Team for Saturday?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stick with it. Let's see how they get on against a projected relegation side rather than against likely top 6 contenders.

Same starting 11, same subs, for me.

Subs bench is already looking useful & influential.

Ready to use subs after 60 mins if it needs a shake up , don't hang on

---------------------Blackman-------------------
--------Brayford-----Wright---------JOC-------
----Freeman------------------------------Lafferty----
-----------------Coutts---------Fleck---------------
-----------------------Brooks---------------------------
-----------Evans-------------------Sharp-----------

Changes needed. For me Brayford is far too good to be sat at home. If we were playing a better team I'd be tempted to put Basham in the midfield 3 and push fleck further forward. If Baldock was fit then he'd be in for freeman too .
Keep BASH and Brayford in for Freeman, I think he needs to gather himself n a rest won't hurt.

Well we haven't seen much change up to now, Wilder has stuck to his principles and stuck by most of the players that did the business last season.

But, if they aren't up to it he will change things for sure.
Lafferty may well get a chance...Freeman has apparently been hammered a bit tonight so might get dropped. I don't however think it will happen.. yet. I think Baldock will come in when fit.
Reckon one change will be forced with stearman. And only other option is Wright or Brayford.
Midfield we have no choice but to stick. Duffy is building fitness as he's 3 weeks behind the rest. Brooks isn't ready yet.
Ched has been the best striker for me. He has looked sharpest and most dangerous. But would like Wilder to make signings that we need.
Has to be at least one striker and a centre back. With quality and Pace.
Up to Mr Mitchell to find them, and the board to be decisive and realise it's needed to be done sharpish. No pissing about.

No pissing about ? Much like we have done chasing Holmes/ Leanord all summer?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilder going 4 at the back in this game and then going to a back three if the game needs closing out.

Blackman
Freeman Basham O'Connell Stevens
Brooks Coutts Fleck Duffy
Sharp Evans

Given the lack of options in defence, your only other alternative is to omit Brooks/Duffy and include Wright and that's clearly taking out an attacking outlet in favour of a purely defensive one.

Evans has looked lively enough to merit 60 minutes from the start.

The players that are missing always seem better than they really are BUT I do think Daffy links midfield to attack better than Carruthers, Ched has looked more lively than Sharp, and Brooks is the direct, pace exciting player we are desperately needing.
I honestly think he could make all three changes.
I'm not giving up on Stevens yet, I think he's still finding his feet and will come good very soon.

Would like to see Brooks given a start but I think Wilder will opt for Duffy.

Blackman
Basham Wright JOC
Freeman. Coutts Fleck Lafferty
Duffy Brooks
Evans

Bottled it Ched n Brooks needed to start , need more impact early doors

Billy will be subbed after 1 hour for Evans. Duffy will be subbed around the same time for Carruthers. Brooks won't get on the pitch today. The score will be 2-1 to the Blades. Hope I've not spoiled it for anyone?

Stevens, Freeman, Clarke, Basham are in the firing line they have to impress today to keep their places in the team, perhaps even the squad.

I'm all for loyalty but you have to be ruthless to survive, and I'm sure Wilder knows that. Here's hoping they rise to the occasion.

Good to see Brayford back on the bench as well.

To be fair to Wilder, Clarke and Sharp have not had the service. Yes, Brooks and Evans have looked decent when coming on, but we need to create more. Duffy was (far more) instrumental in the team last season than Carruthers, and so I think it's fair to see what we create today. I'm sure if it's not going our way the two subs will be on sooner than they have been.

Come on blades we need a win to get some confidence back.

Bit disappointed with that selection, but who cares if we get the win.

The right team IMO, Duffy has been missed, last season he was the link between midfield and strikers

we scored a shed load last season with Duffy in that attacking mid role

'In wilder we trust'

Unless Ched doesn't start, then people don't trust his judgement. Some people really need to let it go, Wilder isn't leaving Ched on the bench to spite a section of fans. Believe it or not, he knows what he is doing.

'In wilder we trust'

Unless Ched doesn't start, then people don't trust his judgement. Some people really need to let it go, Wilder isn't leaving Ched on the bench to spite a section of fans. Believe it or not, he knows what he is doing.

I trust Wilder but I still have my own opinions that are sometimes different to Wilder. Nothing wrong with voicing them on here is there?

'In wilder we trust'

So is that how it is, anyone who wants Ched to start is going to be labelled a 'Ched fanatic'? He's looked the best striker out of all of them this season, Wilder is responsible for what happens so let's hope he's got it right with this selection and proves me wrong.

Barnsley would probably much prefer being up against Clarke, criticism of Wilder is fair game and indeed was common currency on here when he signed Ched ironically.

To be fair to Wilder, Clarke and Sharp have not had the service. Yes, Brooks and Evans have looked decent when coming on, but we need to create more. Duffy was (far more) instrumental in the team last season than Carruthers, and so I think it's fair to see what we create today. I'm sure if it's not going our way the two subs will be on sooner than they have been.

Come on blades we need a win to get some confidence back.

Agreed, but sometimes a striker who can create something out of nothing is needed, which they rarely do. See Mendez-laing goal last week for example.

So is that how it is, anyone who wants Ched to start is going to be labelled a 'Ched fanatic'? He's looked the best striker out of all of them this season, Wilder is responsible for what happens so let's hope he's got it right with this selection and proves me wrong.

Barnsley would probably much prefer being up against Clarke, criticism of Wilder is fair game and indeed was common currency on here when he signed Ched ironically.

I trust Wilder but I still have my own opinions that are sometimes different to Wilder. Nothing wrong with voicing them on here is there?

it's true. The point is though, Wilder sees Evans every day, alongside all the other players. There is a perfectly valid reason Evans isn't playing, he might not be fit, he might not be pulling his weight or he might not fit the system. We don't know, but we've seen Evans for less than an hour last week, he's seen him every day. Wilder, the man who got us 100 points last year, doesn't believe he should start and that should be enough for us to also believe it's the right opinion. Let's also remember Evans has only played against tiring legs so far, he might be nowhere near sharp enough to start.

Stevens, Freeman, Clarke, Basham are in the firing line they have to impress today to keep their places in the team, perhaps even the squad.

I'm all for loyalty but you have to be ruthless to survive, and I'm sure Wilder knows that. Here's hoping they rise to the occasion.

Good to see Brayford back on the bench as well.

Delighted to be 'proved wrong' with regards to the selection and great to see those mentioned put in a good shift, even though Clarke will now be out for a while.

UTB :)

Back
Top Bottom