29 games left. We need an average 0.8 points per game.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think we went down with 38 points which is enough of a health warning for everyone.
That third bottom is currently almost at a point a game seems a very high number which maybe means we are potentially looking at a high points total to stay up.
It would be nice if at least one or two teams could get cut adrift fairly soon.

True, 1 goal difference did us and it was a high points tally too. That's the Bladesway alright.

I'll be happy to take our chance with 38 but I wouldn't take that number if offered now. At the same time I'm not counting chickens yet.

I'm looking at it like this.22 games to go.
8 against teams above us and 14 against teams below.
We need 6 wins, which I think we can manage.

Of those 22, we have
At home - villa, Watford, wet spam, Bournemouth, Brighton, Norwich, everton
away - brighton, palace, villa, Newcastle, Burnley, Southampton

that’s writing off 8 games, but fuck me, playing how we are, if we can’t get 6 wins from the above 14 games then we probably deserve to go down.

of those 8, bear In mind we have taken points off Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, wolves & spurs
other 3 been Liverpool, and man c twice

if it was them scrubbers from S6 they would be talking up top 6 and Europe, yet were still bricking it?!
maybe somewhere in the middle eh.

Of those 22, we have
At home - villa, Watford, wet spam, Bournemouth, Brighton, Norwich, everton
away - brighton, palace, villa, Newcastle, Burnley, Southampton

that’s writing off 8 games, but fuck me, playing how we are, if we can’t get 6 wins from the above 14 games then we probably deserve to go down.

of those 8, bear In mind we have taken points off Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, wolves & spurs
other 3 been Liverpool, and man c twice

if it was them scrubbers from S6 they would be talking up top 6 and Europe, yet were still bricking it?!
maybe somewhere in the middle eh.

I just hope we can get in the play offs this season.

Great thread this, mapping the morale of fellow Blades as the season evolves.

Watford now need to average 1.32 points per game
Norwich need 1.23.

Assuming we need 18 more points:

4 wins, 6 draws, 12 defeats

Seems doable

What a beauty... :)

And just look how close Man U and Man C came to the drop.

View attachment 66410
Man City were crap back in the day, apart from a brief spell in the late 60s/early 70s. Man U was under Fergie though. He came very close to getting sacked. In the modern era he definitely would have.

Man City were crap back in the day, apart from a brief spell in the late 60s/early 70s. Man U was under Fergie though. He came very close to getting sacked. In the modern era he definitely would have.

Ah yes. That was the season when Man Utd won the FA Cup. Mark Robins ‘saved Fergie from the sack’ with his goal in the 1-0 3rd round win at Forest.

Ah yes. That was the season when Man Utd won the FA Cup. Mark Robins ‘saved Fergie from the sack’ with his goal in the 1-0 3rd round win at Forest.
In the season before they almost got knocked out by Bournemouth. I’m not sure he’d have survived that. A late equaliser by, I think, Clayton Blackmore got them a replay at OT.

Back
Top Bottom