CONFIRMED 2019/2020 Kit Mega Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lovely stuff (apart from the solid back, which just seems to be a thing nowadays).

The thing is, the home shirt will look decent for those that spend yet more money on having a name and number to fill the red back, but for those that don't, it'll look crap from the back. Is it really too much to ask to have stripes on the back and also may I add stripes on the sleeves? Most people slagged off last season's kit for being solid white on the back but the only difference with this years (apart from the increase in price) is that its a solid red back and solid sleeves, albeit that there are 6 inches or so of stripes on the back which arguably (for the reason's I've said is worse than a solid back.

Its a no from me and yet another season where I'll be wearing my 70's replica kit.

The away shirt though looks great, I'll definitely consider buying that for £25 near the end of season.

I really like the kit I have to say.
But why is the junior one different and not a replica?
Apologies if this has been covered but it's a big ol' thread!

The thing is, the home shirt will look decent for those that spend yet more money on having a name and number to fill the red back, but for those that don't, it'll look crap from the back. Is it really too much to ask to have stripes on the back and also may I add stripes on the sleeves? Most people slagged off last season's kit for being solid white on the back but the only difference with this years (apart from the increase in price) is that its a solid red back and solid sleeves, albeit that there are 6 inches or so of stripes on the back which arguably (for the reason's I've said is worse than a solid back.

Its a no from me and yet another season where I'll be wearing my 70's replica kit.

The away shirt though looks great, I'll definitely consider buying that for £25 near the end of season.

Why are people so concerned with what they look like from the back?

I really like the kit I have to say.
But why is the junior one different and not a replica?
Apologies if this has been covered but it's a big ol' thread!

Forex markets is basically gambling, no gambling for juniors.

Because the shirt has a front and a back mate. It's not a house where less people see a back garden to a front!

Also, Sheffield United play in stripes not in solid red or solid white, otherwise we'd have a shirt like Liverpool or Leeds.

Yeah I know it has a back and a front, but there are also coats, seat backs, and the fact that anyone you're bothered about seeing you would be looking at you front on.

So I don't let a suboptimal back ruin a very nice front, which is what I'll be looking at in the mirror etc.

Yeah I know it has a back and a front, but there are also coats, seat backs, and the fact that anyone you're bothered about seeing you would be looking at you front on.

So I don't let a suboptimal back ruin a very nice front, which is what I'll be looking at in the mirror etc.

My wife tells me arse is my beat feature so you'll understand why it means more to me than to you clearly!

I just don't get why Adidas, in particular, can't do a traditional red n white striped shirt.

View attachment 56348

My prediction: we'll end up wearing the white socks from the away kit with the home kit a lot...
Looks like the doomsayers are correct - spunked the Premiership billions on a bespoke kit & 'down with the kids' soundtrack
From the photo Billy, Moore Fleck & some other fella are guaranteed starters
& we've flogged Jack, Ollie & Egan - no doubt for peanuts
Henderson not coming back
Maupay , McBurnie, Robinson, Freeman Ribery not signing

There is the consolation ( for some) that if the picture is to be believed we're looking to offload Lundstram

Apparently Uncle Kev was unwilling to stump up all the cash necessary for a 'fully' striped back - summat about 70% of it had been transferred beyond his control

Is it only me who thinks the positioning for the badge and Adidas logo is poor on the new home kit?! Looks far too close to the side of the shirt for me, close to the folds of the armpits! Poor design, I prefer the away kit where the position of badge and logo looks correct.

My wife tells me arse is my beat feature so you'll understand why it means more to me than to you clearly!

I just don't get why Adidas, in particular, can't do a traditional red n white striped shirt.

I did win a rear of the year award in 2009, but unfortunately it was for my face.

Is it only me who thinks the positioning for the badge and Adidas logo is poor on the new home kit?! Looks far too close to the side of the shirt for me, close to the folds of the armpits! Poor design, I prefer the away kit where the position of badge and logo looks correct.

