulation is maintained 40 will see us safe.

I accept that one or more of the teams that are struggling at the moment may well start to do better and pull clear. However, there will be others in that group above them that do worse and get fewer points in the second half of the season than they did in the first.

11 points clear of the drop, with a ton of traffic in between. Bar some cataclysmic drop of form from us, combined with a dramatic turn around for most of the other teams between us and 18th, we ain't going down.

We would be better focussing our energies on the points tally required to finish in the top 6.

We'll be about 8 points off Europe thinking what could have been and what the fuck will next season bring?

Back
Top Bottom