Team for Saturday?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well we haven't seen much change up to now, Wilder has stuck to his principles and stuck by most of the players that did the business last season.

But, if they aren't up to it he will change things for sure.
Lafferty may well get a chance...Freeman has apparently been hammered a bit tonight so might get dropped. I don't however think it will happen.. yet. I think Baldock will come in when fit.
Reckon one change will be forced with stearman. And only other option is Wright or Brayford.
Midfield we have no choice but to stick. Duffy is building fitness as he's 3 weeks behind the rest. Brooks isn't ready yet.
Ched has been the best striker for me. He has looked sharpest and most dangerous. But would like Wilder to make signings that we need.
Has to be at least one striker and a centre back. With quality and Pace.
Up to Mr Mitchell to find them, and the board to be decisive and realise it's needed to be done sharpish. No pissing about.

Has Brayford done enough to get a shirt over Freeman?
He should definitely be on the bench for me as a minimum - provides cover and competition for full back and CB, he's also used to playing at this level!
The club and players need to sort out their differences.
3 very difficult games, not a time to panic the team and management have had a good review of the standards needed to succeed at this level.

Stick with it. Let's see how they get on against a projected relegation side rather than against likely top 6 contenders.

Same starting 11, same subs, for me.

Subs bench is already looking useful & influential.
And risk 3 points?? I say try shuffling it abit, we can always go back, but forward would be better.

I'd start Ched and see how far he can go, same with Duffy, we've got a lot of games close together and whoever doesn't play at the weekend will play in the cup anyway, so keeping people like Clarke and Carruthers fresh for midweek won't do them any harm.

Evans is looking worth a start now.

Stevens hasn't done enough going forward and I'd bring Lafferty back in for now.

Shame Baldock isn't quite fit because I'd put him in too. I suspect he'll be first choice before long.

I think we're better with Duffy from the start.

Blackman

Basham Wright O'Connell

Freeman Coutts Fleck Lafferty

Duffy

Evans Sharp

Subs: Eastwood, Stevens, Lundstram, Carruthers, Brooks, Lavery, Clarke

Might still be too early for Evans to start in the league with his fitness.

But he offers more pace and directness....and striking threat than Sharp and Clarke for me.

I still think we are getting up to our peak fitness, our game is hard work and takes some finding. Just hope we stick to the plan and build rather than panic and revert to past tendencies to lump it.

OK . Questions are being asked about the fitness of our players. There are no excuses, they should be as fit as butcher's dogs.. If other teams are fitter, why is that so? Too many celebrations? I do not know the answer but, if the boys are blowing out of their arses after sixty minutes ,they should do what Bob Booker did. He worked his bollocks off during the summer and became a legend.
Gert your arses in gear lads, you have not becfome bad players overnight but you will need that bit extra this season . UTB . FTP

He should definitely be on the bench for me as a minimum - provides cover and competition for full back and CB, he's also used to playing at this level!
The club and players need to sort out their differences.
3 very difficult games, not a time to panic the team and management have had a good review of the standards needed to succeed at this level.

What are the differences to which you refer?

Ched for Billy
Duffy for Carruthers
Wright for Stearman

What about giving Thomas a go on the left? Put a bit of pace on the pitch. Worth a shot?

Agree re Ched and really not sure whether he takes Clarke's place or Billy's place tbh. Duffy for Carruthers - agreed. Wright for Stearman - yes possibly, or what about playing Brayford there?

Has anyone really nailed down a place in the team so far? Every players place is at risk for me.
This.

Apart from perhaps O'Connell and Blackman, I can't say that any player has adapted like a fish to water yet.

But early days. We may have just played 3 of the top six for all we know.

Based on last night's display, I'd like to see Evans and Brooks come in. They both added much needed pace and urgency, as we looked a little slow beforehand.

Freeman has also looked poor all season and Stearman of course, may be out.

The link from midfield to the forwards is so much better when Duffy plays, for that reason I'd play him and give Clarke and Sharp another go.

Personally I'd probably give Stevens another run in a game just because it would be harsh to drop him after playing in two very difficult games. He hasn't looked like an improvement on Lafferty to me so far though.

---------------------Blackman-------------------
--------Brayford-----Wright---------JOC-------
----Freeman------------------------------Lafferty----
-----------------Coutts---------Fleck---------------
-----------------------Brooks---------------------------
-----------Evans-------------------Sharp-----------

Changes needed. For me Brayford is far too good to be sat at home. If we were playing a better team I'd be tempted to put Basham in the midfield 3 and push fleck further forward. If Baldock was fit then he'd be in for freeman too .

Am I the only one that thought Fleck had a stinker last night? He overhit some very simple balls, played one or two suicide passes (2 yards short), got caught in possession one of which led to their corner from which they scored. We haven't won a midfield header in 3 games and we seem woefully poor at the second balls, which given our lack of height in the department should be where our focus is.

Unfortunately we don't have anyone of quality competition (Lundstram unproven) to force him to up his game.

---------------------Blackman-------------------
--------Basham-----Wright---------JOC-------
----Freeman------------------------------Lafferty----
-----------------Coutts---------Fleck---------------
-----------------------Duffy---------------------------
-----------Evans-------------------Clarke-----------

Subs: Eastwood, Brayford, Thomas, Carruthers, Brooks, Sharp, Lavery

Gives us options to change both wing backs if necessary (Brayford, Thomas). Give Evans an hour or so as he's done well coming on as sub - Sharp could react very well to being benched IMO, it could fire him up even more as he'll want to prove he should start every time.

