Capacity

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ourbob

Reaction score
Latest figure I've seen is around 32607 but this is from last season, some fans lost seats this season due to press/corporate so would love to know what the syp/premier have come to a conclusion on.

Our official capacity might now be about 32,400
But the main question is “what is the max amount of tickets SAG will allow us to sell in the PL”?

I reckon the biggest attendance of this season and a total sell out will be about 31,500.

I hope the new owners have ambitions to expand the lane.

True.....would love some stadium improvements/ expansion...but they aren’t a charity.
Their question would be......if they agree to invest 50 million (whatever it is)....then what’s in it for them?
Some of our fans have already complained about having to pay slightly more for a higher standard and better product.

How many years or are we talking decades to get their money back? They might need to go down the executive box/ offices/ catering/ banqueting route.
Also if they use the PL money then this could affect the transfer budget for 2 or 3 years, which which time this could result in relegation.

True....but they aren’t a charity.
Their question would be......if they agree to invest 50 million (whatever it is)....then what’s in it for them?
Some of our fans have already complained about having to pay slightly more for a higher standard and better product.

How many years or are we talking decades to get their money back?
Also if they use the PL money then this could affect the transfer budget for 2 or 3 years, which which time this could result in relegation.
You can make more money without raising ticket prices, other than the obvious increase of ticket sales it would also increase merchandise sale, food , drink etc. obviously someone not mega rich or only interested in the short term will not be looking at expanding. But for someone with long term ambitions we’re ready for that next step. Let’s hope we’re lucky.

True.....would love some stadium improvements/ expansion...but they aren’t a charity.

How many years or are we talking decades to get their money back? They might need to go down the executive box/ offices/ catering/ banqueting route.

Wouldn't any stadium expansion be paid for by a mortgage/loan over say 10, 20 or even 30 years? Surely McCabe/Prince wouldn't just handover £50m+ in cash?

32,609 is still on the official visitors guide updated this month. If that’s accurate that would mean that for every seat removed due to the changes, they’ve done a one-for-one replacement on what they’ve been able to add.

You can make more money without raising ticket prices, other than the obvious increase of ticket sales it would also increase merchandise sale, food , drink etc. obviously someone not mega rich or only interested in the short term will not be looking at expanding. But for someone with long term ambitions we’re ready for that next step. Let’s hope we’re lucky.

How many comparative PL clubs have committed to a 40k + stadium after promotion?

How many comparative PL clubs have committed to a 40k + stadium after promotion?

I agree, our first season back is a little early, however of the recently promoted clubs, how many would potentially need a 40k stadium in the short to medium future? I'd like to think we have the potential to need that capacity.

Yes? Doesn’t the Kop bring us to 36k ish? Are you opposed to expanding Sean?

I'm not opposed to the "cheap" option Kop expansion now. I'd worry about the cost of major development in the short term if it affects transfer and player funding. Establish first maybe?

To spend millions on the ground, I'd like any new owners to be substantially wealthier than KMc and HRH, so we don't end up in Queer Street again because of spending on the ground.

Of the clubs currently with sub 40k stadiums I'd say Everton are the only ones currently needing more. There were substantial waiting lists - for some time - for tickets at Arsenal Spurs and West Ham for instance. They pretty much knew they would attract much bigger gates because of that. I don't believe that we could sell another ten thousand tickets per game as things stand. Three thousand on an extended Kop, yes.

I'm not opposed to the "cheap" option Kop expansion now. I'd worry about the cost of major development in the short term if it affects transfer and player funding. Establish first maybe?

To spend millions on the ground, I'd like any new owners to be substantially wealthier than KMc and HRH, so we don't end up in Queer Street again because of spending on the ground.

Of the clubs currently with sub 40k stadiums I'd say Everton are the only ones currently needing more. There were substantial waiting lists - for some time - for tickets at Arsenal Spurs and West Ham for instance. They pretty much knew they would attract much bigger gates because of that. I don't believe that we could sell another ten thousand tickets per game as things stand. Three thousand on an extended Kop, yes.
I don’t disagree, the owners would have to be wealthy enough for it not to cripple us. I don’t think we could sell out 40k immediately every game. I bet we could for some games even this season though. For the better supported teams they could have the entire stand instead of just the lower tier. I just think the potential is there for us to grow, every club is different. Our competition in a big city is poor.

I thought there were already plans approved or nearing approval that would extend the Kop, and add a tier on the South Stand I may be wrong sorry if that's the case.

They would get ROI on the increased value of the club when and if they ever came to sell it. A club with a capacity of 37,000 or 40k odd and who had the fanbase to fill it on several occasions a season and more should they have real success, would be worth a lot more than a club with a 30k capacity.

If we expand an increased our overall capacity would that mean that we would have to provide more away seating than the Bramall Lane lower tier?

If we stay up then we need to increase. Wolves did it other year and to progress we need to continue improving as we have potential.

If we expand an increased our overall capacity would that mean that we would have to provide more away seating than the Bramall Lane lower tier?
No. Premier League rule is at least 3000 or less with permission.

Thing as a club and 'brand' if we redeveloped even if it didnt put much on the attendance then it could push us way ahead with regards to being the citys main club..

With regards to any further bids of euros/world cups it surely would put us infront of wednesday if they looked at a sheffield ground as an option, even elland road had an england game not so long ago.. imagine that at our place!

Wouldn't any stadium expansion be paid for by a mortgage/loan over say 10, 20 or even 30 years? Surely McCabe/Prince wouldn't just handover £50m+ in cash?
I'm pretty sure, whoever wins the court case, won't own the club for long after, and the kerchiiiing factor will take effect.
Just hope the new owners keep backing Wilder, I think the ground is adequate at the moment, let's establish ourselves in the prem first.

The ground is already the 'first choice' for non football events. Look at the various england u21 games, stuntbike shows, rod stewart, boxing, womens league cup final, special Olympics event, womens euros and rugby league world cup.

The last two might limit when we can expand which is slightly frustrating but even before the £5 million quids worth of improvements it was already THE stadium of choice.

32,609 is still on the official visitors guide updated this month. If that’s accurate that would mean that for every seat removed due to the changes, they’ve done a one-for-one replacement on what they’ve been able to add.

Or they've just not bothered updating the website yet

Reactions: Dkc

Back
Top Bottom