24/25 Season Tickets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A loyal supporter doesn't criticise his/ her club left, right and centre

To be fair, when we lost 8-0 to Newcastle and the kids were in bits I did say it could have been worse, it could have been double figures which seemed to perk them up a bit. So I was at least trying to make a positive from a negative.

I’ll be buying but only cos my match going mate will be. I also like the crowd who surround us, been the same group for years. If my mate says he’s not bothered I’ll have to give it some consideration.

I do agree our crowd will be the lowest for a few years given the apathy that this seasons left us with.

Seriously Bladesthorpe if your season ticket is equivalent to a pound a game, can you explain how you do that?

That’s not true; he’s had my ticket a few times when I can’t make it
I'll probably need a few goes with it next season. Sick of train issues.

I go to about 75% of games per season on average but I find nothing more tedious than a self appointed bigger Blade.

A few act like they want the spirit of Nudger Needham to descend from heaven and present them with a medal.

We’re like Man City in reverse, their fans go to games expecting to win, whereas we turn up to the lane expecting to lose….errr badly.
I wonder who has the most jeopardy?

This Saturday - 3pm - a rarity so out on the lash with the lads after. I can't fucking wait.

On reflection, there's plenty to be excited about in the championship next season. :)

Night games became a no - no for me as I finish work late and live 50 miles from Sheffield and no transport unless trains.
I take myself to non-league whenever possible in the derby Leicester nottingham area.
I didn't miss a home game for 32 years but living where I do now I pick and choose.
I prefer random non league games to tick a new ground off and get a better sense of feeling welcome.

Bladesthorpe, some pensioners are ok for money and some are not. with the cost of living etc. I can manage ok because I have a couple of workplace pensions. so my annual income is just under £14,000. you might have more money than me. I have no problem with that of course.
I thought you must have got your calculations wrong, then checked how much the state pension is 2023 - 2024. £10,600 / year. Didn't realise it was that low!

See your point, would be a good gesture but I suppose it depends on the clubs aims for next season.

Maybe they should put it to the fans.

Would you prefer
No price increase and happy to plod along in mid table (Stoke and Huddersfield have very cheap season tickets and keep freezing their prices but look where they are in the league) or

Small price increase and buy/loan extra players for a promotion push.

This subject often shows up the hypocrisy amongst our fans. Many want us to be ambitious, make sure we buy our targets, if N’Diaye and Berge are wavering on new deals then just give them as extra £5K or £10K a week

But where’s the ambition from the fans, when the club comes asking for an extra £30 to £40 for the year (this is what I’m expecting) then all the excuses come out.

Think this is the reason we’ll struggle to find a buyer because anyone with ambition won’t go down well with the fanbase. From a business point of view we’re arguably a poor investment and it’s a thankless task.
The clubs aim should be promotion and progression every season.

See your point, would be a good gesture but I suppose it depends on the clubs aims for next season.

Maybe they should put it to the fans.

Would you prefer
No price increase and happy to plod along in mid table (Stoke and Huddersfield have very cheap season tickets and keep freezing their prices but look where they are in the league) or

Small price increase and buy/loan extra players for a promotion push.

This subject often shows up the hypocrisy amongst our fans. Many want us to be ambitious, make sure we buy our targets, if N’Diaye and Berge are wavering on new deals then just give them as extra £5K or £10K a week

But where’s the ambition from the fans, when the club comes asking for an extra £30 to £40 for the year (this is what I’m expecting) then all the excuses come out.

Think this is the reason we’ll struggle to find a buyer because anyone with ambition won’t go down well with the fanbase. From a business point of view we’re arguably a poor investment and it’s a thankless task.
Here's a sobering thought...If the club increase season tickets by £200 each, that will generate approx £4m extra revenue, hardly enough for a radical overhaul of the squad is it? It's all about the owner & what he can afford/is prepared to invest in the playing squad

Here's a sobering thought...If the club increase season tickets by £200 each, that will generate approx £4m extra revenue, hardly enough for a radical overhaul of the squad is it? It's all about the owner & what he can afford/is prepared to invest in the playing squad
..but an increase will help in all the other club overheads and non playing staff salaries.
It isn’t just about buying players.

Twas ever thus.

Back
Top Bottom