Bielsa reaction to Brentford result

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think I must be the only one that felt sorry for them yesterday.
Don't get me wrong I wanted them to lose, but that was purely because it benefitted us.

The faces of their fans when the whistle blew at the end of the game made me realise that we've been in that position so many times, and I think most have said on here that the top three, whoever they are, really deserve to go up, they've been far and away the best three teams over the whole season
It would be a travesty if either us or Leeds didn't make it

Don't get me wrong I wanted them to lose, but that was purely because it benefitted us.

The faces of their fans when the whistle blew at the end of the game made me realise that we've been in that position so many times, and I think most have said on here that the top three, whoever they are, really deserve to go up, they've been far and away the best three teams over the whole season
You live in South Yorkshire don't you? You wouldn't feel sorry for them if you lived in West or North Yorkshire!

Bielsa gets a disproportionate amount of coverage but to be fair he hasn't done a bad job at all. They are 22 points better off than last season with basically the same bunch of players. That strikes me as excellent coaching and getting the most out of a fairly average bunch of players.

I often think Leeds' biggest problem is how overhyped the entire club seem to get throughout the season. That rubbish that Jansson tweeted before our match was so embarrassing that he deleted it, and in the last few matches they have played like pumped up headless chickens.

"basically same buch of players" !?!?!?!?!

Off the top of my (hairless) head
Douglas, Roberts, Bamford (shite I know) all signed in summer for what must have been north of 15 million afore wages etc
Borrowing Harrison & Casilla won't have come cheap either

Leeds biggest problems is they are Leeds - I'd arrogant contemptible shitehawks

When it comes to Wilder or Bielsa, here's a thought regarding the current position of either manager.

Imagine, if we had swapped positions with Leeds yesterday, can you imagine Wilder resigning the club to the play-offs? He'd still maintain that there's every chance we'd regain second position, whereas Bielsa, when asked about Leeds' chances, waved the white flag and accepted that their chances of the autos had vanished.

It's probably this fighting spirit, call it a siege mentality, that is most noticeable between the Blades and Leeds. We've had it ever since we appointed Wilder as manager, and hasn't it served us well. Even as I write, and I'll be the first to admit that confirmation of an automatic place has still to be confirmed, Chris Wilder will make sure that the players know what they have to do to make promotion a reality. Why Bielsa has accepted that his club can no longer win an auto place mystifies me. In fact, if I were a Leeds fan I'd be furious that Bielsa has thrown in the towel, even with a couple of games remaining. They've a lot to learn about the team ethos, and as for the often stated entitlement they presumed, well it ain't over until etc, etc, so I hope they can pick their chins off the ground and prepare for the play-offs with the type of fighting attitude that the Blades take for granted.

Could it be clever psychology ? It's taken all the pressure off his players. They can go out and play with complete freedom against Villa. Should the unthinkable happen against Ipswich they're right back in it with a win.

Could it be clever psychology ? It's taken all the pressure off his players. They can go out and play with complete freedom against Villa. Should the unthinkable happen against Ipswich they're right back in it with a win.

If so, I think it's a bit daft. Bielsa looks lost to me, has no idea what to do to lift his players. Why he dropped Phillips I've no idea, they needed that type of player to dull the threat of Maupay

Could it be clever psychology ? It's taken all the pressure off his players
Watching him on the sidelines yesterday with steam coming out of his ears I thought he was going to blow a gasket. The expression on Bamford's face at 1-0 and with plenty of time left to rescue the game said it all for me; he was utterly dejected and stressed to buggery. Listening to post-match translation of Bielsa's feelings was painful - I couldn't watch more than half before checking out, and I was hoping to find it entertaining.
It got me thinking about what it must be like for the players, and in contrast to the relationship Wilder has with his players.
There's no question in my mind that, no matter how astute or clever a coach he might be, he has been one of the reasons we're 2nd and they're 3rd. If I was paying his wages I'd insist he learnt English and went on a Behavioural Science course. I'd also insist he watches videos of Chris Wilder interviews and keep a log of his Smile/Minute ratios.

It is very much the championship version of Liverpool. Pundits and commentators on TV, the press and football establishment all desperate for them to win the title. Then they are all completely perplexed why the wider football supporting world in the majority want Man City to win it, anybody but Liverpool.

In the Championship, once it became clear that FLDC weren't going to be challenging, they all jumped on the Leeds bandwagon and are equally mystified why so many other supporters hope they fail.

Leeds overhyped? Never! On Quest last night, both Murray & Stephen Warnock both said 'it was a definite penalty (when the useless Bamford fell over at Brentford. Was it fuck.) And 'these things can change the whole course of a game.' They certainly can...

Who does Roofe think he is? Steven Fletcher?

Yes, it’s as though if enough people say ‘definite pen’ that makes it so. Wishful thinking. It wasn’t. Never touched the Dirty Corrupt player.

You could always go & shout for them in the PO's

Wouldn't really make much sense. If we fuck up vs. Ipswich, they'd know about it before they play their next game (which is on the Sunday).

"basically same buch of players" !?!?!?!?!

Off the top of my (hairless) head
Douglas, Roberts, Bamford (shite I know) all signed in summer for what must have been north of 15 million afore wages etc
Borrowing Harrison & Casilla won't have come cheap either

Leeds biggest problems is they are Leeds - I'd arrogant contemptible shitehawks

Douglas has barely played. Bamford was very quickly ruled out until January. The bulk of that team is what it was last season.

Douglas has barely played. Bamford was very quickly ruled out until January. The bulk of that team is what it was last season.

No intention getting into a debate about Leeds. Particularly as you seem to know far more about em than myself, but.........
The fount of all knowledge that is prickipedea suggests Douglas has played approaching 30 games; Bamford 20 odd ......

If I was paying his wages I'd insist he learnt English and went on a Behavioural Science course. I'd also insist he watches videos of Chris Wilder interviews and keep a log of his Smile/Minute ratios.

What makes you think he isn't learning English?

Whilst I can't really be arsed to engage in debate about that mob, particularly with someone who presents as far more knowledgeable about em' it is a long time to Satdi with nowt better to do.
According to that fount of all knowledge Prickipedea......,
Douglas has turned out approaching 30 times; Bamford 20 odd (double figures for goals ?);Roberts also in the 20's;Harrison >30 & the keeper(s) would appear to have rarely turned out last season
Accepting that (semantically) owt less than 6 'new faces' chant be deemed "the bulk" the above 5, all brought in by Biesella ( & at significant cost) have played regularly meaning that his (preferred) side was / is significantly different & suggests that your admiration for him is somewhat misplaced

Any road, what do I need to know (worry about) re Ipswich !?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom