CONFIRMED 2019/2020 Kit Mega Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

black adidas trim on the shoulder doesn't look right IMO.

Couldn't disagree more. It's a nice twist on the obligatory adidas shoulders and a colour combo we've yet to try.

As others have said not a fan of the all red back. But my oh my am I loving the away shirt. Getting vibes of Spain in the World Cup. Utter class.

So an FYI for next season...

bromtom and GallonofMagnet are both ITK on kits!

I'm not ITK, I'm ITC (Interpreter of The Clues)

I just look at a lot of kits so I know general what's available to teams etc

I have a pretty good record

Last season

Oh yeah, could very well be.

It's going to look like this then best guess

UQVunHS.png

Season before

Happy shopper attempt

HqymWc7.png

Said every generation of people about 'kids today' since the invention of the wheel.

They sure did.

I just think they could have done a "Sheffield music montage" covering numerous bands/artists from a whole host of genres rather than narrowing your target audience to just one strand of a whole bigger picture. Maybe even have a band/artist from a certain era playing and show a United highlight from the same era building up to the one they've brought out today.

Basically what I'm trying to get across is that things change in the City (music tastes) but one thing remains the same, Sheffield United and now we're back in the PL. Kind are our future but let's not forget how we got here and who got us there.

The sponsor looks quality. I mean in terms of print, not just design. Top drawer materials.

If you search with your eyes closed you’ll often get that result

Not taking this piss - no other kit related thread shows up for me with the first 10 pages of General Blades Chat... Just used the search tool and it appears there but not within the normal forum thread list for me. Strange.

Yep.

Junior kits have a different sponsor. Sounds daft I know, but my lad will be gutted when he finds out.

Well its also an opportunity to teach your lad about how sponsors are only there to make us corporate slaves! If anything he'll have the limited edition version.

They sure did.

I just think they could have done a "Sheffield music montage" covering numerous bands/artists from a whole host of genres rather than narrowing your target audience to just one strand of a whole bigger picture. Maybe even have a band/artist from a certain era playing and show a United highlight from the same era building up to the one they've brought out today.

Basically what I'm trying to get across is that things change in the City (music tastes) but one thing remains the same, Sheffield United and now we're back in the PL. Kind are our future but let's not forget how we got here and who got us there.
Billy Sharp. He says so in the song.

They sure did.

Only in S2

Well its also an opportunity to teach your lad about how sponsors are only there to make us corporate slaves! If anything he'll have the limited edition version.

Is there a specific reason for that? Under 18s not allowed to wear certain types of sponsorship under PL rules or something?

At first glance;

Not sure about the home shirt
Away shirt looks fantastic
That sponsor is hideous.

I suspect it's fair to say that the video/music choice reflects a contemporary Sheffield and the next generation of United fans. You only have to look at the popularity of acts like Stormzy and Santan Dave at Glasto this weekend to realize that Hip-hop is very much Main Stream, so speaks to / for an overwhelming large section of young British society.

I understand what you are saying and i agree, yeah, that is the way music is going. I respect that. I just don't see the relevance of "grime" in relation to a kit launch and believe the club could have marketed this better of aiming for the younger generation.

I could be wrong and it's just my opinion but i wasn't keen.

Santan Dave, never heard of him if honest, it's definitely moved on from Chas n Dave!

UTB!

Did a quick search and couldn't find any reference of this:

I like it.
Did you search on owlstalk for "premier league kit for premier league team" or something?

Ashamed, but Leeds new grey away shirt looks ok.

Is it white or light grey??

Been down to the shop today & seen it in the flesh. I'd say a little of both, mostly white but with a fine grey stitched into it in a Matrix text kind of effect...

Not sure if any of that make sense 🤷‍♂️

Really like the home and away kits and think the new sponsor logo has been adapted well to fit in to our colour scheme...... I also like that it's been put on there without a bloody big white box around it.

I'm afraid the kids kit just doesn't look right IMO. I know we have to stick by the rules but my little 'un is going to know his shirt is different to the player's...... Personally I think they should have left the kids kit plain with no sponsor like other clubs have done.

Back
Top Bottom