Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v. Sheffield United - 10th Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BOUR
BOUR
BOUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1565024492276.png V. 1565024512398.png

EPL Week 1 - Saturday 10th August 2019 - Dean Court

Here's your match thread for the EPL season opener at Dean Court. Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/bournemouth-vs-sheffield-united.465/

Officials:

Referee:
Friend, Kevin
Assistant Referee: Wilkes, Matthew
Assistant Referee: Hopton, Nick
Fourth Official: Breakspear, Charles
Video Assistant Referee: Mason, Lee
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Halliday, Andrew

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

download_20190810_100548.jpg

Last edited:

So this is it lads. Finally the day is upon us, as the Mighty Blades make their first appearance back in the Premier League after 12 years. And what a glamorous opening we have, ;) with the seaside trip to Bournemouth :) A very difficult game, against a good side, well established in the PL. Though likely to be one of the teams we ought to be looking to finish close to, if not above, if we are to survive season 1.

But anyway.....

Any team news? :)

Surely Billy is to lead the line?

McBurnies debut?

Who is in the 'Duffy' role?

What number of players make their competitive debuts today?

Really cannot wait for this afternoon, and I'll have been on the booze since at least 10am UK time. It looks reasonable to assume we won't be bottom of the league tonight, but you never know. Conversely I don't see us being top :) We need a steady start, and I for one would be happy with a draw, so I'm going for a hopeful 1-1.

Safe journey all. Be loud, be proud.

UTB

Murphy’s Bar in Kuşadası are very kindly sending a mini bus to collect 9 excited Blades from our resort to watch the match. Bring it on!!

Murphy’s Bar in Kuşadası are very kindly sending a mini bus to collect 9 excited Blades from our resort to watch the match. Bring it on!!

A few decisions for Wilder to make today.
Do we go with a flat midfield 3?
If not who plays behind the front 2 Didsy or Freeman?
Surely Robinson is nailed on to start but be interesting to see who the other 2 are

Cockney Man U supporting Andy Goldstein on Talkshite yesterday said this game would be "utter dross" and said he felt sorry for Jason Cundy for having to cover it.

I know that feeling watching Goldstein try to present Soccer AM

We are sheff united,
They call us the blades,
We've got Billy Sharp,
But will he play today?,

Basham and O'Connell,
He best be fucking fit,
If not we've got Jagielka,
He's far from fucking shit!
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ.

Word on Twitter is that Lundstrum is starting. Anyone heard anything similar? I don't quite understand how anyone could know that, frankly...

Word on Twitter is that Lundstrum is starting. Anyone heard anything similar? I don't quite understand how anyone could know that, frankly...
I’d be surprised if he didn’t start , I also heard Henderson will be starting.

Didzy, Fleck and Norwood,
In the middle of the park,
Setting up Robinson,
For the perfect fuckin start
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Henderson

Basham Egan JOC(If passed fit)

Baldock Norwood Fleck Lundstram Stevens

McGoldrick Robinson

Subs;
Moore
Jagielka
Stearman
Osborn
L.Freeman
Sharp
McBurnie

Thats what ive been told...

Give Mcburnie the ball,
He'll stick it in the net,
Were guna rip a new arsehole,
In the fucking prem,
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
AND IT ALL STARTS TODAY.

Henderson

McGoldrick Robinson

Subs;
Moore
Jagielka
Stearman
Osborn
L.Freeman
Sharp
McBurnie

I thought that might be the side.I think 1 up front and an additional midfielder will be the norm away from home. Tried and tested formation at home with 2 strikers.

Henderson

McGoldrick Robinson

Subs;
Moore
Jagielka
Stearman
Osborn
L.Freeman
Sharp
McBurnie

Probably right but with Morrison on the bench instead of?

One of the most important fixtures of the season.

Bournemouth will be in the dogfight with us down there so an early "6 pointer" victory would be... Dare I say... Massive!

