Match Thread 12/08/23 - Sheffield United v. Crystal Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CRY
CRY
CRY
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1691011797830.png vs. 1691011807318.png

Premier League Matchweek 1 - Saturday 12th August 2023 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-crystal-palace.657/

Officials:

Referee: John Brooks
Assistants: Lee Betts, Akil Howson
Fourth Official: Sam Allison
VAR: Tony Harrington
Assistant VAR: Eddie Smart

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

palace.png

Last edited:

Exactly what we are all staying this morning.., despite the new signings we are relegation fodder…

Non of the new boys deemed ready to start a game shows where our level of recruitment was at.

Can only imagine hamers reg wasn’t through in time as he played last week for cov.

In Hecky and I think maybe Slimane’s defence I think given where the squad is at Hecky might’ve decided to go with players he knows today if we’re not going to have much of the ball and not be able to do much with it when we have got it those who know there roles defensively might have been a priority for him

I see it to a point but… that side isn’t good enough to win or even draw. It’s objectively not even championship

It’s basically a free hit given where we are signings wise. Why not just throw them in - I can’t see this line up scoring so it’s not like it’s could go any worse

Going for a shock win by the Blades as everyone seems to have written us off already like they did last time we went up.

I mean c'mon if we do lose its hardly going to be a surprise. :D

Exactly what we are all staying this morning.., despite the new signings we are relegation fodder…

Non of the new boys deemed ready to start a game shows where our level of recruitment was at.

Can only imagine hamers reg wasn’t through in time as he played last week for cov.
Oh give over ffs.

This midfield is simply due to Hamer not being registered in time and VS only just joining the club. Slimane is one I'm unsure of, but there's still ample time for him to be included.

The idea that a makeshift midfield that is a result of external circumstances and one we'll probably not see again this season making us relegation fodder is flag-waving, bed-wetting nonsense. Pull yourself together lad.

I expected Hecky and Co. to go conservative at the start, but this has made a tough game look nearly impossible to get anything from... Currently.

I thought Slimane would have been a shoe-in for midfield, at least.

UTB as ever though!

I see it to a point but… that side isn’t good enough to win or even draw. It’s objectively not even championship

It’s basically a free hit given where we are signings wise. Why not just throw them in - I can’t see this line up scoring so it’s not like it’s could go any worse
I can see your argument as well that line up screams playing for a point to me and whilst that would normally drive me up the wall in any situation I can’t bring myself to blame Hecky for it. We’re playing a squad that’s a least 50% players who are too old or too young.

Hamer and Souza are good starts but our transfer business needs to ramp up significantly

In Hecky and I think maybe Slimane’s defence I think given where the squad is at Hecky might’ve decided to go with players he knows today if we’re not going to have much of the ball and not be able to do much with it when we have got it those who know there roles defensively might have been a priority for him

I think you’re right, it’s not a time to throw in Slimane and maybe Trusty as well. Just give them a bit more time to settle into the system and when they do play, a few more of the new signings should be available.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Why isn't he starting any of the new signings? Surely Slim is better than ancient Bash and Osborne.

I feel this is one last cry for help from Hecky. The Palace team looks fast and tricky. All our pace is on the bench. Bash Norwood and Osborn must be the slowest and most negative midfield we could come up with.

Inclined to agree. Making a point, but to who ? Prince wants out

I'd been happy to see our relegation rivals being given difficult opening day matches v Arsenal and Man City. We were lucky to get Palace at home, a winnable game.....and put out that team.

Welcome to the Premier League 😴

Can any one argue that

sharp Clark Duffy fleck Coutts (in league 1) doesn’t absolutely DESTROY osula traore bash Norwood Osborn.

Only Norwood gets close to the league 1 line up

Wow, that is about the most non-creative side as possible at this level?

Still, excited for the new season even though it will be really tough.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Let's be honest--that midfield, other than Norwood, wouldn't make Wednesday's side.

Wes -- Mid championship level
Robinson - Lower championship level
Lowe - Lower championship level
Basham - Past it, lower championship level
Osborn - Lower championship level
Osula - Potential, but he's L1 level at the moment

This is a team to beat Derby's record.

Bash is a leader. We’ve seen him carve through man city with one of his mazy runs. He might not be the most gifted but he has a winners mentality. Not ideal but we have nothing to lose (apart from the game) as we know our team will improve from here.

Back
Top Bottom