Player Suggestion Adam Armstrong

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Now they've been relegated, maybe worth a punt? It hasn't worked out for him at Southampton but he's had limited chances and they seem to want to play him out wide half the time.

He has two years left on his contract but I reckon he'd be relatively cheap. Cost them £15 million when he was on form from Blackburn. I assume Southampton will be looking at moving players on if they can, so I'd expect to pay less than half of that upfront.

He's 26 now and a bit of a punt but a fairly decent one. If we do go down, he has a good pedigree in the Championship and would be at peak age for a striker.

Would like us to get him but you can't bank on Southampton being agreeable sellers. Players like Armstrong might be exactly the types they intend to keep for the championship. Just as we'd want to with him this time next year if we're relegated - he's a perfect yo-yo player

The ones they're likely more willing to sell are the recent foreign signings who cost a fair bit

Smallbone and Stuart Armstrong are two orhers we should look at from them but Smallbone is also the type they'll probably want to keep. Perraud is another I'd like.... a more difficult one to call, could see him leaving on loan with a decent fee, can't quite see him staying in the championship

Yep. If we could get him for a good price, I'd go for him.

We need to semi-plan for yo-yo'ing again.
Also why I'd look at Maupay.
I have a few concerns with Maupay.

1. There's the suggestion he's a troublemaker
2. Everton would likely want most of their fee back
3. We couldn't afford his wages last time, I doubt we would now
4. He's turned us down before

Would like us to get him but you can't bank on Southampton being agreeable sellers. Players like Armstrong might be exactly the types they intend to keep for the championship. Just as we'd want to with him this time next year if we're relegated - he's a perfect yo-yo player

The ones they're likely more willing to sell are the recent foreign signings who cost a fair bit

Smallbone and Stuart Armstrong are two orhers we should look at from them but Smallbone is also the type they'll probably want to keep. Perraud is another I'd like.... a more difficult one to call, could see him leaving on loan with a decent fee, can't quite see him staying in the championship
I reckon Smallbone will start for them next season. I also reckon his asking price would be around £10 million.

I like (S) Armstrong but he's 31 now and a think the wages would be an issue.

Perraud is a decent shout but I suspect he'll go back to France.

Did he play under Hecky at Barnsley?
Think so, Armstrong was there in the 2016/17 season at Barnsley and Heck was manager from 2016 to 2018. He only got 6 in 34 games mind.

H
Think so, Armstrong was there in the 2016/17 season at Barnsley and Heck was manager from 2016 to 2018. He only got 6 in 34 games mind.
He's had 1 very good season in the Championship, one good one, and a good League 1 season.
That's kinda it.
That's similar to a lot of the targets we go for, but I get confused with what People class as 'proven'.

I have a few concerns with Maupay.

1. There's the suggestion he's a troublemaker
2. Everton would likely want most of their fee back
3. We couldn't afford his wages last time, I doubt we would now
4. He's turned us down before
5 He doesn't score goals in the Premier League

Would be illogical for Southampton to sell him now when they bought him as one of the Championship's best strikers... and they've now got to get back out of the Championship.

Also, he's really struggled in the Prem, so I'd not be keen on spending more than £5m-£7.5m on him. He would improve our current options, but many would on paper.

Would be illogical for Southampton to sell him now when they bought him as one of the Championship's best strikers... and they've now got to get back out of the Championship.

Also, he's really struggled in the Prem, so I'd not be keen on spending more than £5m-£7.5m on him. He would improve our current options, but many would on paper.
I don't think Southampton are convinced but then they've been shittly run. He needs to have a good run of games as a striker. They've been playing him out wide this season and didn't get a run last season. I think he's a potential Billy replacement.

He's 1-in-4 in the top flight. That's not that shabby considering how the club he's been at was doing.
27 goals in 127 appearances so much closer to 1 in 5, however your point is a good one as 32 appearanced were from the bench. I hadn't realised he'd scored as many probably because he's done nothing at Everton.

if we were still in the championship yes but adam armstrong just isnt a premier league striker

Back
Top Bottom