You’re believing what the pundits are saying about us then “relegation candidates”?

I think the top 6 or 8 in this league more or less pick themselves. Any of the other 12 are candidates for relegation. I think we have some things in our favour:

A set of footballers who are seeing this as a big step up in their careers and are busting a gut to prove themselves.

A team spirit not bettered anywhere.

Some very talented footballers but without the big names or egos.

A unique style of play.

A tremendous never say die work ethic.

Raucous fans who will roar them on in every game.

A manager who is tactically astute and can get the maximum out of his players.

When you look at some of the other clubs in this league there aren't many who have all those things. So I’m very confident we’ll leave the relegation dogfight to others.

Hi, in peace as always!

Wasn't sure where to spout this nonsense, so figured here to be as good a place as any.
Just want to wish you well for the coming season. (In all but two matches obviously!)

I know a lot of the so called pundits/experts(?) have written us both off but think they are ill-informed/lazy/incompetent.
For what it's worth, my bottom three are: Norwich, Villa and Newcastle. Yet it could realistically be any from a dozen.
I reckon you guys may run it a little close, but I really rate Wilder and think he'll get the best out of your squad. From our point of view (with Albion tinted glasses) I can't see us being anything like the s**tshow we were since xmas and think we'll surprise a few teams by not fielding a defensive nine with an isolated old man sat doing a crossword sixty yards further up the pitch. Seems everyone has written us off and that's a good thing.

Will be interested to see how Norwood gets on this season if he plays.

Bournemouth can be a tricky place to go, and Howe has built quite a formidable squad there. It will certainly not be one of your easier matches. That said, my prediction for your opener is a gritty 1-1. Sorry if that disappoints some on here, but let me assure you, that would be a good away point.

Anyway, thanks for reading my ramblings. Hope we both stay up and more importantly enjoy the season.
isolated old man sat doing a crossword sixty yards further up the pitch. :D That's quality mate. I suspect that sense of humour will serve you well this season,you might need it. As may we .Enjoy.

1:10 am here in the States and I'm saying fuck it going to pull an all-nighter,too excited to go to sleep.

I feel confident going into this one and am just going to thoroughly enjoy it.

UTB

Game on at 2am here in New Zealand. Can't wait to watch it live. Fucking amped!

COYB!!!

Our record when Lundstram starts

W8 D8 L16

Last season his record when starting was

W2 D0 L5

In the two games we won (vs Reading and Brentford away) he was subbed at 0-0 and 2-2.

Lundstram isn’t good enough so I’ll be disappointed if he starts because we never play well with a flat 3. Bournemouth can be attacked and we need a CAM to create chances

So this is it lads. Finally the day is upon us, as the Mighty Blades make their first appearance back in the Premier League after 12 years. And what a glamorous opening we have, ;) with the seaside trip to Bournemouth :) A very difficult game, against a good side, well established in the PL. Though likely to be one of the teams we ought to be looking to finish close to, if not above, if we are to survive season 1.

But anyway.....

Any team news? :)

Surely Billy is to lead the line?

McBurnies debut?

Who is in the 'Duffy' role?

What number of players make their competitive debuts today?

Really cannot wait for this afternoon, and I'll have been on the booze since at least 10am UK time. It looks reasonable to assume we won't be bottom of the league tonight, but you never know. Conversely I don't see us being top :) We need a steady start, and I for one would be happy with a draw, so I'm going for a hopeful 1-1.

Safe journey all. Be loud, be proud.

UTB

Loyse ☹

Like I put in the shoutbox yesterday

it’s as you’d expect

JOC late fitness test, should pass
Lundstram in the midfield 3
Didsy And Robinson upfront

No idea on subs

IT'S TODAY.....Finally.....Lets show theses poncy overpaid southern nancys what were about.
2-1 to Blades after a nervy start and a hide behind the sofa finish. UTMFB

Back
Top Bottom