We’ve got to say

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lane Ender

Reaction score
We will stick by him (for now) but CW has made some bad errors in the transfer market

If he signs from lower leagues (Thomas) and it doesn't turn out to be a Ollie Watkins or Jack Marriott - Wilders got it wrong.

If he signs someone from same league who should be proven but doesn't make an impact (Stearman, Evans) - Wilders got it wrong.

If Wilder splashes the cash (Egan) and we lose two games out of two - Wilders got it wrong.

Seems to me that fans are demanding Wilder has a transfer policy where he crystal balls all the young, lower league talent and signs them for peanuts and/or pay the going rate for proven, capable players who must come in and make an impact.

Tough crowd to please. Perhaps some fans would be wise to remember the Madkins style of recruitment if they think things are bad at the minute.

Can I get 'fuck off' now before someone points out that an Adkins team is above us in the league?

Lets face it- for (almost) every manager we’ve had, whether loved, loathed or inbetween, you can name a good signing AND a bad one. Clough rightfully got some stick for some of his transfers, but whos complaining now about Coutts, Basham and Freeman? Brayford first time was a masterstroke; second time a disaster. Adkins was appalling and gave us Woolford and Hammond- but he also gave us Billy Sharp. Likewise, you can moan about some of Wilders write-offs; Hussey, both James Wilsons, Holmes etc. But I’ll raise you JOC, Jake Wright, Duffy, Clarke and majorly Simon Moore who was a hugely decisive signing at an absolutely critical moment- Wilder smashed that one out of the park.

Wilders misses have all been low risk. His hits have been pretty influential.

Good points Kopped.

Too many know-alls round here for my liking. Easy to find fault and be negative. My glass is always half full.

HH

Too many pointing the finger at Wilder, the tossers on the board seem to be getting an easy ride, it's those fuckers who've put the hand cuffs on Chris.

Wilder is in a thankless position, and needs leaving alone.

Unitedites backed Dave Bassett in noise and numbers when we failed to win our first 16 games in 1990. He led us to better things in the end.

I firmly believe that our fans (perhaps football fans generally) have degraded in character as the culture of football has deteriorated over the years.

A few puzzling decisions notwithstanding, the implication that Chris Wilder should somehow be on borrowed time is ludicrous. Many of us have stood by managers not fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as CW for a lot longer. He has earned the right to be shown a lot more faith than he has been from some supporters. I can think of NOBODY I would rather have at the helm than him.

Is that blind adoration? No, it's looking at things in the context of his tenure at Bramall Lane and concluding that somebody who pulled us up from the gutter and had us still in with a chance of a play-off spot with 44 games played last season deserves at the very least our support and perseverance.

Unitedites backed Dave Bassett in noise and numbers when we failed to win our first 16 games in 1990. He led us to better things in the end.

I firmly believe that our fans (perhaps football fans generally) have degraded in character as the culture of football has deteriorated over the years.

A few puzzling decisions notwithstanding, the implication that Chris Wilder should somehow be on borrowed time is ludicrous. Many of us have stood by managers not fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as CW for a lot longer. He has earned the right to be shown a lot more faith than he has been from some supporters. I can think of NOBODY I would rather have at the helm than him.

Is that blind adoration? No, it's looking at things in the context of his tenure at Bramall Lane and concluding that somebody who pulled us up from the gutter and had us still in with a chance of a play-off spot with 44 games played last season deserves at the very least our support and perseverance.

One of the best posts on here ever. Seriously.

Not even a lefty cunt joke to be had......

:rolleyes:

Query yes, but wait for the answers from Wilder. I'm still waiting. But If we'd bailed on Bassett and the team that year, we'd have been down by Christmas.

Away games in particular, that really was a time to be a Blade. Everywhere we went we showed them what support was.

We will stick by him (for now) but CW has made some bad errors in the transfer market
We haven't got to say that at all. We could say, 'this bloke, single handededly almost, has transformed the club from a crock of shit into a club that we can be proud of, playing a style of play of play that most fans, neutrals, and opponents respect and admire, into a club where we we now expect bigger and better things, even though there is a shitstorm going on above his head at the same time.
I genuinely don't believe that we could have a better Manager at this time. He's not perfect, but he's pretty damned good, and deserved better than some of the crap he is getting from some fans.

