Capacity

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm not opposed to the "cheap" option Kop expansion now. I'd worry about the cost of major development in the short term if it affects transfer and player funding. Establish first maybe?

To spend millions on the ground, I'd like any new owners to be substantially wealthier than KMc and HRH, so we don't end up in Queer Street again because of spending on the ground.

Of the clubs currently with sub 40k stadiums I'd say Everton are the only ones currently needing more. There were substantial waiting lists - for some time - for tickets at Arsenal Spurs and West Ham for instance. They pretty much knew they would attract much bigger gates because of that. I don't believe that we could sell another ten thousand tickets per game as things stand. Three thousand on an extended Kop, yes.

Agree with you for once. Kop extension is a no-brainer and would cost peanuts in relative terms. The cost of a new kop would be prohibitive for reasons discussed ages ago and the end product would result in no gain in capacity. It would be an excercise in futility.

I noticed on Sunday there was a fairly large area of empty seats on BLUT over on the right as you look from the pitch, yet I thought that section looked more or less fully booked on the ticketing site last week.

Just looked on the site again for the Leicester game and it's similar - BU3 has one seat available, but quite a few still in BU1 and 2. I'll be (mildly) interested to see how full that bit is on saturday.

I noticed on Sunday there was a fairly large area of empty seats on BLUT over on the right as you look from the pitch, yet I thought that section looked more or less fully booked on the ticketing site last week.

Just looked on the site again for the Leicester game and it's similar - BU3 has one seat available, but quite a few still in BU1 and 2. I'll be (mildly) interested to see how full that bit is on saturday.

So is the only solution is to introduce a lower threshold of points for general sale, say from 500 to 250 points? Should still keep out the tourists and glory hunters

So is the only solution is to introduce a lower threshold of points for general sale, say from 500 to 250 points? Should still keep out the tourists and glory hunters
Why would you want to keep out tourists and glory hunters if all existing fans have had the chance to buy tickets? Start selling tickets sooner and if any remain unsold let potential new fans with no points have a chance. Postcode check would keep most away fans out. There are such thing as neutrals and we may convert a few if we let them in.

I thought there were already plans approved or nearing approval that would extend the Kop, and add a tier on the South Stand I may be wrong sorry if that's the case.
We already have approval for the Kop and South Stand to be extended, and that approval will be renewed as and when necessary. Unfortunately, having approval does not mean the extensions will take place, only that they can take place once the club decides to start, which will not be any time soon.

The great thing about the kop extension is it is relatively cheap per seat. The good thing about the SS extension is that is brings money into the club from a different pot (corporate and prawn sandwich - neither of which I have a problem with but can't think of a more communicative term for that group of people). Those people who would think about spending a few hundred quid on west end tickets and a meal.

The world cup and euros stadium specification has lots of space behind the goals, although neither Anfield and Old Trafford have enough space. We have room to move the pitch back a bit at the BL end.

In simplistic terms as to when they do they extensions they will have 4 chances

2 chances of getting it right - Build and stay up and don't build and go down
1 chance of no change - don't build and go down
1 chance of screwing us over - Build and we go down and don't come back up.

Greater brains than mine can put &ages to the chances and cost benefit analysis but it is an interesting debate.

Kop extension is a no-brainer and would cost peanuts in relative terms.
The great thing about the kop extension is it is relatively cheap per seat.

Can somebody point me to the detailed architect's drawings, QS assumptions and builder's firm quotes that I seem to have missed?

Facts and sensible PL comparisons would be great, but if these aren't available, please make some shit up.

Can somebody point me to the detailed architect's drawings, QS assumptions and builder's firm quotes that I seem to have missed?

Facts and sensible PL comparisons would be great, but if these aren't available, please make some shit up.

Oh why don't you go and play with yourself

We don't need to increase the capacity, it's just right as it is.

