Cue meltdown

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We definitely need strikers for next season, to me only Sharp and maybe Lavery are at Championship standard or have the potential to be at that level.

Ched is a gamble for Championship level, but I think he has greater potential to be a success than the likes of Done, Hanson and Clarke. Ched may have only had one great season, but what a season it was! The bloke was unreal, it felt like we went into every match with a guaranteed goal! None of our strikers will ever get to that level, Ched at 28 might.

So in summary I'd rather have a player who could reach former performance levels over players who will never reach that level.

For me, this season has been very special. It seems the club is united again. On that front, this signing could break that unity. Particularly between the players and some of the fans. I have a rule in life, generally, never go back as it hardly ever works out. It somewhat dilutes the Euphoria, pride and emotion I have for this season, if it's true. Having said that I only see the Blades in the flesh once or twice a season, so my opinion doesn't really count.

Looking at how Wilder has performed at Halifax, Oxford and Northampton before here the main back bone of his management style seems to be team building.

He will have sorted the squad over this and Ched won't be an issue to them.

That said if it's over Wilders head we won't ever have to chant 'Wilder out'.

He'll be gone. That's why I'm happy about the signing because even McC couldn't fuck up this big.

this is ridiculous.. you'd have thought they would have let everyone celebrate first.. now we could have our own fans fighting each other again on the day we get the trophy
fucking amateurish

Blame the leak on a source from Chesterfield.

Perhaps a desperate attempt to get a point on Sunday by thinking they can upset the apple cart?

How much do you want to bet it's almost 100% harmonious at the match
And if Ched appears he'll get a great reception and his name chanted en masse.
It's the vocal minority who love to be offended...... it's the current fashion you know.
i hope you're right mate

The bottom line . Are Wilder , Knill , Sharp happy and the board .

Wilders backroom staff will get him fit and firing on all cylinders .

Is Evans good enough for us

Is the fee acceptable of £500K

If Wilder thinks so , good enough for me . Worth a punt .

Just a shock for us all . However have we moved quick due to money owed or other clubs interested .

Also whatever is said , the guy owes us imo

Just strange timing, the more I think about it the more I blame Chesterfield.

this is ridiculous.. you'd have thought they would have let everyone celebrate first.. now we could have our own fans fighting each other again on the day we get the trophy
fucking amateurish
Don't talk like a Pollock.,we can fight each other any day of the week we are blades

Totally against this.

All the talk about the feel good factor, club being more United than anyone can ever remember.

All gone.

Cue rapist chants, hell shag who he wants etc etc.

Seriously considering not having season ticket now.

As said elsewhere, I'll gladly have it if you've the bottle.

There is no melt down or rift

There's a vocal minority on the moral high ground

How much do you want to bet it's almost 100% harmonious at the match
And if Ched appears he'll get a great reception and his name chanted en masse.
It's the vocal minority who love to be offended...... it's the current fashion you know.

How very true .

Damn..

thought this was about the snooker!!

Pool%20Table%20Unexpect.gif

As I say, read between the lines, which to your credit, you have done.

Let's face it, He isn't fucking injured. There is (much) more to it.

UTB

Last person I expected to see Sunday was Ched - out injured was my prediction and no where near The Lane.

Now he just might be the mascot?

Wow what can you say. I'm gobsmacked.

On one hand you have the trust wilder aspect. He's been faultless with his signings and mentality.

The second hand though says why go there!? We have had this speculation for ages and it was finally put to bed. I don't go along with comments he had one good season. He had potential and was a good player for us, but that was before he went inside. Not exactly had a great season at Chesterfield, and heaps a little bit of unwanted spotlight on us after a terrific season

Fair comment I'd say.

I can understand why some will see this as a distraction and I think the timing is unfortunate. But I don't blame RS for breaking the news. If they sat on every bit of breaking news until it was confirmed or until the timing was right it wouldn't be news. It's every journalists job to be first with the news and they are just doing their job. We criticised them a few years ago when BBC Radio 5 reported we'd sacked Blackwell but an hour later RS still knew nothing about it! They looked stupid and incompetent for that.
So now we want to criticise them for being early with the news? How confusing is that?

It's called having free speech and a free press. Something we should all be grateful for.

Well done RS for being on the ball with this and I hope it's true.

It's happened quite a few times before but I thought they'd put a stop to it.

It's happened so many times in the past it got boring . Wilders influence at the club right now though is immense . When he says ' no comment ' he means it . And when he says it he's referring to the Club as a whole .

Looking at how Wilder has performed at Halifax, Oxford and Northampton before here the main back bone of his management style seems to be team building.

He will have sorted the squad over this and Ched won't be an issue to them.

That said if it's over Wilders head we won't ever have to chant 'Wilder out'.

He'll be gone. That's why I'm happy about the signing because even McC couldn't fuck up this big.

Agree with all of that.

After 2 and a half years inside, I bet Ched is one of the most professional players in the world! No way will he be any problems in the dressing room.

There is no way McCabe would be stupid enough to piss off the best manager he has had in years. Why would he do that just to sign one player?

If this has been commented on elsewhere, apologies in advance.

My question is, if this has been instigated by Chris Wilder then there's nothing else to add, end of, I'll support our manager's choice of player.

But.....if it's been initiated by our co-Chairman, Kevin McCabe, then this puts an entirely different perspective on the signing of Evans.

It crossed my mind that McCabe may have felt regret or remorse over the previous attempt to sign Evans, and having broken his promise to Evans that he would once again become a Blade because of the dramatic PR own goal the club scored, has McCabe taken it upon himself to override the chain of command when it comes to who we sign, namely Wilder, and attempted to make good his previous promise to Evans that the club will sign the player. If this should be the case then McCabe has allowed his judgement to be coloured by vanity and a disregard for his manager.

But as I said to begin with, if Wilder is the person who has told the board that he wants Evans then I'll support our manager's decision. Still a lot to pay for a player who hasn't exactly set Division 1 on fire this season.

£500k for a goal shy injury prone striker that has scored less fucking goals this season than our right back is not good value.

I bet Clarke and Hanson weren't much cheaper than £500k each. Their seasons haven't been much if any better than Cheds. What do you expect for a £500k striker?

If this has been commented on elsewhere, apologies in advance.

My question is, if this has been instigated by Chris Wilder then there's nothing else to add, end of, I'll support our manager's choice of player.

But.....if it's been initiated by our co-Chairman, Kevin McCabe, then this puts an entirely different perspective on the signing of Evans.

It crossed my mind that McCabe may have felt regret or remorse over the previous attempt to sign Evans, and having broken his promise to Evans that he would once again become a Blade because of the dramatic PR own goal the club scored, has McCabe taken it upon himself to override the chain of command when it comes to who we sign, namely Wilder, and attempted to make good his previous promise to Evans that the club will sign the player. If this should be the case then McCabe has allowed his judgement to be coloured by vanity and a disregard for his manager.

But as I said to begin with, if Wilder is the person who has told the board that he wants Evans then I'll support our manager's decision. Still a lot to pay for a player who hasn't exactly set Division 1 on fire this season.

I did worry about this myself. It does have the signs of McCabe making another decision not based on football again.

£500k for a goal shy injury prone striker that has scored less fucking goals this season than our right back is not good value.
We dont know yet, another pre-season will help

Sharp, Hanson, Evans, Clark, backed up by Duffy, Lavery, Caruthers, & O'Shea, plus 2 flying wings backs, Lafferty & Freeman - we might even give it a go in the Cups

When are the fixtures out ... :)

Back
Top Bottom