Nick Montgomery

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GB10

Reaction score
Down at the lane this morning .....
Got me thinking how another united player polarised opinion. Some absolutely loved him .. Some hated him..

So where were you on the Monty debate ?

You 'kin stirrer GB10

Started off as a promising right sided midfielder. Faltered, and either lack of talent or dire coaching turned him into the stereotypical anti footballer. Always thought he might make a destructive RB (i.e. one OK at defending but offering nothing going forward), not to be though.
Would rather have a plague of boils on my arse than have to watch him gallop aimlessly around on our new pitch.

I was always a fan of Monty. While he posessed zero technique, we were a much physically weaker side whenever he was out of the team. And wasn't he Supporters Player Of The Season in 2011?

One of the loudest cheers for any blades goal I've witnessed came v Burnley in 2010 when he scored his first goal in about 2 or 3 years (quite a decent strike if I remember right?). Weren't there some T-shirts made to commemorate it??

Cult Hero in my eyes. Hopefully he'll make some sort of appearance at Morgs' testimonial and will one day get one of his own, maybe against Mariners when he finally retires.

I'm guessing it's a sweepstake. How many posts before someone mentions Trevor Hockey.

Great engine, strong, great at breaking up opposition's attacks but his passing and ball skills often doesnt come off well

monty was never realy a footballer was he.. just somebody for the typical "get stuck in" attitude blade to love. couldn't stand him personaly:)

we played with 10 men for 11 years:D

Wasn't always bad and he gave is all when playing in red and white. I remember the through ball he played away at Leeds and we scored, can't remember who scored though, but we won.
If some of the players in recent years had worked as hard as he did, we would be in the Prem.
I know of course just effort isn't enough.

We all know he wasn't the best technically but Never short of effort. Never gave less than 100%.

And if we are being honest never let us down.

It's a shame not every professional is as dedicated to making the absolute maximum out of thier talents. There's a lesson in that for a lot of young players.

We all know he wasn't the best technically but Never short of effort. Never gave less than 100%.

And if we are being honest never let us down.

It's a shame not every professional is as dedicated to making the absolute maximum out of thier talents. There's a lesson in that for a lot of young players.

He let us down when he gave the ball away that cost us the decisive goal in the play off final.

Anybody can try hard. It doesn't make them a footballer.

Brother-in-law is in Oz.

He knows "someone" at the lane who happily passed on Monty's email address.

He got in touch to say he was in Sydney and was hoping to get tickets for the Sydney vs CCM game. Monty replied and said the tickets would be at the stadium waiting.

He turned up at the stadium and Monty handed him the tickets in person and said they had been paid for.

He also asked him to join him for a drink in the bar after the game.

IMG-20150327-WA0008.jpg

He let us down when he gave the ball away that cost us the decisive goal in the play off final.

Anybody can try hard. It doesn't make them a footballer.

I wish them who can play football , also try hard with effort . Perhaps some of them last season could have taken taken a lesson and example from Monty on that one .

UTB

Brother-in-law is in Oz.

He knows "someone" at the lane who happily passed on Monty's email address.

He got in touch to say he was in Sydney and was hoping to get tickets for the Sydney vs CCM game. Monty replied and said the tickets would be at the stadium waiting.

He turned up at the stadium and Monty handed him the tickets in person and said they had been paid for.

He also asked him to join him for a drink in the bar after the game.

View attachment 12181

Whatever anyone thinks of him as a footballer, that is a class thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom