2020/21 fixtures release date

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Without wanting to temp fate, I think that they are a very nicely spaced set of fixtures, in so far as I am not seeing any 'nightmare runs' as you can often get.

A decent start and run in from what I can see, with very few clusters of the tough teams coming all at once.

Happy.

Liverpool (A)
Man C (H)
Chelsea (A)

That's pretty brutal...

when you find out as usual the leaked fixtures were Bollocks. & we are at home to wolves instead of away to Brighton

Screenshot_20200820-093321_Gallery.jpg

I can't get excited by the fixture release at all, this year. It's usually a day of thinking about away trips, which games will be good for all day sessions at home games etc. It's now obviously unclear when all those things can happen again.
Agreed, I’m totally underwhelmed to be honest, there’s no excitement in it.

I can't get excited by the fixture release at all, this year. It's usually a day of thinking about away trips, which games will be good for all day sessions at home games etc. It's now obviously unclear when all those things can happen again.

I’m the same....I look at our home fixtures and even though I’m a season ticket holder realise I won’t even be allowed a ticket for many games.
and even if ( do receive a ticket the experience is likely to be really poor...with hardly anyone in the stadium, crap atmosphere, no away fans but bigger queues than normal for everything. It will be so bad....that I reckon some fans will simply stop going until it returns back to normal.

Even watching it on tv...will be like watching early round EFL cup matches......hate to dissapoint but it’s likely to be incredibly underwhelming.
Imagine if there’s a line of stewards with orders to eject anyone who lowers their mask, chants, shouts or cheers a goal...it could be a farce.

Last edited:
Agreed, I’m totally underwhelmed to be honest, there’s no excitement in it.
That's me too.

Absolutely no interest in games that I can't go to.

Nice run of fixtures between 12 Dec up to 12 Jan, aside from Man Utd, possible to gain good momentum going into the new year. Gutted about Leeds at home so early they’ve got away with that one.

We need a better start than we had last season cos if we struggle in that October trio of tough fixtures then by November we could be well towards the bottom.

Just in case.....

Our last 5
May
1: Tottenham (a)
8: Crystal Palace (h)
11: Everton (a)
15: Newcastle (a)
23: Burnley (h)

Crystal Palace last 5
May
1: Manchester City (h)
8: Sheffield United (a)
12: Aston Villa (h)
15: Arsenal (h)
23: Liverpool (a)

West Brom last 5
May
1: Wolves (h)
8: Arsenal (a)
11: Liverpool (h)
15: West Ham United (h)
23: Leeds United (a)

Fulham last 5
May
1: Chelsea (a)
8: Burnley (h)
12: Southampton (a)
15: Man Utd (a)
23: Newcastle (h)

Brighton last 5
May
1: Leeds (h)
8: Wolves (a)
11: West Ham (h)
15: Manchester City (h)
23: Arsenal (a)

Newcastle last 5
May
1: Arsenal (h)
8: Leicester (a)
12: Man City (h)
15: Sheff Utd (h)
23: Fulham (a)

Villa last 5
May
1: Everton (a)
8: Man Utd (h)
12: Crystal Palace (a)
15: Tottenham (a)
23: Chelsea (h)

Shammers last 5
(Our Trev had a hand in the fixture list again?!!)
May
1: Burnley (a)
8: Everton (h)
11: Brighton (a)
15: West Bromwich Albion (a)
23: Southampton (h)

We need a strong September! Can't see much more than 0 for that Manchester City, Liverpool & Chelsea triple.

Hopefully Leeds get a couple of beatings otherwise they'll be full of momentum.

Does anyone know when it's going to be announced how we get to watch these fixtures?

At Home again on Boxing Day........the grunters will be livid 😁

They will.

It's particularly nice that, by reason of us being in the 'Mester's league', the Pigs get advance notice that they don't have a home Boxing Day fixture, before the EFL fixtures even come out.

At home on Boxing Day for 6th consecutive year...
19 - Watford
18 - Derby
17- Sunderland
16 - Oldham
15 - Bradford

Said it in the other thread but it's a big deal for us to have 4 (I think) fixtures right after our opponents have played in Europe. We had none last year.

Sure that fatigue will start to play a role- look how the French teams exceeded all expectations after their nice long rest.

Of course I wanted us to qualify for Europe this year but with the fixture schedule as it is and no fans anyway it's less of a loss. We'll enjoy it more in 2021-22

Perhaps of greater concern is that we appear to play three games we should be taking points from right after International breaks, and we know how good (or rather not) we are after one of those...

1597926662683.png

Attachments

• 1597926663445.png
    1597926663445.png
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 4
I agree. That's the impact of Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford being replaced by Fulham, WBA and Leeds. There's a lot more "traditionally" big name clubs in the PL this year. it doesn`t mean they will be any good though.
Good point. Perhaps the hills in the Peak District are really steeper than they were a few years back!

See the ‘super computer’ has predicted a final placing of 14th for Blades, 2 places below Leeds.

Champions Man City with Liverpool runners up

Newcastle, Villa and Fulham in bottom 3 places.

God knows what they base this on as teams haven’t even finalised their starting line ups yet.

See the ‘super computer’ has predicted a final placing of 14th for Blades, 2 places below Leeds.

Champions Man City with Liverpool runners up

Newcastle, Villa and Fulham in bottom 3 places.

God knows what they base this on as teams haven’t even finalised their starting line ups yet.

Historic performance data I believe.

One thing is for sure, Newcastle can`t possibly outperform their performances as much again - how we lost twice to them is completely beyond me. they were bottom 3 on most metric and yet were able to gain more points than they arguably warranted. They could improve from a metrics perspective this season, and still go down if the over performance turns to under performance...

Back
Top Bottom