It's a bit further out, good for the L and up sizes, bur the Ms might look a bit stretched across.

View attachment 56348

My prediction: we'll end up wearing the white socks from the away kit with the home kit a lot...

Where exactly?

The home socks are RED so we will be wearing RED socks at home.

Looking at the teams in the league, the only clubs with red socks have predominantly red shirts too so we would be in the away kit. There's potential clashes at Watford and Man City if they opt for Red and Burgundy socks respectively but other than that, I can't see any reason we would do so... unless we use an "away set" of the home kit (which is possible - we did this in the League 1 promotion season as opposed to wearing the away kit unnecessarily).

EDIT - Watford are going Yellow socks - https://www.watfordfc.com/teams/fir...t-re-leaked-imagery-201920-watford-home-shirt

Here are games we will definitely be in the away kit:
  1. Arsenal
  2. Bournemouth
  3. Crystal Palace
  4. Liverpool
  5. Man U
  6. Southampton
Here are games where the referee could make us wear away shirt but we've also been known to play in home shirt against:

1. Aston Villa
  2. Burnley
  3. Newcastle
  4. West Ham
  5. Wolves

Last edited:
For the old bastards like me that think this season's kit is yet another crap shirt by Adidas, it could have been worse - much worse!

View attachment 56349 View attachment 56350

We could have ended up with this!

I think I would've actually given up.

Given up:
Posting
Buying United Kits
Buying anything Adidas
Supporting United
Breathing.

Where exactly?

The home socks are RED so we will be wearing RED socks at home.

Looking at the teams in the league, the only clubs with red socks have predominantly red shirts too so we would be in the away kit. There's potential clashes at Watford and Man City if they opt for Red and Burgundy socks respectively but other than that, I can't see any reason we would do so... unless we use an "away set" of the home kit (which is possible - we did this in the League 1 promotion season as opposed to wearing the away kit unnecessarily).

EDIT - Watford are going Yellow socks - https://www.watfordfc.com/teams/fir...t-re-leaked-imagery-201920-watford-home-shirt

Here are games we will definitely be in the away kit:
  1. Arsenal
  2. Bournemouth
  3. Crystal Palace
  4. Liverpool
  5. Man U
  6. Southampton
Here are games where the referee could make us wear away shirt but we've also been known to play in home shirt against:

1. Aston Villa
  2. Burnley
  3. Newcastle
  4. West Ham
  5. Wolves

We'll mix it up, just because we can.

Home shirt looks decent and better than last years effort. That white back annoyed me, we looked like bloody Bolton when we turned around. Red back is a bit better but whats wrong with stripes? Now we're going to look like bloody Forest when turned around!

Away strip very good, as Patrick said earlier the Blades should always play in white when away from the Lane, but only if there's a clash. All this corporate BS about playing in different shirts for marketing purposes does my head in. And yes I know it's all about the money these days.

Home shirt looks decent and better than last years effort. That white back annoyed me, we looked like bloody Bolton when we turned around. Red back is a bit better but whats wrong with stripes? Now we're going to look like bloody Forest when turned around!

Away strip very good, as Patrick said earlier the Blades should always play in white when away from the Lane, but only if there's a clash. All this corporate BS about playing in different shirts for marketing purposes does my head in. And yes I know it's all about the money these days.

Have you seen all of the back?

Stripes on the bottom. If we keep it up we should have a striped back in 2022 😁

Those are only our little lads doing the modelling. When O'Connell and Egan put the shirt on it's going to look as if the badge is too near the middle.

I think 90% of blades will be happy with both kits, we all want them to be brilliant but worry they will be gash, so most are pleased with the outcome I feel, I really like them.

Have you seen all of the back?

Stripes on the bottom. If we keep it up we should have a striped back in 2022 😁

Yeah but if a short arse like Fleck tucks his shirt in the stripes are going to be in his shorts!

Still you're right, we're moving in the right direction. 😀

Back
Top Bottom