3rd Round Draw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's a bit of a meh draw for me.

Well get knocked out. Wolves are playing well, though it might be a mixed team from both though I'd rather we play our best XI minus MGW who Wolves will not allow to play for obvious reasons.

That said if we are to improve our league situation then I'd simply rather have no distractions or additional workload.

If we go out there's no shame.

i think hecky might use this as an opportunity for the second string and young guns to make an impression, could see Slater, Olsen, RND, Addy (if fit), Freeman and Burke playing a role

I doubt very much it will be. Think there are 6 games on live. 3 bbc and 3 itv. I think definitely selected will be:
Swindon v Man City
Man U v Villa
West Ham v Leeds
Forest v Arsenal

Then possibly:
Swansea v Southampton
West Brom v Brighton

Don't think Chelsea v Chezzie will be picked.

Many other games are picked for international coverage though so good chance it could be one of them.
Think chelsea chozza are nailed on to be picked

Would we normally get that lower stand with about 2,700 allocation? If a sensible kick off time can see there being a fairly decent following

Would we normally get that lower stand with about 2,700 allocation? If a sensible kick off time can see there being a fairly decent following
Fa Cup rules say the away team is entitled to up to 15% of capacity, which should mean we could have 4800 if we want them.

wolves will field a few fringe players no doubt and if we go with a full strength team i think weve a great chance of suprising them and at least getting a replay

Wolves is the only away game in my lifetime of football watching that I have ever taken a punch (didn't see it coming). It was a long time ago, I might just about have forgiven the Old Gold barstewards.

Unless we've bought him in exchange for McBurnie :eek:

Well it is nearly Christmas after all so if we invite the Wolves Chief Exec round for a few Xmas drinks and get them absolutely shit faced, they might just sign that swap deal off in between doing a drunken hokey cokey with their cock out on the dancefloor and then falling over a plant pot and pissing himself on the floor. It's worth a try.

You may all be right but if I was a Wolves fan I would be spitting feathers if they played a weakened side. They’re not going down and there’s a half decent chance of a cup run and even a trophy given the right luck. Yes I know all the “one place in the PL worth more financially than an FA Cup win“ arguments but surely they’d get more prestige and profile from that than finishing 7th rather than 8th or I am I just being old fashioned again?

Well it is nearly Christmas after all so if we invite the Wolves Chief Exec round for a few Xmas drinks and get them absolutely shit faced, they might just sign that swap deal off in between doing a drunken hokey cokey with their cock out on the dancefloor and then falling over a plant pot and pissing himself on the floor. It's worth a try.
Just put that thru my thought process. Great picture !!

That is so far fetched it’s ridiculous.

I mean where you going to get the plant pot from

Has it crossed anyone's mind that Wolves could recall MGW on 1st Jan and play him against us in the Cup.

They would'nt do that would they.

They have opened one of the ends (Stan Cullis stand) for away fans in the past few seasons (like they used to), so they may decide to do that.

Wolves is the only away game in my lifetime of football watching that I have ever taken a punch (didn't see it coming). It was a long time ago, I might just about have forgiven the Old Gold barstewards.
Liverpool at home for me 😞

although it was my mate who hit me and he’s a blade

I could have written that almost word for word GVBlade. January '95, we were two nil up and managed to give away two goals in injury time so what their problem was God only knows.
I was more worried about my Dad who's first match it was in a long time after a triple heart bypass.

Neither our game or the West brom one (surprisingly IMO) has been selected for TV so I guess we're just waiting out on police decisions now as to when it'll be played

I could have written that almost word for word GVBlade. January '95, we were two nil up and managed to give away two goals in injury time so what their problem was God only knows.
I was more worried about my Dad who's first match it was in a long time after a triple heart bypass.
We had some issues when we won there in style in 2002. I remember their mob attacking the away end exit and they kept most Blades in for a bit. I managed to escape with a few others and somehow avoided getting clobbered

I doubt very much it will be. Think there are 6 games on live. 3 bbc and 3 itv. I think definitely selected will be:
Swindon v Man City
Man U v Villa
West Ham v Leeds
Forest v Arsenal

Then possibly:
Swansea v Southampton
West Brom v Brighton

Don't think Chelsea v Chezzie will be picked.

Many other games are picked for international coverage though so good chance it could be one of them.

Think chelsea chozza are nailed on to be picked
I don't think my guesses were that bad!!

FRIDAY 7 JANUARY 2022
• Swindon Town v Manchester City at 8pm on ITV1 and ITV Hub.

SATURDAY 8 JANUARY 2022
• Millwall v Crystal Palace at 12.45pm on ITV1
• Hull City v Everton at 5.30pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer

SUNDAY 9 JANUARY 2022
• West Ham United v Leeds United at 2.15pm on ITV1 and ITV Hub
• Nottingham Forest v Arsenal at 5.15pm on ITV1 and ITV Hub

MONDAY 10 JANUARY 2022
• Manchester United v Aston Villa at 7.55pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer

FRIDAY 7 JANUARY 2022

SATURDAY 8 JANUARY 2022

SUNDAY 9 JANUARY 2022

MONDAY 10 JANUARY 2022

FA Cup, a chance to broadcast matches with teams that are unlikely to play against each other in the league for years if not decades.

But TV companies decide to show games with teams that get picked for TV in their league matches.

Probably watch Swindon vs Man City but not interested in any of the other games.

FA Cup, a chance to broadcast matches with teams that are unlikely to play against each other in the league for years if not decades.

But TV companies decide to show games with teams that get picked for TV in their league matches.

Probably watch Swindon vs Man City but not interested in any of the other games.
It all comes down to audience figures. BBC had first pick so no doubt thats why they chose Man U. They can then boast that they had x million watch their FA Cup coverage.

Remaining games are spread across Saturday & Sunday for international coverage so we will get to know which day our game is on shortly.

FRIDAY 7 JANUARY 2022

SATURDAY 8 JANUARY 2022

SUNDAY 9 JANUARY 2022

MONDAY 10 JANUARY 2022
Think tha on know 🤣👍

Back
Top Bottom