30 secs off pitch after treatment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Greasy Chap Butty

Not even a fish
Reaction score
I get the reason for making a player who has had treatment to go off for 30 seconds to stop time wasting etc .
But there needs to be some sensible change to it.
After Souza nearly got his leg broke on Saturday, the player had got carded, it had (supposedly) been checked for serious foul play, yet he still had to stand and wait to come back on. During that time we were under the cosh and really needed him.
Another rule that needs changing.

I get the reason for making a player who has had treatment to go off for 30 seconds to stop time wasting etc .
After Souza nearly got his leg broke on Saturday, the player had got carded, it had (supposedly) been checked for serious foul play, yet he still had to stand and wait to come back on. During that time we were under the cosh and really needed him.
If a player is fouled then he should be allowed to stay on

And one of their players didn’t want to go off after treatment

That’s the present rule. I was suggesting a change
It would be interesting, but could only happen where a player has gone off due to being injured through a foul. It would be unfair to penalise a team if glass hamstring Brewster went off for treatment from running, or the Basham scenario. But in the scenario of a player getting treatment from an injury caused by a foul then maybe the other team have to temporarily sideline one player until the injured player returns or gets subbed off. 10 against 10.

What I'd like to see is more players carded for feigning injury. It grates me when I see players leave the field limping, holding onto the physio for support, then the referee signals them back on and they limp on then drop the act as soon as their team is attacking and can suddenly sprint again trouble free. Card them every time.

Last edited:
Absolutely 100% this. Why should you be punished for being fouled? Being a man down is a punishment.
We said that about Vini on Saturday, but if the rule is in place to tackle timewasting, the only alternative is for the referee to use his discretion and decide whether the 30 seconds applies or not.

But in the scenario of a player getting treatment from an injury caused by a foul then maybe the other team have to temporarily sideline one player until the injured player returns or gets subbed off. 10 against 10.
I was thinking along those lines too. If the player who commits the foul goes off until the injured player comes back on, it keeps the teams even.

You'd get teams working the system though. Let's say Van Dijk pulls someone down on the edge of the box. Our player could think - if i go off injured, Van Dijk has to come off with me, making our chances of winning the header easier

I actually like the 30 seconds off the pitch guidance. I think the tweak that could be made is that if a player has been cautioned as a result of the incident, the player who has been fouled should be allowed straight back on and the offended club should not be penalised.

I actually like the 30 seconds off the pitch guidance. I think the tweak that could be made is that if a player has been cautioned as a result of the incident, the player who has been fouled should be allowed straight back on and the offended club should not be penalised.
That's probably the only solution, perhaps it should be one of the 4th officials responsibilities they don't seem to do much

Yes, if a player has treatment for an injury due to an incident where an opposition player has received a yellow or red card, the 30-second delay shouldn't apply.

Although it doesn't cover all situations it's simple to implement and would improve things a bit.

Was reading Orange cards have got the green light from trials.

Will be implemented into smaller leagues officially soon before moving to Prem and other top leagues in a few years.

Just like the introduction of VAR itself, this 30-second rule would not be necessary if players weren't such fucking cheats, wasting time by cpnning referees into pretending they've been fouled and then feigning injury to delay the game.

All players, ours included.

I have no sympathy with any of them regardless of whether it benefits us or punishes us.

Was reading Orange cards have got the green light from trials.

Will be implemented into smaller leagues officially soon before moving to Prem and other top leagues in a few years.

This is a black card situation, end of conversation

Just like the introduction of VAR itself, this 30-second rule would not be necessary if players weren't such fucking cheats, wasting time by cpnning referees into pretending they've been fouled and then feigning injury to delay the game.

All players, ours included.

I have no sympathy with any of them regardless of whether it benefits us or punishes us.
This exactly. What I want to know is, when a VAR check is completed on a foul, and the "fouled" player is found to have dive, why aren't they booked?

Similarly, any player that is rolling on the ground in agony 1 minute, then up 5 seconds later needs booking too.

This exactly. What I want to know is, when a VAR check is completed on a foul, and the "fouled" player is found to have dive, why aren't they booked?

Similarly, any player that is rolling on the ground in agony 1 minute, then up 5 seconds later needs booking too.

This is where the orange card comes in..

