The Referee today-

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladesman

The Great Grumbleduke
Reaction score
Thought he was poor. Very eager to give yellows to us. Did their 7 elbow Egan? Agree about Ref Asst on South Stand side. Gave an incredibly poor offside against Blades bang in line with us, throw ins often wrong.
We had a corner towards the end of the game which had gone well out of play and should have been a goal kick. I think that linesman was just guessing for the entire match.

RossoDeltic

Reaction score
We had a corner towards the end of the game which had gone well out of play and should have been a goal kick. I think that linesman was just guessing for the entire match.
We spotted that one too.

Harry's Game

Reaction score
Tin hat on here.

I don’t think he was too bad, a couple of questionable bookings but he didn’t fall for the pathetic diving from the usual Leeds suspects.

Can’t blame him for the defeat or for having. Lines men who thought the ball had to two widths out to put their flags up.

Last edited:

Trafford

Reaction score
Having just watched the replay, If the linesmen had been on their A game today, most of our best chances would have been flagged for offside, including Billy’s header.

Deadbat

Reaction score
Thats the thing both chances first half were offside.

Toronto Blade

Round the bend in the river
Reaction score
He had a thing for shirt pulling today.He did allow weeds to get away with a glaring time added cross into their box the weeds player must have walked off with half a Blade shirt in his hand.

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn’t see one bad offside decision
There was one in front of me that couldn't have been more obvious if he'd brought a big 'i'm offside' sign and been prodding the lino (who was looking straight at him) saying 'i' m offside mate'.

Large Mendonca

Team 163 Flouncemeister
Reaction score
There was one in front of me that couldn't have been more obvious if he'd brought a big 'i'm offside' sign and been prodding the lino (who was looking straight at him) saying 'i' m offside mate'.
First half ?

Deadbat

Reaction score
He had a thing for shirt pulling today.He did allow weeds to get away with a glaring time added cross into their box the weeds player must have walked off with half a Blade shirt in his hand.
Baldock was lucky not to get penalised fur two gravd of the shirt in the box. I have watched the game back and to be honest we should have had McGoldrick sent off. It was an awful tackle. Indeed Stevens might have gone too. It was not inconceivable we could have had 9 men by half time.

Last edited:

Brian Blessed

Reaction score
Baldock was lucky not to get penalised fur two gravd of the shirt in the box. I have watched the game back and to be honest we should have had McGoldrick sent off. It was an awful tackle. Indeed Stevens might have gone too. It was not inconceivable we could have had 9 men by half time.
Baldock got away with a a shocking tackle in the first half as well - and then got what should have been a second yellow later.

TommyAndy

Reaction score
Seriously no one's going to talk about the 2 throw ins we should have had, one they clearly headed out then one that they crossed in that didn't touch any other players? He also gave us one that should've been theirs! All the officials were shit!

SwitchBLADE Smiles

Reaction score
Wasn't just the ref who was itching to book every United 'foul'. The commentator on Sky was practically complaining about the LACK of yellow cards being dished out to United players for these fouls.

There was a period in the first half when Kemar Roofe had eyes on Egan, watched him all the way & body checked him. The ref (rightly) gave a foul to United & the commentator complained as he didn't see anything wrong. A minute later, Stevens tripped their winger (think it was Hernandez) & he was again complaining about the lack of yellow card. Unreal bias.

Liverpool blade

Reaction score
He was the same referee who saw nothing wrong with sordell’s challenge on coutts that broke his leg!!.
That says it all I think!!.
He was inept but so were his assistants.
We move on to the next game. Onwards and upwards hopefully?. UTB

espoo blade

Reaction score
Although Stevens was lucky not to get a second yellow (wtf was he thinking flying in like that on the halfway line?!) the one he got earlier shouldn't have been given...the Leeds player clearly clipped him first...and as he fell he just happened to try and rip the lad's shirt off! :D Don't think McGoldrick meant his foul. To me it looked like he was trying to step over the ball to shield it, but as their guy came in a bit quicker than he anticipated it ended up looking pretty nasty. Should probably have been a booking. Baldock very lucky to get away with that challenge on Hernandez!

Reaction score
The ref started the day giving us the benefit of doubt for the first couple of decisions and then all of a sudden started booking us for no reason( see enda Stevens booking) . After that it was a slow but sure mind game into our players( see billy sharpe every time he challenged for a ball) then one by one having a word with many blades players, affecting all there games.

spongebobblade

Reaction score
Agree that Stevens should have had a free kick before his foul for his booking but from where I was sat the Norwood one looked particularly harsh (although I’ve not watched it back) No complaints with the others but I did feel we were penalised when similar Leeds fouls weren’t. As for the lino’s, it was a toss up which could fuck up the most. The one at the kop end nicked it at the death with the ridiculous throw in to Leeds which the big centre half headed out from distance unchallenged. Ultimately though as shit as they all were it didn’t affect the result at all

Stretch

Upstanding Member
Reaction score
He was bloody awful, but to be fair we got away with one or two. Not often it works in our favour.

derekacorah

Reaction score
I don't normally criticise refs, but that guy today was pedantic in the extreme. At one point I thought he was trying to book the whole team. 7 yellow cards in all and there wasn't a single bad tackle out there - quite ridiculous actually. I'm surprised no one got sent off - I thought we were heading for that scenario. And that linesman...oh boy! He saw offsides when there weren't any and he couldn't even get the direction of the throw-ins correct.
There were a few bad tackles, however bookings weren't given for them. Inconsistent reffing to the extreme and he made a rod for his own back with the Stevens booking. It did make me laugh when he booked Roofe for pretty much nothing just because the Blades players crowded him out and complained a bit.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom