2015/16 Home Kit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't want to sound like an echo but... ITS FOR ONE SEASON!!!"

its a remake of an old badge used before the current classic. I agree, the current badge is one of, if not the best in the country.

I doubt the badge will appear on the 2nd and 3rd kits

But has this been stated categorically? I think the shirt is OK - for an away kit. I think the badge should have been left alone. I think the new shirt should have been used until the end of this season then we stand back and take stock for next season.

But has this been stated categorically? I think the shirt is OK - for an away kit. I think the badge should have been left alone. I think the new shirt should have been used until the end of this season then we stand back and take stock for next season.

Rule 38.1 of the Football League:

"During the Close Season, each Club shall notify the Executive, in writing, details of its ‘home’ and ‘away’ colours (shirts, shorts and stockings) and if applicable any third ‘alternative’ set of colours. The Executive shall inform all other Clubs, Referees and Assistant Referees of such details. The Home colours so registered by each Club shall be worn for all Home Matches during the next following Season and no changes either in the colours or combination of colours shall be permitted during the course of the Season. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, each Club is authorised on one occasion per Season to play a Home match in an ‘away’ or ‘alternative’ strip. "

Just as a complete serve ball, another rule of the Football League states:

"Each Club shall take all reasonable steps to maintain its pitch in good order. The Executive may require a Club to take such steps as the Executive shall specify if not satisfied that an adequate standard of pitch is being maintained, including but not limited to the Executive commissioning an independent report on the state of the pitch by a Club, the cost of such independent report to be borne by the Club concerned."

Surely a couple of clubs in the Championship must be quaking!

each Club is authorised on one occasion per Season to play a Home match in an ‘away’ or ‘alternative’ strip. "
grafikhaus ^^thats the particular part you need.

Scunthorpe played in Green at home against us this season. They won't be allowed to do that again. Just as we can't play in the white kit again this season.

So let me get this straight: Our current home kit is bespoke, and not just a reused template? And the largest sports equipment manufacturer in the world can't come up with another unique design within 12 months? And the kit we'll be using the season after next has already been designed and can't be changed?
Sorry Jim, but that's bollocks. If adidas are that inflexible maybe we should go the Southampton route and manufacture our own kit?
Fuck me you could go to any seaside market in Turkey and someone will knock you a kit out for any team for any season and you can pick it up next day and it will be half the price, Jim's taking the piss. more like a club in league one are way down the Adidas priority list, maybe the club should design it's own kit I'm sure their would be a queue of companies wanting to make 20,000 or so shirts for us.

Those that have pre-ordered it, do you have to pay now or do they take the money when they post it out?

grafikhaus ^^thats the particular part you need.

Scunthorpe played in Green at home against us this season. They won't be allowed to do that again. Just as we can't play in the white kit again this season.

Boo! I now like the white kit! Ditto the 'historic' badge. Now if only they sell them with 'Ye Olde John Hollande Car Sayles' logo, I'm sold! :)

[QUOTE="Blade for Sale, post: 735207, member: 9973"different for me ally I think any variation at all on red and white stripes is fine. Pinstripes, thick stripes, red and white halves, even a diagonal stripe a la Peru would be fine by me. I also liked both blue away kits and wouldn't have an issue with an even lighter blue on an away kit.

I bought and wore the blue away kit. Away kits are different to me and provide options to "play" with various designs and colours (within reason - no making us play in our rivals kits of course). I just like to be able to see our stripes when I'm watching the team at home. I also hated the diamonds kit and the Bob Hatton Ajax thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! It's not only me that calls that shirt the Bob Hatton one. Thank you...

I bought and wore the blue away kit. Away kits are different to me and provide options to "play" with various designs and colours (within reason - no making us play in our rivals kits of course). I just like to be able to see our stripes when I'm watching the team at home. I also hated the diamonds kit and the Bob Hatton Ajax thing.

Yeah! It's not only me that calls that shirt the Bob Hatton one. Thank you...[/QUOTE]
Memories :rolleyes:

I can't be bothered to trawl through 19 pages of people coming out with different ways of saying change is not good.

Buuuuut has anyone thought about if we do pull off a miracle and get promoted we will have to wear an away kit at the sty next season?

If we are going for the looking back at the past, May I suggest the Bobby Davison Special...

Away Kit.jpg

52249762.jpg

4th div

Best United team in my lifetime. Because it's the only team I've seen win a trophy!
Hence the pennant avatar...

View attachment 11120
how come there was no outcry for this abortion, the shirt not Midgley no stripes in sight , its a block
What do you mean no outcry? Just about all the United fans I know dislike that kit. Is it because you can't find the 19 page thread complaining about it from 1978? ;)

at the start of the celebrations we were given this
View attachment 11117
many said how much they liked it , it may have swayed the choice

I thought exactly that. More people purchased that than I imagined. I didn't buy one as I don't wear those big heavy retro things you can get but will be buying the new shirt.

I nipped to the lane earlier and they have the kit on a manikin. It's very well made, similar to this season's home strip in style with the difference in shoulder material etc. One thing I did notice is pinstripes are on the back too. On Saturday, it looked like the back was plain.

Also, the shirt on the manikin has the new style John Holland Logo. The ones in the window (which I presume were early mock-ups) have the old logo.

I seem to remember when they brought out the ''Ajax' style kit, it was the first one that had had an advert on it. In this case looking for choirboys for the local Synagogue obviously.

The 'rationale' being that they couldn't get a legible advert on the front of the usual stripes especially those with the black lines from Admiral which I think preceded this one (still my fave). Brighton dropped their stripes for much the same reason at that time.

I think what some supporters of the 'Forest away' kit miss is CONTEXT. The Cantors® kit looked wrong at Bramall Lane for United but a very similar kit looks fine for Feyenoord, its what you expect to see. We usually look a bit crap in White shorts but Stoke (usually) look fine, its what you expect to see and also its about loyalty which is the only reason 18 000 people still bother turning up to watch the matches, loyalty is reinforced by its symbols be they Crosses or Sickle Moons or Union Jacks or Morning suits with stripey trousers and a bowler hat. See this garb at Bramall Lane and it would look all wrong, see it at St. Pancras awaiting the Master Cutler and its fine.

This is why you mess with history with great care. Also the new kit just looks crap and has features invisible from the stand or on TV.

When Arsenal wore their plum coloured kit, it was a good BRIGHT colour, Thierry Henry was wearing it and the Gunners were giving it both barrels. Our new effort is drab, will look terrible daubed with mud as its not a bold enough colour and its unlikely we will be challenging for Europe next season, or will we........?

Looks wicked, a lot of people are going to go into meltdown because of the lack of stripes though...

Perfect rehash of our first ever kit by adidas, also not a template.

Generally supports don't like the removal of their stripes... Ala southampton, west brom however this is a none-permenant change which illustrates the clubs history neatly. It will take some time getting use too but super cool. Almost like it was designed with John Brayfords hipster look in mind.

Could of made the pin stripes about 1.5x thicker though almost invisible!

Our first ever kit had an all white shirt. Pin stripes were not added until 1890-91 season. And I do not think there were any red bits on the shoulders.

You can't tell from the photo but in the flesh, the white background/outline on the sponsor stands out quite a bit. Looks a bit tacky really.

Back
Top Bottom