45 points for safety ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Niceguyeddie

Reaction score
Looking at the table and possible permutations I'm thinking we are gonna need 5 more wins to finish clear of the drop zone .I can see Watford getting out of it and dragging someone else in and I hope after our tricky January fixtures its not us ,having said that February looks kinder although this time of year onwards we will see a lot more teams play like Watford/Newcastle etc and fight for their lives/wages

Still think we will be OK but not the cakewalk many were predicting just a week ago

Looking at the table and possible permutations I'm thinking we are gonna need 5 more wins to finish clear of the drop zone .I can see Watford getting out of it and dragging someone else in and I hope after our tricky January fixtures its not us ,having said that February looks kinder although this time of year onwards we will see a lot more teams play like Watford/Newcastle etc and fight for their lives/wages

Still think we will be OK but not the cakewalk many were predicting just a week ago
MOTD said a few weeks ago that Liverpool were mathematically safe when they got to 40 points. 4 wins and we are safe although I suspect it will be less than that

• Banned
Screenshot_20191227-090221.jpgits who's going to be that 3rd bottom.team and unless someone goes on an.ansoloute car crash of a run I cant see anyone not picking up enough points for us to not worry
West ham for example will sack pellegrini and bring someone in pike they did with Moyes last season ,Brighton might drop in maybe Bournemouth but they all know how to win premier league games
I'm.not saying we will go down but I can see this season being the highest points total needed to avoid the drop

To quote you Nice Guy:

"You o.k. hun?
P.M. me"

Crazy nonsense.😂

Halfway through the season and we're where we are on merit, no doubt we'll drop down the league given our upcoming fixtures but there's no way we're going to get pulled into the relegation battle imo.
Take anything we can from the next 5 and then we can kick on again after.

If you're really concerned then we're 66/1 for relegation so stick a couple of quid on

Stop talking about "safety" we are looking up to at least a Europa cup place.

A couple of recruits in January and we will be well placed for the top 6 or 7th place.

We’re safe.....just relax and enjoy the season.
If by some miracle we did go down....then we are seriously shit and fully deserve it....so no complaints from me.

The reality is we have much more chance of finishing in a European place.

Halfway through the season and we're where we are on merit, no doubt we'll drop down the league given our upcoming fixtures but there's no way we're going to get pulled into the relegation battle imo.
Take anything we can from the next 5 and then we can kick on again after.

If you're really concerned then we're 66/1 for relegation so stick a couple of quid on
You should read my post again

One defeat in 12 games doesn't suggest we're going to be struggling any time soon. Ok it could well be three defeats soon in 14 games, but I'm not seeing reasons to be concerned.

40 should be enough, Norwich have managed to scrape together 12 points from 19 matches, if we can’t do the same in the second half of the season, I’ll be shocked.

You should read my post again

To be fair mate you've started a thread asking if 45 points might be needed for safety (which it won't) and if we may be a team to be dragged in (which we won't)

I get that you hope/don't think we will be but frankly the whole idea is nonsense, but yeah I obviously hadn't read your post properly

To be fair mate you've started a thread asking if 45 points might be needed for safety (which it won't) and if we may be a team to be dragged in (which we won't)

I get that you hope/don't think we will be but frankly the whole idea is nonsense, but yeah I obviously hadn't read your post properly
West ham went down on 42 points in 2003

Aston Villa need 4 more wins than we get in the 2nd half of the season. They won’t play Norwich every week and away at Watford next up

Here’s points totals for 17th placed sides since prem league went to 20 team format , so as you can see it varies a lot , highest points total of a relegated team was West Ham 42 pts in 02/03 & lowest points total for a team in 18th was WBA , so think we,ve got some way to go yet

