Bournemouth optimise the Premier league

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Diving, cheating, entitled, under supported and over funded….cant wait to leave

Thank fuck it's not just me thinking that. That first 20 minutes every time we got close they fell down. Problem is, the referees fall for it 9 times out of 10 and in this league, cheats definitely prosper.

Modern day Wimbledon/Wigan. Won't end well. Every dog has it's day in the sun.
Apart from us.

Don’t get this bottom of the league mentality.

If we were where we were when we first came up under Wilder there’d be none of this bollocks.

We want to be in the premier league but only when we were better run and have a better squad to compete. No one can disagree.

Rebuild, maybe even go up and down a couple of times, or go straight to a dogfight for 16/17th for a couple of seasons and eek our way in to being a Brighton/Fulham level club before I pop my clogs and I'll be happy.
Wouldn't want us to have so much money invested we couldn't not finish top/doubles/trebles every year, nor would I want us to have a short term but unsustainable investment ala Chelsea, where we became embittered at finishing 7th and lower after a handful of trophies.
I think everybody's utterly shell-shocked after what we've witnessed this season. Nobody under 50 will be able remember the 1975-76 season, which for me as a 12-13 year old was the first truly abject season I experienced. In many ways much worse than this. There weren't teams full of millionaire world superstars, refereeing was done in real time by mostly decent semi-professional workers and businessmen with a part-time Saturday job/hobby, who had the extreme financial consequences of their decisions interfering with their psyche, no VAR, no Sky, not even any shirt sponsorship, no 3-D flashing images advertising corporations from the other side of the world. Just football - and out of nowhere, we'd plummeted from a season which ended with an old wives tale style memory of us almost qualifying for European competition to rock bottom. I can remember cutting a lone figure on the Bramall Lane railings on YTV's Sunday highlights a filthy day in September, a soul-destroying 0-1 at home to Norwich in the pouring rain. Moving to the BLUT after my brother came out of hospital to back to back freezing December defeats to Spurs and Man Utd, the wooden benches of Filbert Street as we bowed out of the FA Cup embarrassingly at the first hurdle, our 'unearthed gem' centre forward finally coming good on Valentines Day, heading in to the top corner of the net against Villa only for the great fightback see us get tonked throughout March and the bonfire of hope well and truly pissed on. A title-challenging form April, with a few decent 'pressures-off' victories, all too little, too late. Those toothless, mostly narrow (apart from half a dozen or so 4/5-0/1 defeats along the way) but aimless defeats were very hard to swallow and little did we know at the time that it was the first rung down to the bottom division within five years.
So despite conceding a bizarre number of 5s and worse this season, its not the worst top flight season I've had to live through. I hope it turns out to be the worst any one else has too, I'm certain we can't ever be any worse than this in the modern day version of the game. We'll eventually get taken over and things will come good again. I think as a yo-yo PL/Championship club of recent years, thankfully, we're not in danger of being bought by someone who'll do a Bury/Oldham type job on us.

Apart from us.

Don’t get this bottom of the league mentality.

If we were where we were when we first came up under Wilder there’d be none of this bollocks.

We want to be in the premier league but only when we were better run and have a better squad to compete. No one can disagree.
Mcatee did his share in his cameo . It is part of the game now like holding and shirt pulling at free kicks.How do refs stop it sin bins might be the answer ! They would be full judging by feigning injury and pulling etc in the box that goes on today.itsspoiling the game.

What’s so different about the championship? It’s just the same. Diving cheating time wasting wank officials etc etc. Only difference is VAR tho i expect that to be introduced into the championship soon. People are making excuses putting a brave face on because we are basically one of worse sides in premier league history and we are getting slaughtered for it by the media so we make out it’s wank and we want out anyway lol. Load of bollox really because modern day footballs the same in champ as it is in prem

What’s so different about the championship? It’s just the same. Diving cheating time wasting wank officials etc etc. Only difference is VAR tho i expect that to be introduced into the championship soon. People are making excuses putting a brave face on because we are basically one of worse sides in premier league history and we are getting slaughtered for it by the media so we make out it’s wank and we want out anyway lol. Load of bollox really because modern day footballs the same in champ as it is in prem
The only difference is the standard in the champ that so much worse than the premier league! It's an awful quality compared to the Premier league

I was just thinking this. It seems a lot like copium and us telling ourselves “well we don’t want to be in the Prem anyway” because we’re basically guaranteed to go down.

The Championship is full of cynical teams. Players dive, time waste and swarm the ref just like they do in the Prem.

How much money you have to spend also is a massive factor at that level as well. The top 4 teams in the Champ at the moment are all getting parachute payments, have very wealthy owners or both.

The refs are just as bad, if not worse, down there as well.

Ok there’s no VAR but while that’s a plus in some ways, it also means you’re more likely to get robbed by bad officiating.

