23/24 season kit thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was always gonna be a downgrade on last years which was close to if not perfect design-wise.

It’s over complicated. The shoulders are entirely red which looks poor but the cut/shape of them takes them up to the neck and all the way round the back with an extra piece of material plonked in as well. The collar didn’t need that extra horizontal bit of black. A simple V neck would look way better.

There’s stripes on the back and that can never be underestimated.

Yours, the S2 knitting circle.

It's nice, very happy with that...just need a sponsor logo that's black now

Now there's no sponsor floating on the back, in my opinion, a printed name and number would spoil it (for the fan shirt, not the players!)

It’s nice. God only knows what people want from a red and white striped shirt.
More stripes, thinner than these. A better collar, better sleeves.

But most of that fades into insignificance, for me, the main issue is the quality of manufacturing and the need for a better supplier than Errea.

Not for me, I'm a dinosaur who longs for more red & white stripes with no black pin stripe. Had a lot worse, maybe next year. Each to their own. UTB

Collar's a different colour, different colour pinstripes, the turkey shirt has stripes all the way around instead of the block down the side and it has Randox across the front but apart from that..
Now you're picking spots. It's the turkey shirt template then. Shit collar. Broad stripes. The similarities are a bit close for coincidence

Another fan who first started attending regularly in 97/98 and still have the original (I can just about get into it but wouldn't want to be seen in public wearing it!) I really like the design but it's quite underwhelming compared to the promo celebration shirt and again, the collar is fucking wank. Material looks itchy and shiny, the stuff they used for the black 3rd shirt was pretty decent, hopefully it's more like that.

I like the shirt but not the way the collar is 'blocked' by the stripe. Looks like the designer has forgot to put the 'stripes layer' underneath the 'collar layer' in Photoshop.

Full disclosure: I started going to games in the Wards shirt era and have kept hold of my original ever since (not that it's fit me for a couple of decades) so I'm possibly a bit biased.

That's my favourite ever home shirt which is why I like this one so much. Really hope the sponsor doesn't ruin it

It was always gonna be a downgrade on last years which was close to if not perfect design-wise.

It’s over complicated. The shoulders are entirely red which looks poor but the cut/shape of them takes them up to the neck and all the way round the back with an extra piece of material plonked in as well. The collar didn’t need that extra horizontal bit of black. A simple V neck would look way better.

My first thought was exactly the same re the red sleeves but with the thickness of the stripes being so thick you couldn't get in a white stripe either I doubt to the sleeves. I like it, I agree with you on that I would prefer is the red and white stripes on the back to go to the top, but overall it's not bad, I still prefer it to almost all the home kits Adidas produced.

I like it. Brings back nostalgia of aeroplane celebrations in Sunday league, Katchouro bagging a hat-trick after coming back from a collapsed lung, Steve Bruce getting put on his arse by Michael Bridges, DEANO DEANO DEANO his return against Sunderland, Coventry away, Gareth Taylor scoring against Forest etc. etc.

The collar on the goalie shirt would've looked way better on the home kit.
I do like it (fond memories of the original) ... apart from that collar! 8.5/10

Just seen it. Absolute beauty of a kit!!!

Gotta to say though I am gutted that it wasn't released today for sale. That will be another birthday for me with no presents because the kits not released in July 😭

When will we start capitalising on the summer holiday market?!

In other news... weerz away kit!

Last edited:
Reactions: BV

I like it. Brings back nostalgia of aeroplane celebrations in Sunday league, Katchouro bagging a hat-trick after coming back from a collapsed lung, Steve Bruce getting put on his arse by Michael Bridges, DEANO DEANO DEANO his return against Sunderland, Coventry away, Gareth Taylor scoring against Forest etc. etc.
Marcelo and his 2 shirts

Back
Top Bottom