95/96 Soton 38
96/97. Cov. 41
97/98. Everton 40
98/99. Soton. 41
99/00. Bradford. 36
00/01 Derby 42
01/02. Sunder’d. 40
02/03 Bolton. 44
03/04 Everton 39
04/05. WBA. 34
05/06. Port’th. 38
06/07. No Comment but it was 38
07/08 Fulham 36
08/09 Hull C 35
09/10 West Ham. 35
10/11 QPR. 37
11/12. Sund 39
12/13. WBA. 36
13/14 WBA 36
14/15. Villa. 38
15/16. Sund 39
16/17 Watford. 40
17/18 Soton. 36
18/19 Brighton. 36

Here’s points totals for 17th placed sides since prem league went to 20 team format , so as you can see it varies a lot , highest points total of a relegated team was West Ham 42 pts in 02/03 & lowest points total for a team in 18th was WBA , so think we,ve got some way to go yet

95/96 Soton 38
96/97. Cov. 41
97/98. Everton 40
98/99. Soton. 41
99/00. Bradford. 36
00/01 Derby 42
01/02. Sunder’d. 40
02/03 Bolton. 44
03/04 Everton 39
04/05. WBA. 34
05/06. Port’th. 38
07/08 Fulham 36
08/09 Hull C 35
09/10 West Ham. 35
10/11 QPR. 37
11/12. Sund 39
12/13. WBA. 36
13/14 WBA 36
14/15. Villa. 38
15/16. Sund 39
16/17 Watford. 40
17/18 Soton. 36
18/19 Brighton. 36

Watch out for the ones who think we have to beat the 17th placed team.🤔

2010 ~ Burnley relegated in 18th with 30 points
so somewhere between 31 & 45 I guess

i am still looking over my shoulder, Spurs, Everton, Man U, Wolves will all float towards the top, so many teams with a shaky start

will we repeat our 1st half performance and end on 58 points?
why not?
teams haven’t ‘sussed us out’
we have got cuter to the shenanigans of the PL
confidence is up

CWAK will be pushing for top 10 finish
who are we to argue.

95/96 Soton 38
96/97. Cov. 41
97/98. Everton 40
98/99. Soton. 41
99/00. Bradford. 36
00/01 Derby 42
01/02. Sunder’d. 40
02/03 Bolton. 44
03/04 Everton 39
04/05. WBA. 34
05/06. Port’th. 38
07/08 Fulham 36
08/09 Hull C 35
09/10 West Ham. 35
10/11 QPR. 37
11/12. Sund 39
12/13. WBA. 36
13/14 WBA 36
14/15. Villa. 38
15/16. Sund 39
16/17 Watford. 40
17/18 Soton. 36
18/19 Brighton. 36
Surely it's more relevant for the points total of the team that finished 18th? You just need one more point (or as we know better goal difference) to stay up.

I think the fourth from bottom team will need points around that mark. I'm hoping we get to 43 as soon as possible. Nothing is guaranteed and it only takes injuries to the likes of Egan and Oconnell together with suspensions and tiredness for us to get dragged in. The Man U game showed our back up options aren't at the required standard. Our first eleven can beat anyone in this league when they are fit but the pace and intensity of the Premiership will take its toll eventually over the course of the season. There were signs yesterday that some players need a rest so we will have to juggle our limited resources carefully over the next 4 weeks. For that reason alone we should be playing a reserve side in cup matches.

Correct. They've already played them twice.
They've got Watford twice and I think Watford will best them twice
I'm assuming villa and Norwich are down and Watford will pick up enough points to stay up ( just a feeling I've had all season ) so looking at the rest of the teams the gap between us and them isn't that big but I reackon they will spur each other on to get a high points total ,I'm fairly certain we will be OK although I do rember beating fulham to have a similar size gap to what we have now and still going down

But I'm not trying to push the point that we will go down I don't think we will but I think whoever does stay up will have to get the highest points total in prem history

At this stage, if you look at goal difference, its definitely worth a point or two. Should be fine, but the blades way and experience tells us that nothing is achieved yet.

Back
Top Bottom