We will for 6 maybe 7 games this season depending on how crucial the last game is.
Didn’t I put enough smileys to indicate I was joking? I reckon we’ll sell out most of them once we’ve sorted the tickets/points issues out.

Sheffsteel is bringing loads of Ugandans

Didn’t I put enough smileys to indicate I was joking? I reckon we’ll sell out most of them once we’ve sorted the tickets/points issues out.

Sheffsteel is bringing loads of Ugandans

About 2 Ugandans per year max.
I’ve mentioned bringing guests/ family members from out of town but it’s only usually 4 times per season, so not a big deal to the club
My point was if others bring guests or casuals then it all adds to the attendance figure and these people are now ruled out from attending.

Thanks for the constructive and well considered reply.

I take it that you have no reasonable idea or any facts, to support how 'cheap' this KOP extension will be then?

We have a variety of posters on this forum who can offer an informed opinion on a host of subjects. These range from members of the legal profession, accountancy, architecture, financial advisors, civil engineers (of which I was one for over 40 years) and so on. Their input in various threads helps to give a reasonable idea of whats going on instead of being in the dark and playing guessing games. Then we have another set of posters such as yourself who have no fucking idea about anything and are only able to make contributions to discussions amounting to a crude insult, usually including the odd swear word to make them sound 'ard, such as "please make some shit up" in reply to a constructive post by someone else. They then run to mummy all upset when they get a bit in return.

You are what is defined in social media as a troll but the problem in your case is you're not very good at it. You don't even raise an eyebrow. I would report you to the moderators but you're not worth the effort.

100 million for their new training ground/ academy!
Are you a Blade or a WUM. Leicester have never sold out the King Power Stadium since their return to the Prem. FFS get real.

I hate it when fans become financially prudent about their clubs. We are the punters FFS we should pushing for our club to improve in every possible way. It’s for the board to worry about the balance sheet. The Kop is an eye sore from inside and out and the facilities and seat layout are wank. We should demand improvements to the ground, and more seats that aren’t restricted view.

We have a variety of posters on this forum who can offer an informed opinion on a host of subjects. These range from members of the legal profession, accountancy, architecture, financial advisors, civil engineers (of which I was one for over 40 years) and so on. Their input in various threads helps to give a reasonable idea of whats going on instead of being in the dark and playing guessing games. Then we have another set of posters such as yourself who have no fucking idea about anything and are only able to make contributions to discussions amounting to a crude insult, usually including the odd swear word to make them sound 'ard, such as "please make some shit up" in reply to a constructive post by someone else. They then run to mummy all upset when they get a bit in return.

You are what is defined in social media as a troll but the problem in your case is you're not very good at it. You don't even raise an eyebrow. I would report you to the moderators but you're not worth the effort.

Two paragraphs of verbiage and still no sensible estimate of what the 'cheap' Kop might cost.

The only other person to call me a troll didn't like me calling out their errors either.
Funny that.

Two paragraphs of verbiage and still no sensible estimate of what the 'cheap' Kop might cost.

The only other person to call me a troll didn't like me calling out their errors either.
Funny that.

Where's the error?

You'll find several recent posts on current threads where I've commented on cost estimates for the kop extension and countless posts on historic threads as to why a rebuild would be neither feasible nor viable. Go and find them you dotard, that's what trolls spend all day doing isn't it? (Clue: top right hand corner of the page you're on).

Where's the error?

You'll find several recent posts on current threads where I've commented on cost estimates for the kop extension and countless posts on historic threads as to why a rebuild would be neither feasible nor viable. Go and find them you dotard, that's what trolls spend all day doing isn't it? (Clue: top right hand corner of the page you're on).

You're doing it again, repeating something ad nauseum in the hope it might become a 'fact'. If you really think I'm a troll, put me on ignore. It really is that simple.

As for sending me on some wild goose chase, nice try. Why can't you just tell us how much of other people's money will be spent, to build this 'cheap' Kop extension?

For an indepth look at the stadium and costings startwith..

Back
Top Bottom