I hope the people criticising Chris wilder will be this vocal at the lane where I’m sure there’ll be a queue forming to have words with them if they do.

it’s more likely we won’t hear a peep will we as they’ll be sat at home trying to find out how Wendy are going on..

The man is doing an unbelievable job, financially shackled by our pathetic squabbling owners who are doing thier level best to take the train off the rails and reverse any progress that the club has made under wilder...

Blades posting crap like this need to be very careful what they wish for ( if you indeed are one of us, which I have my doubts ) because everybody needs to support the best manager weve had since Warnock, he’s doing an incredible job under immense pressure, conditions and restrictions..

Oh, and he’s clearly been shafted over the transfer kitty when he needed to move Evans on in order to provide funds to do “a few bits in the loan window” ...

Want to vent your anger, look upward to the boardroom, that at least is justified.

If we did what DB did in this era DB would have been sacked by around September- the fans would have demanded it, possibly after our 1-0 loss to Coventry.

No.....no, you are wrong! It’s not we......it’s you!

For me, Chris Wilder and Alan Knill have been the saviours of my club. They have given us good exciting football and times. Yes, they have made mistakes but, who doesn’t? I will not shout for CW’s head until he has decimated the club back below where he took tenure. I have seen lots of managers come and go, some good, some bad but none (and this includes Lord Harry) who have held the club so close to his heart. Like the players, he will put himself on the line not just for the club but also us supporters because he is one of us.

He has earned the right to respect from us and patience. In my eyes, until we are in threat of relegation from league one, I want Chris Wilder in charge of my club and I know a lot of Blades who have similar thoughts so no, Lane Ender, WE DON’T HAVE TO SAY!

No.....no, you are wrong! It’s not we......it’s you!

For me, Chris Wilder and Alan Knill have been the saviours of my club. They have given us good exciting football and times. Yes, they have made mistakes but, who doesn’t? I will not shout for CW’s head until he has decimated the club back below where he took tenure. I have seen lots of managers come and go, some good, some bad but none (and this includes Lord Harry) who have held the club so close to his heart. Like the players, he will put himself on the line not just for the club but also us supporters because he is one of us.

He has earned the right to respect from us and patience. In my eyes, until we are in threat of relegation from league one, I want Chris Wilder in charge of my club and I know a lot of Blades who have similar thoughts so no, Lane Ender, WE DON’T HAVE TO SAY!
I’m not shouting for his head

I, for one, have never wanked in, or on, an armchair. I want to make that quite clear.

Ah no, see, you've missed the point. It's wanking over armchairs.

You know, those lovely, sexy armchairs.

Mmm....

Oxford_Wingback_Armchair_Elite_Charcoal_1gCJYZVboUE.jpg

...see, doesn't that get you going? Doesn't it get you in the mood?

horny-gif-3.gif GO2x.gif
GNsGzRC.gif
tumblr_mu0pe6MUDk1r62irro1_500.gif

I’m not shouting for his head
Maybe my reaction to you is a little over the top but CW has done more as a manager than any other in recent years. He doesn’t need mistakes pointing out because his own evaluation will take care of them (Hussey, Carruthers etc). I just feel that, as supporters, we should be MANager managing. Giving him the In Wilder We Trust rather than saying I’ll support you, for now because after that sentence it will always follow with a but, even if it’s never actually spoken.

Sorry for the OTT response:confused:

Stick by him? And only "for now"?
He is literally the the best man in football for the job and we don't know how lucky we are to have him.
Fans like you deserve a lifetime of Cloughs and Adams.
Egan WILL get stronger, the City lad will come in, Woodburn will be fire and the Evans replacement will be an improvement almost definatley.
2 of our best ever seasons behind us and your loyalty wades after 2 games. It says more about some of you as people as it does as football fans.
I've been so embarassed this week on here.

Back
Top Bottom