‘Fans need to do their part’

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would it improve the rest of the team? If not there's no point being there, can watch the highlights on telly. Yesterday that won't take long.
The crowd make a huge difference, players mention it here and other clubs.
That's because they are too stupid to say anything else so they waffle the same platitudes

Our home crowd is terrible, I’m part of the problem as I will only make noise if I get irate.

There really needs to be some concerted noise from the back of the kop and SS G&H blocks but there’s been nothing for weeks (Spurs game aside).

Players waiting for fans and fans waiting for players, it’s not going to happen!

Aye, God forbid these fucking wank fans ever take any responsibility.

If you need to be entertained first in order to make a noise then at least stop classing yourself as a 'supporter' and refer to yourself as 'a reactor to stuff' or at best, a 'spectator', since support is clearly not the reason you showed up.
Just a thought but how many clubs have their own anthem sung twice a game as perhaps a reminder that each one of the majority joining in, are there by choice and having shown that regular commitment can reasonably want to be entertained.
I imagine the GCB is a large part of what encourages players to join the club?
Never mind our expectations, what do the players expect once we've given them a rousing reception prior to/during kick off.
I still sing my heart out in the BLUT with many other aging fans😉.
That's part of my reason for still going when I can.But I want to be entertained.
Otherwise what's the point🤔.

Our home crowd is terrible, I’m part of the problem as I will only make noise if I get irate.

There really needs to be some concerted noise from the back of the kop and SS G&H blocks but there’s been nothing for weeks (Spurs game aside).

Players waiting for fans and fans waiting for players, it’s not going to happen!

Don't look to the back of the kop, those lads are too busy checking their phones and slapping each other's bums

I had a word with myself yesterday and told myself that I would encourage- no matter what

I found myself saying out loud

Hard luck John , that’s not the pass you intended

Nice try Bogle , even if it started a Luton attack

I’m sure you can jump higher Sander but good effort anyway

I could see you expected that ball to come straight to you Wes - never mind I’m sure we will pull this back

That’s the ticket Hecky , let’s see what Billy can do

Oh dear Macatee you seem to have no one on the left to pass to or help you - they’ll be there for you next time

Nice possession football John / Anel

Oh dear John , bet you’d keep your legs closed next time

Good shout Hecky , better very very late than never

So - I tried my best

Which is more than I can say for the fkin half arsed abject no show £25k a week shower who were in red and white

its been pretty flat at the lane all season hasnt it especially the last 3 months but heckys tactics have to play a big part in this his boring defensive tactics neither entertain or excite our fans

Its works both ways, if they want the fans cheering, give them something to cheer about.

And also why was it left up to Fleck to be in the left back position instead of the actual defender???????
He was there probably because he knew the ball wouldn't be there. Fleck was beyond awful yesterday

Come on, the way we were playing yesterday the fans couldnt have done anything.

Oh come on, do we have to go over this again? As a supporter, it is allowed to try to encourage the team at any stage, you do not need to get permission from the players to do so. Would we still have lost if the Kop was making positive noise rather than, if not doing absolutely nothing, creating an air of nervous negativity and barracking in what was already a high pressure game? Probably, but the crowd yesterday certainly did not help the team in the slightest.

Blades fans have to stand proud and stay loyal. If by next week this awful run of form puts us in the playoffs spots…Game on!
We all need to ensure the remainder of the season doesn’t turn into a total capitulation of laughing stock proportions. They might not be as good as we thought they were. But whatever we think of them, we need to get behind this ailing team.

Sick of people mentioning this.

Why does singing impact our players ability to score a goal? Why does it impact our managers ability to pick the right team and make the right substitutions?

Luton fans didn’t make 10 seconds of noise the entire game and they won the game. Clearly Blades fans not singing is the issue

The players need to give us a reason to sing, get a bit of fire in their belly, a bit of passion and determination to get us off of our seat.

Stop suggesting the fans need to be better, we have 28k fans each week, that’s good enough for the players to realise who they are playing for.
It doesn't help when the team selection deflates you before a ball is kicked

I'd say the crowd support is a long way down the list of why we are struggling. Yes it could be noisier. However I am not sure the fans have particularly got on their backs during a poor run.

The manager and players need to set the tone.

I went to Hillsborough over Xmas and it was deathly silent. They still won easily. There are other teams at the top of leagues where it is quiet too.

The fans will respond if the team plays with energy or there's a challenge, goalmouth action. Look at the Spurs game.

The players form and results has fell off a cliff because they are simply not playing well. They aren't winning battles and not being brave enough with the ball.

To criticise the fans for our drop off is a poor take. We've watched some right rubbish over the years but can live with it if players work hard/show quality but this current team for all the ability it might have is serving up very little entertainment. We did not have one proper shot (outside of the Egan scramble) all game! They have to give the crowd something. Anything.

Can’t really see people blaming them. People are saying the atmosphere can help or hinder performances. It’s hardly a revolutionary concept - our ride to finished top half of the PL and subsequent collapse is one example where loss of atmosphere played its part.
I suppose I’m referring more to a Facebook Page in which the alleged lack of atmosphere is suggested as a reason for successive poor home performances.

Sick of people mentioning this.