I am getting a bit sick of the constant moaning about the corrupt Premier League and how much better the Championship is. Basically it comes down to we’re competitive in one and absolute gub in the other.

If us and Luton swapped places this season I doubt you’d have a single thread talking about how we can’t wait to go down.

I was just thinking this. It seems a lot like copium and us telling ourselves “well we don’t want to be in the Prem anyway” because we’re basically guaranteed to go down.

The Championship is full of cynical teams. Players dive, time waste and swarm the ref just like they do in the Prem.

How much money you have to spend also is a massive factor at that level as well. The top 4 teams in the Champ at the moment are all getting parachute payments, have very wealthy owners or both.

The refs are just as bad, if not worse, down there as well.

Ok there’s no VAR but while that’s a plus in some ways, it also means you’re more likely to get robbed by bad officiating.

I am getting a bit sick of the constant moaning about the corrupt Premier League and how much better the Championship is. Basically it comes down to we’re competitive in one and absolute gub in the other.

If us and Luton swapped places this season I doubt you’d have a single thread talking about how we can’t wait to go down.
Exactly 💯

The only difference is the standard in the champ that so much worse than the premier league! It's an awful quality compared to the Premier league
True. But I do think the top 4/5 teams in championship are currently no worse than bottom 7/8 in prem. and I do believe Leeds Ipswich Leicester Southampton are better sides than us and Burnley without a doubt

Rebuild, maybe even go up and down a couple of times, or go straight to a dogfight for 16/17th for a couple of seasons and eek our way in to being a Brighton/Fulham level club before I pop my clogs and I'll be happy.
Wouldn't want us to have so much money invested we couldn't not finish top/doubles/trebles every year, nor would I want us to have a short term but unsustainable investment ala Chelsea, where we became embittered at finishing 7th and lower after a handful of trophies.
I think everybody's utterly shell-shocked after what we've witnessed this season. Nobody under 50 will be able remember the 1975-76 season, which for me as a 12-13 year old was the first truly abject season I experienced. In many ways much worse than this. There weren't teams full of millionaire world superstars, refereeing was done in real time by mostly decent semi-professional workers and businessmen with a part-time Saturday job/hobby, who had the extreme financial consequences of their decisions interfering with their psyche, no VAR, no Sky, not even any shirt sponsorship, no 3-D flashing images advertising corporations from the other side of the world. Just football - and out of nowhere, we'd plummeted from a season which ended with an old wives tale style memory of us almost qualifying for European competition to rock bottom. I can remember cutting a lone figure on the Bramall Lane railings on YTV's Sunday highlights a filthy day in September, a soul-destroying 0-1 at home to Norwich in the pouring rain. Moving to the BLUT after my brother came out of hospital to back to back freezing December defeats to Spurs and Man Utd, the wooden benches of Filbert Street as we bowed out of the FA Cup embarrassingly at the first hurdle, our 'unearthed gem' centre forward finally coming good on Valentines Day, heading in to the top corner of the net against Villa only for the great fightback see us get tonked throughout March and the bonfire of hope well and truly pissed on. A title-challenging form April, with a few decent 'pressures-off' victories, all too little, too late. Those toothless, mostly narrow (apart from half a dozen or so 4/5-0/1 defeats along the way) but aimless defeats were very hard to swallow and little did we know at the time that it was the first rung down to the bottom division within five years.
So despite conceding a bizarre number of 5s and worse this season, its not the worst top flight season I've had to live through. I hope it turns out to be the worst any one else has too, I'm certain we can't ever be any worse than this in the modern day version of the game. We'll eventually get taken over and things will come good again. I think as a yo-yo PL/Championship club of recent years, thankfully, we're not in danger of being bought by someone who'll do a Bury/Oldham type job on us.
Yes, 1975/76 was terrible. There was an article in Shoot! Summer Special before the start of the season predicting us to be one of the condenters to win the league. This got me excited. We still had two superstars in Currie and Woodward. Man U had just got promoted, Chelsea were relegated. Spurs, Arsenal and Man City didn't splash out on getting superstars like they are doing now. We won only two league games before April and our relegation was confirmed on 27th of March. I still remember getting the weekly taunts at my boarding school.

True. But I do think the top 4/5 teams in championship are currently no worse than bottom 7/8 in prem. and I do believe Leeds Ipswich Leicester Southampton are better sides than us and Burnley without a doubt
Not buying that.
At least one of those sides you mentioned won’t be good enough for promotion and if the others are promoted at least 1 and possibly 2 are statistically likely to be relegated again.

How VAR decided it was a penalty is a mystery to me, they obviously only look at it from one angle

How VAR decided it was a penalty is a mystery to me, they obviously only look at it from one angle
First sighting definitely a pen then i saw a replay of a different angle and it looked like he got the ball the stream i watched never showed that angle again. Would like to see it again tbh from all angles as still unsure 🤔

Probably around same age as myself and remember all them bad , worse and horrific
Days , games seasons

Back
Top Bottom