Lavery on bench as well to give options to change up front if needed....

Centre backs and centre forwards to work all week on being FIRST TO THE BALL - as that looked like it was our main undoing against Cardiff, as far as I could see...

UTB

Light the blue touch paper..........

Jake Wright for Basham and Stearnan to the centre right

And.........

Evans for Sharp (cowers behind sofa!):eek:

No need to cower as I agree about Sharp ....... I would put Brayford in instead of Wright just because he has more pace and is used to the Championship

I would stick with what we had yesterday with the exception of Duffy for Carruthers.

I think the formation is okay when we are able to dictate play. However away from home and the tougher games is where we need to look to change.

Based on last night's display, I'd like to see Evans and Brooks come in. They both added much needed pace and urgency, as we looked a little slow beforehand.

Freeman has also looked poor all season and Stearman of course, may be out.
Yep totally agree with this ..........

Wright in for Stearman (assuming he is still injured), Duffy in for Carruthers and leave it at that for now.
No need to completely rip up plan A just yet, the Dingles won't pose half the challenge that Boro and Cardiff did, local derby or not.

Carruthers, Brooks and Evans on as impact subs. Other than that Lavery could be useful.

OK . Questions are being asked about the fitness of our players. There are no excuses, they should be as fit as butcher's dogs.. If other teams are fitter, why is that so? Too many celebrations? I do not know the answer but, if the boys are blowing out of their arses after sixty minutes ,they should do what Bob Booker did. He worked his bollocks off during the summer and became a legend.
Gert your arses in gear lads, you have not becfome bad players overnight but you will need that bit extra this season . UTB . FTP
They may be as fit as last year but all the players in the championship are fit. They all (more or less) have good fitness coaches and work hard on fitness. There aren't many Bradley Dacks in this league (if there is any, they're probably playing for the pigs on £30k a week) so it comes down to natural athleticism. I could train like Bolt but I'll never be as fast as him, I'd just be as fast as I possibly could be. Which still wouldn't be very fast.

I wanted Duffy to play on Tuesday - want him to play even more on Saturday.

He is one of the few, if only player in our squad who can actually find free space - how often do we see him juts pop up with no one round him.

So, Duffy for me is a definite.

Evans also has to be given a start as no 2 possible change.

Would also try Lafferty as 3rd possible change.

So, in effect same as steveblade earlier on.

Duffy is a MUST.

UTB

Changes are needed. Evans brooks and brayford in. Clarke carruthers and freeman out
Maybe lafferty for Stevens aswell

Freeman out? But he scored 10 goals last season. Honestly, the number of posts recently suggesting we revert to last seasons main 11 is laughable. At least four of them (Freeman, Clarke, Duffy, Wright) are nowhere near the standard we require. we've got new signings plus Brooks plus Brayford. Get them in the team and stop fucking about with the League 1 eleven.

Ideally I would like:

Moore

Bash Wright JOC

Baldock Stevens

Coutts

Fleck Brookes/Duffy

Evans Sharp

Am I the only one that thought Fleck had a stinker last night? He overhit some very simple balls, played one or two suicide passes (2 yards short), got caught in possession one of which led to their corner from which they scored. We haven't won a midfield header in 3 games and we seem woefully poor at the second balls, which given our lack of height in the department should be where our focus is.

Unfortunately we don't have anyone of quality competition (Lundstram unproven) to force him to up his game.
We thought the same about Fleck....it was his mistake(trying to be clever in midfield)that led to their move that got the corner..but he also mis controlled a lot....he played well in the last 10-15 minutes.....and I like Fleck, just to be clear...

What are the differences to which you refer?
I can only assume!
Financial - wages and wants to free money up?
Bust up between CW and JB?
Who knows but CW thought he was the best full back in the division before moving him on to free up cash.
I believe we should really do with him in the squad now - injury to CH and he can cover, injury to full back he can cover

Courts has been excellent...last night he was head and shoulders above the rest of our team...he looked the part, played really well....

This is because Coutts, like Brooks, looks completely natural on the ball. He can receive it under pressure and can find a way to release it or get away. Others, namely Basham, Stearman, Stevens, Sharp, and even sometimes Fleck can't wait to get rid of it to the nearest player irrespective of the fact an opponent is marking bearing down on them.

Last season we didn't come up against many teams who played for a win against us. This gave us more time on the ball to dominate possession and create chance after chance. This season teams aren't here to avoid a thrashing. It's not to say I don't think we can perform as we did, we just haven't yet.

They may be as fit as last year but all the players in the championship are fit. They all (more or less) have good fitness coaches and work hard on fitness. There aren't many Bradley Dacks in this league (if there is any, they're probably playing for the pigs on £30k a week) so it comes down to natural athleticism. I could train like Bolt but I'll never be as fast as him, I'd just be as fast as I possibly could be. Which still wouldn't be very fast.

Made me laugh, have a like :D

For what its worth I do think we will beat Barnsley saturday by a couple of goals, back in to the top half of the table, and all will be well again

Blackman
Freeman Basham Wright JOC Lafferty
Fleck Coutts
Brooks
Sharp Evans

Back
Top Bottom