Why does singing impact our players ability to score a goal? Why does it impact our managers ability to pick the right team and make the right substitutions?

Luton fans didn’t make 10 seconds of noise the entire game and they won the game. Clearly Blades fans not singing is the issue

The players need to give us a reason to sing, get a bit of fire in their belly, a bit of passion and determination to get us off of our seat.

Stop suggesting the fans need to be better, we have 28k fans each week, that’s good enough for the players to realise who they are playing for.
Put it this way, and I'm going back to when I was playing at junior level. If my dad was stood on the touchline giving me support and applauding a pass or cheering a goal of which there were plenty, and giving me general support, I found it easy to play. When my dad wasn't there doing that and the manager was cursing me instead because the centre half who was bigger and faster than me had a marker on me so I was limited for example, the manager would be moaning and groaning.

It helps to have the support. It's not hard to work that out. Support the players and they'll respond positively.

Slag them off and they're swimming against the tide.

I suppose I’m referring more to a Facebook Page in which the alleged lack of atmosphere is suggested as a reason for successive poor home performances.
Your first mistake is reading those blades fan pages on Facebook. So many kiss-arses on them it's unreal.

Why are we even more insipid away from home then ?
I haven't been away for that long now it's embarrassing, but what's the demograph? With the loyalty points bollocks that rewards those who go again and again, I'm guessing the demograph is possibly the slightly older fan? The quieter fan? The fan who travels on official coaches?

Of course, there will be younger ones but I am actually asking a question rather than making a statement.

It's like going to the theatre for a lot these days. Why they don't do that or something similar is beyond me. You attend a match to get involved. It's £30-40 cheaper to watch on the TV. The following at blackburn was shit too tbh, and we dominated the first half. Bramall Lane is rapidly becoming one of the easiest grounds to play at. It's all very weird. If it's this bad now imagine what it'd be like in a mid table/ relegation season. Absolutely toxic.

Fan noise obviously helps but the only impact on home games I can see is the nervous atmosphere. Sure, it's a response to how we're playing but it must feed into the players. It's easy to play at home when you're doing well and crowd is behind you. Not so easy when things not going well and fans are having a go at the players. Sometimes, in that situation, the players might prefer to play away.

Players play well, get the fans off thier seats..

Players need to play well, manager needs to make that happen..

No game has ever been won by fans in the stands.

Edit: 27000 fans yesterday.. Isn't that enough for the players to be happy?

Blades fans have to stand proud and stay loyal. If by next week this awful run of form puts us in the playoffs spots…Game on!
We all need to ensure the remainder of the season doesn’t turn into a total capitulation of laughing stock proportions. They might not be as good as we thought they were. But whatever we think of them, we need to get behind this ailing team.
I think it might be a tad late for that after losing to the four teams immediately below us, if that is not a capitulation I don't know what is.

Last edited:
I'd say the crowd support is a long way down the list of why we are struggling. Yes it could be noisier. However I am not sure the fans have particularly got on their backs during a poor run.

The manager and players need to set the tone.

I went to Hillsborough over Xmas and it was deathly silent. They still won easily. There are other teams at the top of leagues where it is quiet too.

The fans will respond if the team plays with energy or there's a challenge, goalmouth action. Look at the Spurs game.

The players form and results has fell off a cliff because they are simply not playing well. They aren't winning battles and not being brave enough with the ball.

To criticise the fans for our drop off is a poor take. We've watched some right rubbish over the years but can live with it if players work hard/show quality but this current team for all the ability it might have is serving up very little entertainment. We did not have one proper shot (outside of the Egan scramble) all game! They have to give the crowd something. Anything.
I think
Fan noise obviously helps but the only impact on home games I can see is the nervous atmosphere. Sure, it's a response to how we're playing but it must feed into the players. It's easy to play at home when you're doing well and crowd is behind you. Not so easy when things not going well and fans are having a go at the players. Sometimes, in that situation, the players might prefer to play away.
dont agree with targeting certain or any players as objects for abuse. Not sure how it helps. Current failure is down to Hecky and the owners who’s apparent lack of judgement led to a transfer embargo

Why does singing impact our players ability to score a goal?
If course it impacts the game.

If the atmosphere against Tottenham had been like yesterday, we wouldn't have won.
Not only does it lift our players, it makes the opposition nervous and edgy and can lead to them making mistakes.

Yesterday's atmosphere was pathetic

It wasn't great yesterday was it. Flat as a fart, more than usual tbh.
I'm looking fwds to Sunderland away where the real fans can get behind us, the fans that were there in L1 and not the new wave of student fans or other hangers on from the prem seasons. Its them that are killing us at home IMO.

It wasn't great yesterday was it. Flat as a fart, more than usual tbh.
I'm looking fwds to Sunderland away where the real fans can get behind us, the fans that were there in L1 and not the new wave of student fans or other hangers on from the prem seasons. Its them that are killing us at home IMO.
Disagree. It's those who've stood at the back of the kop for years and can't be arsed anymore but can be arsed to keep renewing the STs to hang on to the seats. This is where the noise should come from but not enough does

One time I went to a match with tonsillitis and I'd completely lost my voice, we lost the match and I've never forgiven myself for my part in it.

Back
Top Bottom