Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why does it matter if he lives in Manchester??

I don’t think anyone seriously thinks we’d be signing him on a permanent, and he’s stated he wants to become Man United’s number one, of course he’s going to have a house there.

Ydy Neil yn byw yng Nghaerdydd?

Lebt Jürgen in Liverpool?

An gcónaíonn Mick i mBaile Átha Cliath?

Would you live closer if you could? (IE if you were a 22-year-old millionaire with no kids?)

Obviously everyone would prefer to live close to work, but I've commuted for the last 10 years a minimum of 30 miles each way (45 mins) and as I said in my previous post commute even further now. It's no big deal, if anything being a millionaire makes the travel even easier as you will have a flash car and not care how much it will cost in fuel.

Obviously everyone would prefer to live close to work, but I've commuted for the last 10 years a minimum of 30 miles each way (45 mins) and as I said in my previous post commute even further now. It's no big deal, if anything being a millionaire makes the travel even easier as you will have a flash car and not care how much it will cost in fuel.

I think living close to work is a normal person's aim, and would only come in for most footballers potentially if they have kids, maybe then they'd want to be close to work to spend time with them, and later move somewhere between work and their school, but as you say it's an excuse to get your flash car out.

But for Dean Henderson and other young footballers, it's where the action is innit, and Sheffield isn't that place.

I have to admit though Danny, that Sheffield is shit in comparison to Manchester..... as much as it pains me to say it. I love Sheffield but it feels 20 years behind.

But maybe that's the attraction - the 'biggest village in England'? Comparing Sheff. to Manc. is like comparing Manc. to London, I'd rather be a big fish in a little pond (not that I'm either...) Don't forget how many ex-Sheffield players and managers choose to stay here after their careers are over.

Nowt wrong with Sheffield. Despite the best efforts of the Council, it's still a great place to live.

Are you bored or something, all you seem to do lately is find a general consensus, express the opposite opinion and then act with incredulity when people don't conform to your view.
I don’t think that’s true is it, unless you’ve any evidence? I’m certainly not incredulous my friend. Far from it, actually. It’s a forum, though. Aren’t ‘opinions’ kind of, y’know, the point of them?

All this talk of us not being able to afford his wages is bollocks. We can. We're a Premier league club. £50k a week is £2.6m a year for the loan. If we seriously cannot afford that then we will never do owt. Same goes for the attitude on here of "there's cheaper out there"

There is. But we don't need to buy cheap now. We're not shopping at Swiss Tony's car lot now. We're in the showroom ffs.
What's 50 grand a week x 25 ?

Plus the loan fee. Which will just have gone up.

But we're still a PL club. We aren't scratching about down the back of the car seats for that pound coin that is tantalisingly out of reach. Or at least we shouldn't be. If we are it's embarrassing.

I could sit here and say that we have to spend to stay up. But I'll get the usual 'we haven't spent to get here'. True, in a sense (though we did spend, just not massive). But we need to drop this pauper attitude we have.

Funny you should say that AH, loaning an up & coming Man Utd reserve keeper is like making love to a beautiful women......

You have to take it slowly, make sure the price is right. Get her to sign on the dotted line.

Then when the time is right give her a go.

Who cares?
It was England U21.
As long as he makes the errors before the PL season begins, let him make as many as possible.
And those pelters he's been getting, what's the ratio of them being from The Waccoe Bottlers?

Who cares?
It was England U21.
As long as he makes the errors before the PL season begins, let him make as many as possible.
And those pelters he's been getting, what's the ratio of them being from The Waccoe Bottlers?
Me....

I did say we should be looking at some of those Romanian lads!
Hagi....top top player, and favourite player of mine back in the day, along with bergkamp, and Stoichkov I might add.
United need to start looking seriously at these European markets with our budget constraints compared to our new competitors....particularly the Balkan/Eastern European regions.

Ironically, with the pelters Henderson's taken tonight and after the 1-0 at ER, I find it amusing that they have quickly forgotten the catastrophe keeping in their second leg v Derby County. Only in Leeds, eh.

Back
Top Bottom