Incoming? Franck Ribery

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know this rumour is ridiculous and most of us aren't taking it seriously, but hasn't the club already quashed it on Sky Sports?

I think the wages thing is probably overstated slightly in this case, if we get him for free on a one year deal we can probably afford over our normal wage budget by quite a bit although no where near his current. Given his profile that is unlikely to trigger an overreaction from other players. That said the overall deal would still need to be within our budget.

I think the wages thing is probably overstated slightly in this case, if we get him for free on a one year deal we can probably afford over our normal wage budget by quite a bit although no where near his current. Given his profile that is unlikely to trigger an overreaction from other players. That said the overall deal would still need to be within our budget.

£100k a week over 52 weeks is a £5.2m signing. If he's game, i'm game.

Can't believe we're even discussing it 🙈

£100k a week over 52 weeks is a £5.2m signing. If he's game, i'm game.

Can't believe we're even discussing it 🙈
No way he'd accept 100k... no way he'd accept a 1yr deal. He'll be after more and for longer... Mark my words he will go to West Ham, the graveyard for 'world class' has-beens and 'big names'

I know this rumour is ridiculous and most of us aren't taking it seriously, but hasn't the club already quashed it on Sky Sports?

Seems to be the case.

Talksport have just mentioned this transfer (Riberry to Sheffield United) again.
They’ve said they will soon be speaking directly to James Shield based in Sheffield for the latest.....i’ll report what’s said
But logic suggests it must be a publicity stunt....I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve made a tentative enquiry to show our interest but that’s it.
wonder where the info came from....I reckon his agent has used our contact to remind the world that his client is available on a free.

No way he'd accept 100k... no way he'd accept a 1yr deal. He'll be after more and for longer... Mark my words he will go to West Ham, the graveyard for 'world class' has-beens and 'big names'
I reckon he will go to China/Qatar. No one will be willing to pay the wages that they will pay.

Carrasco looks like leaving Dalian Yifang. I reckon Ribery will end up there :)

Seems to be the case.

Talksport have just mentioned this transfer (Riberry to Sheffield United) again.
They’ve said they will soon be speaking directly to James Shield based in Sheffield for the latest.....i’ll report what’s said
But logic suggests it must be a publicity stunt....I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve made a tentative enquiry to show our interest but that’s it.
wonder where the info came from....I reckon his agent has used our contact to remind the world that his client is available on a free.
Is there anyone in football that doesn’t know Ribery has left Bayern?

James Shield from The Star is taking now on Talksport and his inside information is.......

‘I don’t really know anything because I’ve been on holiday for a week and just got back.
However I doubt it will happen. Wilder tends to go for young up and coming players with something to prove.
So really doubt Wilder would sign someone like Ruberry, he’s more likely to target players like Neil Maupay of Oliver McBurnie, as they fit what he’s done in the past”

I assumed he’d have done some investigative journalism and made contact with someone high up at the club.
Talksport could have interviewed me because basically James Shield has just said what i’d have said.

James Shield from The Star is taking on Talksport and his inside information is.......

‘Don’t know anything because I’ve been on holiday for a week and just got back.
However I doubt it will happen. Wilder tends to go for young up and coming players with something to prove.
So really doubt Wilder would sign someone like Ruberry, he’s more likely to target someone more like Neil Maupay of Oliver McBurnie.”.

FFS

James Shield from The Star is taking on Talksport and his inside information is.......

So really doubt Wilder would sign someone like Ruberry, he’s more likely to target someone more like Neil Maupay of Oliver McBurnie.”.
Captain fucking obvious alert

Wilder tends to go for younger up and coming players because the availability of players like Ribery to us has been a pipe dream. Genuinely feel that if this remotely possible and affordable (which I highly doubt) Wilder would bring him in in a heartbeat.

James Shield from The Star is taking now on Talksport and his inside information is.......

‘I don’t really know anything because I’ve been on holiday for a week and just got back.
So really doubt Wilder would sign someone like Ruberry, he’s more likely to target players like Neil Maupay of Oliver McBurnie, as they fit what he’s done in the past”

I assumed he’d have done some investigative journalism and made contact with someone high up at the club.
Talksport could have interviewed me because basically James Shield has just said what i’d have said.

Unbelievable especially on national radio. He somehow makes Nancy Frostick look proficient.

Unbelievable especially on national radio. He somehow makes Nancy Frostick look proficient.

That’s what I thought, it actually made me laugh
Because the Hawksby and Jacobs show had been building up this story all afternoon.
They inferred that we’ll now get some inside information speaking to someone at SU with his nose to ground.

There’s this big drum roll...........the SU expert comes on....
....and his first words are “I don’t really know anything because I’ve been on holiday and only just got back`.

You couldn’t make it up? Ha ha
A potentially massive news story and the SU correspondence doesn’t even seem interested and laughing it off as very unlikely.
I think these days journalists just sit at their desks, never go outside and get all their “in the know” information by reading forums and twitter.

Back
Top Bottom