Referee Analyst - Will we see one at The Lane.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
In a crazy, modern footballing world of VAR and contraversy, it seems that clubs are now reaching out for further expertise and advice in order to give them a bit more oomph in challenging the ever occuring dodgy decisions.

The latest being Forest....

For those who didn't know, they have now appointed former ref Mark Clattenburg as their full time referee analyst. They state that they have developed the role in order to "help understanding and relationships"..... Really?

Forest have been extremely vocal in challenging dodgy decisions this year and it seems they may be the first club to seek consultation in order to enpower them in the eventuality thar they need it. Will they eventually use his expertise to launch the first legal challenge of the VAR system??

What are the thoughts??... Will this role take off? Will we eventually be forced to bring our own in to protect ourselves, as other clubs steal a potential advantage and bias?

Maybe I'm being cynical here, but that sounds suspect to me. Employ a former high profile referee to some random role (probably in hopes that his "mates" give more favourable decisions and more 50-50s to them).

So we have to spend money to make sure the match officials are doing their job?

This just looks like Mark Clattenburg lining his pockets again to me.

We shouldn't have to, you are right.

It is all very bizarre and makes you wonder who is going to benefit most from such a role? Clattenburg can't influence anything during a match, but do they hope that the pressure of having him within the club will influence the way that referee's think and treat Forest going forwards?... That said, dodgy decisions get plenty of scrutiny in the media by ex oficials and pundits.

Back
Top Bottom