According to trials, FIFA have said the orange card has reduced dissent and simulation by an average of 38%

Not saying I want it.. just stating that's what been said.

I would make it a rule that anyone who goes down with a head injury must leave the pitch for a full concussion check. They have 5 subs, so he could easily be replaced if they don't want to pay a man down. It's important that head injuries be taken seriously. No doubt some players will be such morons that they carry on pretending, but most will get the hang of it.

If the players want to stop being treated like serial cheats, they need to stop cheating. Simple.

I would also instruct referees that anyone who goes down screaming is a liar. I have watched plenty of rugby, more than enough to know that (a) having two 15-stone blokes jump on your back isn't normally enough to cause injury, so a tap on the shoulder or shin pad certainly won't; and (b) even serious injuries do not make a man scream. Make it a rule that any player who screams must leave the pitch for injury assessment, just in case he's really hurt. If he isn't hurt, then it serves him right.

I would make it a rule that anyone who goes down with a head injury must leave the pitch for a full concussion check. They have 5 subs, so he could easily be replaced if they don't want to pay a man down. It's important that head injuries be taken seriously. No doubt some players will be such morons that they carry on pretending, but most will get the hang of it.

If the players want to stop being treated like serial cheats, they need to stop cheating. Simple.

I would also instruct referees that anyone who goes down screaming is a liar. I have watched plenty of rugby, more than enough to know that (a) having two 15-stone blokes jump on your back isn't normally enough to cause injury, so a tap on the shoulder or shin pad certainly won't; and (b) even serious injuries do not make a man scream. Make it a rule that any player who screams must leave the pitch for injury assessment, just in case he's really hurt. If he isn't hurt, then it serves him right.
I can't like this post more than once I'm afraid. Especially the bit in bold.

According to trials, FIFA have said the orange card has reduced dissent and simulation by an average of 38%

If it's working and working well, let's give it a go.

We said that about Vini on Saturday, but if the rule is in place to tackle timewasting, the only alternative is for the referee to use his discretion and decide whether the 30 seconds applies or not.
Which would then lead to the referee being accused of bias, etc.

It would be interesting, but could only happen where a player has gone off due to being injured through a foul. It would be unfair to penalise a team if glass hamstring Brewster went off for treatment from running, or the Basham scenario. But in the scenario of a player getting treatment from an injury caused by a foul then maybe the other team have to temporarily sideline one player until the injured player returns or gets subbed off. 10 against 10.

What I'd like to see is more players carded for feigning injury. It grates me when I see players leave the field limping, holding onto the physio for support, then the referee signals them back on and they limp on then drop the act as soon as their team is attacking and can suddenly sprint again trouble free. Card them every time.
felt the same way for a time now, if its a genuine foul by the letter of the law, both players off until injured player is either fit to return or subbed off, levels game up and stops fouling team gaining an advantage x 2

I get where they are going with this as long as consistency is kept.
It would be interesting to know why the colour Orange has been chosen as the card colour, its going to be difficult at first glance to know what colour card the referee is brandishing from high up in the stands. In 5 a side (not sure they still do as haven't played in a while) they had a blue card for in effect a sin bin, this is more recognisable colour wise. I know they have the circle red cards to assist which have been used for years but had a come back earlier this year. Is it the case it will be a square yellow, a Orange triangle? and a circular red that makes the cards or are we going to have a fun guessing game for a bit

I may have dreamt this but I'm sure they tried to bring that rule in a few years ago. If the player is getting treatment as a result of a challenge that resulted in a yellow card then the player doesn't need to go off the pitch. I feel like I read about it coming in but then never saw it implemented.....

felt the same way for a time now, if its a genuine foul by the letter of the law, both players off until injured player is either fit to return or subbed off, levels game up and stops fouling team gaining an advantage x 2
The problem being that anyone fouled by Erling Haaland, for example, is going to find they need at least 15 minutes treatment off the pitch during which Haaland is also unavailable.

This is the problem with any law that requires the players to be scrupulously fair and honest. It won't work.

The problem being that anyone fouled by Erling Haaland, for example, is going to find they need at least 15 minutes treatment off the pitch during which Haaland is also unavailable.

This is the problem with any law that requires the players to be scrupulously fair and honest. It won't work.
I see your point but then Haaland would also stop fouling people

Back
Top Bottom