Player Suggestion Adam Armstrong

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

£25m for a Championship goalscorer.

This is why the fees for McBurnie and Brewster were what they were.

Not a chance.

One decent season in The Championship nowadays equates to a valuation of £20m and upwards.

We already have 2 of those so unless we're selling one for what we paid there's no way we go for Armstrong.

I actually rate him but we should have gone for him when we got promoted as would only have cost about £5m.

I think a promoted team will hoover him up. Be shocked if he's within our reach.
But yes, of course we'd take him. Any club at this level would.

Come on Hecky. Forget Lawrence and get Armstrong in. Could have been a saving grace.

Khadra / Davis / Armstrong

That's promotion material if ever I saw it

Come on Blades, make it happen!

Hard to believe we wouldn't be interested in Armstrong if he's available, same with Davis. So here's hoping.......

If we're ready to push the boat out on the odd loan or 2 then Armstrong and Davis are among the very most obvious players we should target

If they're available, get them in. Forget waiting till the end of the window because you really can't expect anything better to pop up

Athletic says it’s bollocks
Sorry, says what's rubbish? That Adam Armstrong is not available? I've probably got that wrong though.

I can't see us going for him or any other big name striker as I can see us playing one man up top if Berge, Ndiye and say Khadra are with us next season. We've got Brewster as our most likely striker if fit and McBurnie and Sharp as competition and an option to change to two up if we need it. If Berge goes though maybe Khadra plays in the attacking mid role and then Ndiaye plays as a second striker.

If we want to replace MGW we have to be greedy

No thinking we have enough already and shouldn't have too much competition for places

Aim for an excess of quality

If West brom can sign Swift and Wallace then we can sign Davis and Armstrong. Especially if Berge goes. But we should aim for these signings in addition to him. That's promotion

Sorry, says what's rubbish? That Adam Armstrong is not available? I've probably got that wrong though.

I can't see us going for him or any other big name striker as I can see us playing one man up top if Berge, Ndiye and say Khadra are with us next season. We've got Brewster as our most likely striker if fit and McBurnie and Sharp as competition and an option to change to two up if we need it. If Berge goes though maybe Khadra plays in the attacking mid role and then Ndiaye plays as a second striker.
Armstrong isn’t available according to the Athletic

If we want to replace MGW we have to be greedy

No thinking we have enough already and shouldn't have too much competition for places

Aim for an excess of quality

If West brom can sign Swift and Wallace then we can sign Davis and Armstrong. Especially if Berge goes. But we should aim for these signings in addition to him. That's promotion

Agree...but failure to gain promotion next season means a points deduction and financial stability under threat.
Is it worth us doing a Derby? which is a form of cheating or do we stick to the rules and spend what our turnover (income) decides?

I suppose its somewhere in between....intelligent gambling if the opportunity crops up but I'm hoping we're run properly and don't overspend too much.

Agree...but failure to gain promotion next season means a points deduction and financial stability under threat.
Is it worth us doing a Derby? which is a form of cheating or do we stick to the rules and spend what our turnover (income) decides?

I suppose its somewhere in between....intelligent gambling if the opportunity crops up but I'm hoping we're run properly and don't overspend too much.
United are in no way shape or form even close to a points deduction if they don’t go up.

Where the fuck does a point deduction come in?

In what way are we anything like Derby?

🤣 Get a grip man

Spending a bit for one season and failing doesn't automatically result in a points deduction 🤣

But years of McCabist brainwashing might lead you to believe it does

Spending a bit for one season and failing doesn't automatically result in a points deduction 🤣

But years of McCabist brainwashing might lead you to believe it does
Ham and cheese making points. When toasties are being sensible we really are at the bookends

Armstrong isn’t available according to the Athletic
Can you link the article? I checked earlier and it said they’re down to the bare bones but he’s got to earn his place. This story is post the Athletic article so maybe they’ve decided he’s not ready and are looking to bring options in?

With Shane Long departing — the 35-year-old has been in talks with Reading — Hasenhuttl is down to the bare bones in the striking department. Southampton expect Armstrong to be better in his second season. He does, however, need to earn a regular place in the starting line-up, irrespective of whether Hasenhuttl chooses to stick with a front two.

Can you link the article? I checked earlier and it said they’re down to the bare bones but he’s got to earn his place. This story is post the Athletic article so maybe they’ve decided he’s not ready and are looking to bring options in?

With Shane Long departing — the 35-year-old has been in talks with Reading — Hasenhuttl is down to the bare bones in the striking department. Southampton expect Armstrong to be better in his second season. He does, however, need to earn a regular place in the starting line-up, irrespective of whether Hasenhuttl chooses to stick with a front two.

Strikes me as a typical deadline day loan mover

So we can pick him up then after we've already got Khadra and Davis 🤞

So they took the article I clipped and extrapolated that he won’t be loaned to create the article. If they aren’t confident in him quite yet they aren’t going to go into the season relying on him are they. It will be interesting to see who they’re sniffing round, if they get a forward I think a loan will be very much a possibility.

Yes please would love him for us

Back
Top Bottom