What's the Score? Are We Clinical Enough?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kenilworth

Forged in Steel - Fooked in Riyadh
Reaction score
Seen this on twatter.
From the three games to dats it shows us to have the worst record of shots on target to scoring from them.
Not too bad from saves made from on target shots.
Goals Save %.jpg

We're not clinical enough. 3 games 1 goal*

*ignoring the legitimate goals which have been chalked off

From the two games I've seen, Brentford and today, we've been bloody unlucky to not score more, I'm not worried about us not being clinical enough yet

We need another striker . On clear cut chances today we could/Should have had 3 .

Having said all that though I was quite pleased with today .

Seen this on twatter.
From the three games to dats it shows us to have the worst record of shots on target to scoring from them.
Not too bad from saves made from on target shots.
View attachment 29721

if I was a betting man I'd suggest that it's not feasible that Ipswich will continue to scored 9 out of every 10 shots - doesn't seem sustainable

Too small a data sample to be overly concerned about. But we do miss a few and it will probably cost us promotion this season.

Too small a data sample to be overly concerned about. But we do miss a few and it will probably cost us promotion this season.
Agree but I thought is was an interesting table that could also indicate which sides have had a bit of fortune, so far. Something we haven't had a sniff of in 4 game IMO.

Our finishing needs to improve vastly, both in and out of the box. It was particularly sloppy today, especially in light of our decent attack and defence.

Thought we created a lot today. Very happy with that. Plenty of attempts and a good proportion on target. Davies by far MoM for them

Agree but I thought is was an interesting table that could also indicate which sides have had a bit of fortune, so far. Something we haven't had a sniff of in 4 game IMO.
Yeah. All I can say though is two losses on the trot and we turn in a match winning performance against our local rivals. That's all I'm really bothered about right now. Fortress Bramall Lane. Come on.

I would be really interested to know how many goals we have disallowed in the last 2 seasons, 3 already this season and there must have been 10-15 last year. There was 3 in one game!

Yeah. All I can say though is two losses on the trot and we turn in a match winning performance against our local rivals. That's all I'm really bothered about right now. Fortress Bramall Lane. Come on.
100%
Very impressed with performace and chances created.
Bit nervy last 10-15 though. Seen too many games versus Dingles where we have bossed them and they get a spozzy equaliser or a winner out of nowt.
Typical that a shot from distance would spin off a block right into the path of one of theirs to slot. Pleased that didn't happen today.

Excellent today, a tad more quality we would have run out easy winners by a big margin.

PS Brooks looks the business

100%
Very impressed with performace and chances created.
Bit nervy last 10-15 though. Seen too many games versus Dingles where we have bossed them and they get a spozzy equaliser or a winner out of nowt.
Typical that a shot from distance would spin off a block right into the path of one of theirs to slot. Pleased that didn't happen today.
Yeah, very tense. I was also expecting the inevitable but for a change it didn't happen. It would have been a travesty though.

No doubt we'll have to improve. But early on last season we were beating the likes of Peterboro & Bristol Rovers by narrow 1-0s.

So long as the points keep building at this stage, then fine.

To answer the OP exactly - then NO.

Today's game should have been over and done with at HT. The hand ball or apparently not hand ball near the end today shows what can happen at 1 nil.

UTB

We need another two strikers.

Clarke and Hanson can go back to League 1.

Yes we need to convert more of our chances but I'll file that table next to the one where Huddersfield finished 6th with a negative goal difference. Only 1 column that counts and that's points.

Yes we need to convert more of our chances but I'll file that table next to the one where Huddersfield finished 6th with a negative goal difference. Only 1 column that counts and that's points.
Are they the only team in history to win promotion with negative goal difference?

I already know that we are the only team to ever be relegated with a positive goal difference.

Back
Top Bottom